Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:32:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge supply of a coin  (Read 86 times)
Sircheat (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

I need to know this! Is there any specific reason why a cryptocurrency developer will decide to produce a coin with total supply running in trillions?
kaineh

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

Perhaps, if he wants to use in the project to assign names to all the star luminaries in the universe) Or he will be very confident in the growth of the course of his coin. I think that such an experiment could go mr. Durov with Telegram
kryptokowalski

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

The biggest reason i feel they would need a high supply is the technology plans to utilize a large volume of payments (ex. i invest in Kin which is a rewards coin for KIK. They have a very huge supply but they have a large amount of users using their app). This also drives the price down though with the amount of supply.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

It is called tokenimics, that is because they want to see price in specific range for certain periods of time, if the supply is low and project is good, price can quickly grow multifolds, but if the supply is very big then the increase in price will require big buying and volume and usually the supply is more than the demand keeping the price within a specific range.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:59:14 PM

If there is trillions, it means there will be bigger block rewards, which means you should be able to mine more coins per day. Since 1 satoshi is the lowest price you can have, that means you should be able to make much more money mining a coin that has trillions.

This could be a reason someone would choose to have such a huge supply coin.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: