Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which demographic are you?  (Voting closed: February 02, 2018, 09:26:26 PM)
Female - 3 (37.5%)
Male - 4 (50%)
Other - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demographics of Crypto users?  (Read 132 times)
kareninsf (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:26:26 PM

Hi there,
I heard some statistics  yesterday, and am surprised that women still make up a small part of the crypto community. I thought I'd throw up this silly poll to see what it's like here.
Thanks for participating Smiley
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:31:41 PM

Crypto users are mostly young.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:45:26 PM

Hi there,
I heard some statistics  yesterday, and am surprised that women still make up a small part of the crypto community. I thought I'd throw up this silly poll to see what it's like here.
Women make up a small portion of almost everything, even if it does seem to have a bias to attracting men more than women in general. Same thing goes for video games, tournaments, businesses, all kinds of things. It's not a surprise that there are women within the community at all. It's probably a good thing, in the long run, to be honest, but it likely won't ever have much of an impact, nor will you hear about them often.

Crypto users are mostly young.
As in 18-34 yes, but there are far fewer groups of people who are interested in Bitcoin beyond that sort of age range. The older folks getting involved now are often boomers trying to make a bunch of money on this magical new investment, not out of legitimate curiosity. Just so I'm fair to all the elders on this board there are still a lot of legitimate users who like the technology, but it's not like how it used to be.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:49:05 PM

Hi there,
I heard some statistics  yesterday, and am surprised that women still make up a small part of the crypto community. I thought I'd throw up this silly poll to see what it's like here.

Anyway lets be honest, when it comes to tech stuff most of the people who are interested in these things are men, even most devs are man... There are women of course but they are not in the majority of users. However I do thing that it doesn't matter at end which gender are you, what matters is if you have heard about btc and other alts and are you a good person.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:50:13 PM

I'm 75, and that is old enough to know that I'm not an "other". Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:58:23 PM

I saw a post earlier asking why few women are into bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. As of writing, though, your poll is at 2 M and 2 F and 1 Other, so we shall see. LOL.

When I started, I was also searching for women in my local thread. Those who replied were guys who said there are few who are members and active here. I did find a Facebook group with female members, ages 23-30. And we're as active as the male members, with one even managing to join a coin's dev team. But we're still outnumbered by a big margin.

As with tech industry, we'll catch up. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: