Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:15:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Bitmit might be scamming you!  (Read 766 times)
Zakryze (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 11:06:08 AM

I transferred money to the escrow of bitmit but instead of keeping it in the wallet it was transferred out be4 being released by me. Gonna see what support says on this but i have proof of my coins being forwarded to another address although they say its still in escrow. Are they allowed to do so?

Maybe its them offering the Macbooks and not sending them because they say they have a legit ID of the ppl selling them but those people dont exist IRL.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:10:54 AM

As long as your balance is still in escrow it doesn't matter if they move coins, perhaps to cold storage for security reasons? Seeing as they act as a trusted third party, you are trusting them to keep track of your balance in escrow and then settle payment on your behalf once you confirm receipt of your order.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:14:19 AM

Not scam, they simply moved your coins, but the system knows how much you sent, if you cancel the trade you will get back your coins as BitMit wallet, thats why they moved.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Zakryze (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 11:17:54 AM

Well its pretty intransparent to me and they could still use it for other stuff can't they? I am pretty pissed right now and might be overreacting but how does it make sense that they still allow those macbook auctions even when you report them as you won them already and nothing happened several times?
It seems as if they raise money with it to use for their own purpose IMO. ponzi doesnt mean that they cant give you your coins back. I guess i will just not use it any longer unless i had a real conversation with the seller.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
hayek

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

You really shouldn't worry about it. Lots of services receive coins one place then send them to hot/cold storage as is needed.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:55:09 PM

OP, do you even know how escrow works? You trust a 3rd party with your coins, why do you care what they're doing with them as long as they payout as promised?

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:48:50 PM

The wallets on Bitmit are shared among all the users, just like they are on for instance MtGox, BitStamp and Silk Road. When you do a trade the other party won't get the same coins as you sent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: