Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ONEPAY - Decentralized POS Solutions on the EOS Blockchain  (Read 758 times)
ONEPAY (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:54:54 PM

How long before you guys have some sort of a prototype ?

We actually already have one! The video will be posted later this week (we have a photographer with a top-down camera rig coming to film the usage video). The demo app is currently only for Android but the Apple version is in the works as well. Stay tuned for the video, we will post it here and on our site when it is up!

Are you guys going to solely have iphone/android apps or will you have terminals too eventually like pundi x?

Thanks for the question! We will eventually develop our own POS system. We are concurrently developing the POS app in java alongside the iphone and android apps, but we will wait until we have raised capital to release any significant information about it. This is so that we can source reliable and proprietary POS hardware to run our application on, instead of using generic android POS systems such as the SM-V1/IPDA020/SUNMI V1/SUNMI M1/ZKC PC901, etc.
quantum-space-man

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

Kind of a competitor to PundiX and Belugapay.  I am intrigued by this concept and would like to know more about any current prototypes of the technology, is there anything you can share?

Also, is this product envisioned for e-commerce?
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

Kind of a competitor to PundiX and Belugapay.  I am intrigued by this concept and would like to know more about any current prototypes of the technology, is there anything you can share?

We will be creating Magento and Wordpress E-commerce plugins in the near future! More news about this will be release when we have a solid working demo :]
erentils

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:49:35 AM

We will be creating Magento and Wordpress E-commerce plugins in the near future! More news about this will be release when we have a solid working demo :]

Interesting...will you offer an API for those who dont use a prebuilt shopping cart / cms system?
azvn

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:14:43 AM

how about bounty program ?
someprimetime

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:51:55 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:52:06 AM by someprimetime

This idea is looking interesting I would like to get some info about dev team which is really important factor to know about them who will take our funds. I hope you will reveal this secret soon into this thread.

We will be revealing the team at a later date,

When exactly is that?

Is your name trademarked?

What makes you confident you'll be able to actually LICENSE the system to the store?

Also, this is how you win this game:

1. Get funds from Block.one.
2. Build an API for payments above EOS (think Request Network competitor). Then you build a decentralized exchange layer that will allow companies like Square to use it.
3. They remove their VISA/AMEX/etc handcuffs.
4. I can now buy things in the real world.
quantum-space-man

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:17:42 PM

Excited to see the working demo.  This sounds like a really solid concept and can help drive crypto into mainstream commerce.  I hope you can deliver as per your roadmap...if so, this project has massive potential.
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:25:00 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 04:20:05 PM by ONEPAY

This idea is looking interesting I would like to get some info about dev team which is really important factor to know about them who will take our funds. I hope you will reveal this secret soon into this thread.

When exactly is that?

What makes you confident you'll be able to actually LICENSE the system to the store?

2. Build an API for payments above EOS (think Request Network competitor). Then you build a decentralized exchange layer that will allow companies like Square to use it.

Thanks for the feedback!

The team will most likely be revealed when we finish the presale. Some funds from the presale will be used to hire an attorney on retainer (crypto-attorneys are not cheap unfortunately) who will advise us on if there are any illegalities or caveats which will get us in trouble. We will remediate anything that can be a detriment both to the company and to the team, and then release the team info.

The licensing issue: Our vision is to have both an app and a POS for merchants (the app will obviously not be able to print receipts). We wont necessarily need to license a POS to them. As for why they would use it, there are a few reasons: cost savings (our fee is 1.5% (not finalized) vs Square's 2.75% plus 30 cents, or traditional credit cards which are 3%+) as well as reduced fraud (no chargebacks). In essence, imagine a 1% revenue boost to a large chain like mcdonalds, macys, best buy, or 7-eleven who do millions in sales per day. The numbers (and savings) begin to add up quick.

We keep hearing about getting funding from block.one - we are not against the idea and we will look into it depending on how the ICO goes!

We already have the API on our internal roadmap. We will be building Magento, Shopify, and Wordpress plugins which will run off of our API ;] But making a DEX is an interesting idea, thank you!

Let us know if you have any feedback or criticism, we are always looking for new ideas.
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:41:36 PM

how about bounty program ?

Bounty info coming soon!
lambo-mooner

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:33 PM

So you guys will be building e-commerce plugins on top of the POS system? and How soon can we expect to see some sort of a prototype for these online e-commerce plugins that you mentioned?
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:18:39 PM

Excited to see the working demo.  This sounds like a really solid concept and can help drive crypto into mainstream commerce.  I hope you can deliver as per your roadmap...if so, this project has massive potential.

Thank you, we are just as excited as you are!
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:28:05 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 05:49:12 PM by ONEPAY

So you guys will be building e-commerce plugins on top of the POS system? and How soon can we expect to see some sort of a prototype for these online e-commerce plugins that you mentioned?

We will be creating and supporting Magento/Shopify/Wordpress/etc plugins. The e-commerce plugins should be ready once the main App is done as they will be running through the same API.
lambo-mooner

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

We we will be creating and supporting Magento/Shopify/Wordpress/etc plugins. The e-commerce plugins should be ready once the main App is done as they will be running through the same API.

Hopefully we can see some prototypes soon.
Really excited to see this project in action.
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

We we will be creating and supporting Magento/Shopify/Wordpress/etc plugins. The e-commerce plugins should be ready once the main App is done as they will be running through the same API.

Hopefully we can see some prototypes soon.
Really excited to see this project in action.

We will be releasing a video of the prototype at the end of this week or early the following week!
someprimetime

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:21:43 PM

When exactly is that?

Thanks for the feedback!

The team will most likely be revealed when we finish the presale. Some funds from the presale will be used to hire an attorney on retainer (crypto-attorneys are not cheap unfortunately) who will advise us on if there are any illegalities or caveats which will get us in trouble. We will remediate anything that can be a detriment both to the company and to the team, and then release the team info.

The licensing issue: Our vision is to have both an app and a POS for merchants (the app will obviously not be able to print receipts). We wont necessarily need to license a POS to them. As for why they would use it, there are a few reasons: cost savings (our fee is 1.5% (not finalized) vs Square's 2.75% plus 30 cents, or traditional credit cards which are 3%+) as well as reduced fraud (no chargebacks). In essence, imagine a 1% revenue boost to a large chain like mcdonalds, macys, best buy, or 7-eleven who do millions in sales per day. The numbers (and savings) begin to add up quick.

We keep hearing about getting funding from block.one - we are not against the idea and we will look into it depending on how the ICO goes!

We already have the API on our internal roadmap. We will be building Magento, Shopify, and Wordpress plugins which will run off of our API ;] But making a DEX is an interesting idea, thank you!

Let us know if you have any feedback or criticism, we are always looking for new ideas.

Thanks for the replies.

I still think you should reveal your team before the crowdsale. How often have you given money to something without actually knowing who is building it?
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:35:43 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:46:51 PM by ONEPAY

Thanks for the replies.

I still think you should reveal your team before the crowdsale. How often have you given money to something without actually knowing who is building it?

While we see the benefit of releasing our identities, imagine the following two scenarios:

1. Before we have secured an attorney, we release our identities. It turns out that something we were doing did not comply with US securities laws or was some kind of SEC/FTC violation. We are forced to return anything we raised (be it 10 eth or 10000 eth). This leaves us at 0 Eth for all the time we spent promoting the ICO and doing marketing (we havent hired anyone for marketing, we do all of this ourselves currently). We may also face civil penalties.

2. We do not reveal our identities before the sale. We raise less eth than we would have (lets say we only raise 100 Eth). While we raised a small amount, compared to scenario one (where we raised nothing and might have been penalized by federal regulatory bodies), we are still 100 Eth ahead. This eth is enough for us to hire an attorney and purchase listing on an exchange. We can always sell tokens through a dev sell wall to raise more money. The product development wont be put on hold since we do not need to hire any developers. Not having marketing wont kill us, since releasing a working product will organically drive buyers to our ERC20 token, and will allow us to raise eth on the secondary market (aka exchanges).

In short, we've weighed the pro's and con's of releasing our identities before hiring legal help, and the cons far outweigh the pros. We dont need funds to BUILD our product, we need funds to PROMOTE it. Building apps is what the entire team is specialized in, so funding or not, it will eventually get done. Not to mention all of us are employed full time, so there are no starving developers living on hopes and dreams on our team :]

If people do not want to trust us, we don't blame them and we do not hold it against them. Just for perspective, people thought EOS was a scam when it was announced.
erentils

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:24:18 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 09:39:23 PM by erentils

Thanks for the replies.

While we see the benefit of releasing our identities, imagine the following two scenarios:

1. Before we have secured an attorney, we release our identities. It turns out that something we were doing did not comply with US securities laws or was some kind of SEC/FTC violation. We are forced to return anything we raised (be it 10 eth or 10000 eth). This leaves us at 0 Eth for all the time we spent promoting the ICO and doing marketing (we havent hired anyone for marketing, we do all of this ourselves currently). We may also face civil penalties.

2. We do not reveal our identities before the sale. We raise less eth than we would have (lets say we only raise 100 Eth). While we raised a small amount, compared to scenario one (where we raised nothing and might have been penalized by federal regulatory bodies), we are still 100 Eth ahead. This eth is enough for us to hire an attorney and purchase listing on an exchange. We can always sell tokens through a dev sell wall to raise more money. The product development wont be put on hold since we do not need to hire any developers. Not having marketing wont kill us, since releasing a working product will organically drive buyers to our ERC20 token, and will allow us to raise eth on the secondary market (aka exchanges).

In short, we've weighed the pro's and con's of releasing our identities before hiring legal help, and the cons far outweigh the pros. We dont need funds to BUILD our product, we need funds to PROMOTE it. Building apps is what the entire team is specialized in, so funding or not, it will eventually get done. Not to mention all of us are employed full time, so there are no starving developers living on hopes and dreams on our team :]

If people do not want to trust us, we don't blame them and we do not hold it against them. Just for perspective, people thought EOS was a scam when it was announced.

I'm iffy on the anonymous part but this makes total sense to me when you put it into perspective. Something is always better than nothing and if there is a working prototype, that should kind of speak for itself. I guess early investors who take the risk stand to take the most.

Really looking forward to see where this goes!  Grin
quantum-space-man

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:09:15 PM

What platforms are you targeting for the app? Curious to hear your developments
ONEPAY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:53:19 PM

What platforms are you targeting for the app? Curious to hear your developments

Thank you for the question! We are primarily focused on our Android prototype at the moment (releasing a progress video on February 3rd, 2018).  However, our application will support IOS as well! There will also be a web portal for merchants.
arm84

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

Hi guys,

I am just curious if you have working beta product or not?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: