Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:06:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the video on an ICO webpage impact your investment decision?  (Read 127 times)
dmngdsm (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:32:45 PM

Hey guys! I'm a marketing expert recently involved in ICOs. The industry is blowing my mind and from marketing point of view it's really interesting phenomenon to observe.

Today I want to ask you whether you watch carefully the ICO's videos. There are so many factors when one is making a decision whether to invest or not and the video is just one of them.

Is it important for you? What videos appeal better to you? The ones you see the team or the animated ones that describe the idea in a cool graphic way? Hope this will turn into a good discussion.

Crypto Marketing Advisor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Exception80

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:42:42 PM

I always watch video on website, if it's explain the main idea of project. It's save my time, because reading of white paper sometimes takes a long time...
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:10:46 PM

I would rather have a video, but i don't think it would impact my decision to invest in a ICO.
Renzarra

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:15:06 PM

Video can easier explain and give you needed information, video flashiness shows that someone is giving his effort in that particular project.
But Video will not impact to my decisions. I do my research anyway.
dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:01:01 PM

Video can easier explain and give you needed information, video flashiness shows that someone is giving his effort in that particular project.
But Video will not impact to my decisions. I do my research anyway.

Oh, of course a video can't be the most important factor about the decision.

Do you prefer animated video or interviews with team?

Crypto Marketing Advisor
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

Hey guys! I'm a marketing expert recently involved in ICOs. The industry is blowing my mind and from marketing point of view it's really interesting phenomenon to observe.

Today I want to ask you whether you watch carefully the ICO's videos. There are so many factors when one is making a decision whether to invest or not and the video is just one of them.

Is it important for you? What videos appeal better to you? The ones you see the team or the animated ones that describe the idea in a cool graphic way? Hope this will turn into a good discussion.

I don´t even watch the video at all! I go directly to the team, do my numbers and check the legitimacy of the project. Most of them don´t even get to pass the first 60 seconds of scrutiny, so needless to say that I am not wasting my time watching a video.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:08:47 PM

I always watch video on website, if it's explain the main idea of project. It's save my time, because reading of white paper sometimes takes a long time...

You are not reading correctly then. It is very easy to spot the most relevant red flags in a few seconds if you know what you are looking for.... and if you don´t know what to look for it does not matter if you spend your life reading or watching videos.

ahuskano

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:15:28 PM

Personally, the video will not be the main factor for investment decision at all. But, I always watch them if a website has it. When I click on some ad (for ico) I will first try to find a video to get short explanation about the project. If I find the video interesting I will go research the team and wp, if not, I will just close the site.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:38:25 PM

They all pretty much look the same, with the happy go lucky music. A copy of each other. What's important is the whitepaper, etc.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:54:56 PM

Before deciding to invest, first look at the information about the team and study the white paper. And after, If I have any questions about the project, I can see the video with the developer's explanations.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:01:20 PM

I think the video just an easier way to understand the project and how it works. It got no influence on my investment decision, I see it as an article but more entertaining.  Grin
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:02:39 PM

I think the video is influential, but not too big. I only see the video as a shortcut when I want to see the potential of a project for investment. the most important thing is what they offer, because sometimes there are ICOs that have convincing and promising presentation videos, but do not have good results and do not match what they implement

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:04:55 PM

Oh, of course a video can't be the most important factor about the decision.

Do you prefer animated video or interviews with team?
When there are interesting ICO's I'm watching them. I'd prefer interviews with the team, this is what the investors need. But as an addition, it will be good if there's an animated video on what the project really is all about. You know nowadays people are too lazy in reading things that they are investing. What they only know is like this, "An interesting ICO, I'll invest to make more money." Graphical interpretation through an animated presentation will also help and much better if it summarizes the whole thing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:11:29 PM

I'd say a video could be useful especially for those who are starting out. It can give a clearer definition of what the project brings to the table and the benefits. It can be a good source of information. Though personally, I wouldn't really pin my decision on the video alone. A healthy dose of research must be done as well.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:18:05 PM

Usually it doesn't hurt it, but definitely doesn't do a positive impact. Because 99% of the videos are too shiny and 'see-how-great' are we without any useful information.

One exception: if the site is with auto-start video I'm insta closing it and never look back at the project. I'm too annoyed from this practice.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:30:09 PM

It's not. It's paid to promote, i guess that to find another un-paid review will much better rather than it.

I don't take a lot of attention of it. A lot of kind words to the ico in such paid to promote the video.

Community review will go much better rather than it. How people become smart in these days.

They are all following what will have done by the community to the ico.

The only honest video will get a lot of attention.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
dmngdsm (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

You are not reading correctly then. It is very easy to spot the most relevant red flags in a few seconds if you know what you are looking for.... and if you don´t know what to look for it does not matter if you spend your life reading or watching videos.

Have you shared somewhere on the forum which are your red flags - it's not quite on the topic of this post, but it's interesting - if you can decide whether a project is cool or not in under a minute, I believe you have really solid criteria...I'd like to know them.

Smiley

It's not. It's paid to promote, i guess that to find another un-paid review will much better rather than it.

I don't take a lot of attention of it. A lot of kind words to the ico in such paid to promote the video.

Community review will go much better rather than it. How people become smart in these days.

They are all following what will have done by the community to the ico.

The only honest video will get a lot of attention.

Then what about if you get a positive honest review for example by someone on Youtube and you put it on your ICO page during the campaign? Will it make an impact?

Crypto Marketing Advisor
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:41:25 PM

I always watch a video about the project if it is available. It saves my time very much and I do not need to read many pages of information. But the availability of video for me does not play a decisive role in the choice of ICO. For me other factors are important such as the team and advisors, the community.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:42:55 PM

Video should not be done in order to increase the volume of advertising, the video should explain the technology if they are very confused in the White Papers
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

Videos are always helping to spreading the word. I like videos and reviews i spent much time on youtube.
Quality videos are really helping to understand details.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀