Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time HODLer wants to trade- BEST hot wallet?  (Read 121 times)
freedombycrypto (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:07:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Consider this my hello to the community. Smiley I've been invested in BTC and ETH long-term and picked up some others along the way but I haven't been actively trading and I want to get started. So far, everything's been safely stored in a cold wallet.

What are the best wallets for trading?

I've heard mixed things about Jaxx - that it's safe enough for mobile but makes your private key vulnerable to hackers if you use it on a laptop. And I've heard Exodus Eden stands to be a good choice. I'm not planning to store a lot of money on here, but still, I want high security and easy liquidity for trades.

Thoughts? Experiences? Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:58:16 AM

Hi everyone,

Consider this my hello to the community. Smiley I've been invested in BTC and ETH long-term and picked up some others along the way but I haven't been actively trading and I want to get started. So far, everything's been safely stored in a cold wallet.

I've heard mixed things about Jaxx - that it's safe enough for mobile but makes your private key vulnerable to hackers if you use it on a laptop. And I've heard Exodus Eden stands to be a good choice. I'm not planning to store a lot of money on here, but still, I want high security and easy liquidity for trades.

I think that at this point you should not keep anymore but cut the hole and wait for the bottom to buy. It can be seen that the past four weeks have seen a lot of bad news from countries such as China, Korea and most recently India when the country has issued a ban on all activities related to bitcoin in this country. The bad news has dramatically reduced bitcoin prices and I think the bitcoin price will continue to fall further and at $ 7400.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:14:58 AM

Exodus is good choice it has good UI and you can still has control your private key. But you cant set your own fees, sometime is too expensive so i recommend using another wallet just for send your coin and exodus for storing altcoin. I use electrum for PC and Coinomi for mobile wallet. So far so good and never face big problem.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:31:41 PM

unfortunately i have not heard that many good reviews from wallets that support multiple altcoins on top of bitcoin. the only thing that stands out is a hardware wallet which will cost you. so if you have no issue with that, i suggest buying a Trezor or Ledger Nano. both of them are good choices. check their websites to see what coins they support.

There is a FOMO brewing...
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I think that at this point you should not keep anymore but cut the hole and wait for the bottom to buy. It can be seen that the past four weeks have seen a lot of bad news from countries such as China, Korea and most recently India when the country has issued a ban on all activities related to bitcoin in this country. The bad news has dramatically reduced bitcoin prices and I think the bitcoin price will continue to fall further and at $ 7400.
Selective reading or you didn't read the entire post? OP is not asking for an advice on trading, he is not asking if its a good time to Buy, Sell or Hodl. He is asking what is the best wallet to use and he even mentioned some examples.

OP, if you plan to trade and use a separate wallet to store your funds, you might end up paying a lot of fees whenever you transfer your funds from your hot wallet to the exchange site. While it is not advisable to store funds in an exchange site, just store enough funds for trading purposes. I heard about Ledger nano and Trezor that they are good, but I haven't used or tried it since its expensive to buy that here from my country.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

I recommend hardware wallet such as Ledger or Trezor. At a price less than $100, it provide good security and does not reveal your private key to the browser. Your private key never leave the hardware wallet.

Please buy from the official website. Don’t buy from unofficial source such as Ebay to prevent getting wallets that are tampered.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:09:12 PM
Merited by nl247 (1)

OK!  You got my attention with the Exodus Eden! Exodus generally is a good wallet, but I am sure you know Eden was made for the pros and for testing of some new or pending assets that may be listed later on the main wallet, and there is basically no support for Eden. Even the Devs will clarify that to you on their slack page.

If you are sure you want to go ahead using it and be able to sort yourself out incase anything goes wrong, then it is fine, otherwise you may just want to stick with the main released version and hope the assets you want will be listed in the long run, but for me, Exodus still stands the best chance for a decentralized hot PC wallet. Nevertheless, regarding your sentiment with Jaxx, it is best to know your desktop wallet is just as safe as your PC, so even exodus is not exempted.
Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: