Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit Facebook  (Read 1817 times)
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:19:47 PM

Well using facebook for me is not just an annoyance like what you always felt before when you used it,, there are things that could benefit me as a whole by using facebook, maybe you are right by somehow it feels better not to see things like that but it depends on you if you let it affect you.

rickdeed1956

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:23:41 PM

Social Media as a whole has been a blessing and a plague.  It goes to show you, like anything in life, something built for good can be spun for evil very fast.  Besides the whole marketing influence that Facebook pushes on us, but it gave a platform to those that we didnt like enough to keep in touch with in the first place.  There is a reason why you dont talk to Jenny from high school...she was a bitch then, and continues to be today...LOL
mindmastering

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:57:05 AM

I barely use facebook for the past year or so.

I unfollowed everyone except close friends.

About what OP is talking about feeling so good not seeing all those 'celebrities'. I know how that feels. I stopped watching television. I use TV now only to watch movies. No news, no shitty programs and ads.
iconicavs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:23:25 AM

It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

Facebook by far is the biggest media that people are using. The gather a lot of information using the media and can express themselves. It is not really easy to just wile it out. It has been a part of people's lived in modern society

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:29:52 AM

It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

It's really impossible for some people to quit it. It has been a part of their daily life. They connect with people who are far from them using facebook. Many people uses facebook as well for their business. For examlple ICOS camp. There are couple of category you can choose and one of them is facebook. It is a useful media nowadays specially when people are modernized.
Benjaminplease

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:38:37 AM

Kind of like "turning off" the tv in the old days. Can be a good thing if it's not your livelihood
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:59:02 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:06:45 AM by Palmholder

I did quit Facebook several years ago, dont miss it at all. I did never use twitter or telegram as well as slack and instagram, I also left local social webs couple years ago.
   I dont wish to leave a trace in such services because I beleive they are evil. The forum blessed by Satoshi is exception - the place where I am online

boynegro

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:04:09 AM

I rarely check my facebook. Although, amazon and others are listening in on your phone conversations just to deliver you premium advertisements. Should be a fun and interesting year.
Quitting facebook its not easy. because some of facebook user business are they posting here. And facebook is the easier way to get information on what is going on in this country. the easiest way to communicate to other people using facebook in this generation.
hunterWood

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:25:48 AM

I have a FB, but I rarely use it. But for the past month I have been finding myself login on every day, only because I sent a person a message. It's annoying. I have to stop that. But other than that I do not use it. Time is better spent on BTT.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:58 AM

I cannot quit facebook. If you actually do not want to see those showbiz, politics, etc. you can control what to see on your newsfeed. Right now, my facebook is only use for social media campaign. I do not use it anymore for chat, etc. If you know how to use your facebook wisely, then you do not need to quit.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:53:32 AM

Sometimes I am thinking to deactivate my account in facebook, but on the 2nd thought i can't because its also the communication from my love ones. Why I am thinking to quit FB? Because nowadays, social media is very complicated you can see a lot of pictures and videos or news that is not good. And also good for us if we dont have any idea for those issues. it is very peaceful. Smiley

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:05:19 AM

No I don't, this is a my only social media that can shares thoughts and feelings for me, i don't feel like talk in personally but this is my only one communications of my friends and family, yes we have gadgets like CP but about facebook many other things you can see and learn.
zngit

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:36:52 AM

I tried it few moths ago coz I feel bored to facebook. In my experience in using facebook dragging and dragging seeing my friends out of town. Seeing others very nice. Everyday is like the same things. Yes I admit using facebook is very helpful and useful. Facebook really great toward users. But sometimes users need rest of using fb just to relax and never mind others a little while.
Tonakai

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:30:03 AM

FB is sucks! Grin
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

I have the feeling that the people of my age (25 - 35 yo) are using less and less facebook. I keep using messenger from facebook; But I barely never open facebook from my computer or my mobile. I keep it to chat with my friends. But I agree that there are too much useless information on your feed

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:27:01 PM

I only open it to check if I have online contacts and that's also where we do video chats (they're rather old school folks). But other than that, meh. I don't even follow my friends' and family's posts that much. I do check out the local news and go copy+paste ninja, opening the article and posting the content right in the comment section.

"Fake news" is a big thing in my country and because of Zuckerberg's free access scheme, the site has been used for propaganda. People on "free data" can only see headlines and comments and that's where trolls profit from. For the mainstream media, they can always come up with clickbaity headlines. For the paid trolls, they can just saturate the comment sections with lies and the people can't check for themselves. I've even seen trolls saying that the article was saying so and so and the poor people will have no way to confirm.
At this juncture, I will say that i am very much addicted to Facebook and because of it, I am not even watching any news at all because i am getting all the news and information i need right on Facebook and its the best way to stalk people.

And that's why it has become dangerous. Even when people can open the "news" articles on FB, many of those are of dubious origins, many just blogs from anonymous users. And then there's the favorite circular referencing. Mainstream media, for all its shortcomings, is still much easier to hold liable for their mistakes than some unknown people hiding behind a laptop.

FB has recently gone under fire in my country for deleting a newspaper's editorial cartoon that they have posted on their FB page. Like Google, FB has become powerful enough to affect our worldview by choosing only what to show us.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:37:20 PM

I slowly quitting facebook now. I only open my account once a week just to look whether a friend contacted me or relatives. I am also tired of seeing tje selfies of other people that they post daily.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:28 PM

Okay, quit Facebook but don't force everybody to quit Facebook like you do, they are using Facebook with their social media campaign and they are earning bitcoins or altcoins because of Facebook. It is up to you if you don't like to see stupid politicians and some dramas in Facebook. Maybe you just read a lot that's why you always read a lot of drama's with Facebook. You can still don't read what you don't like to read about dramas.
The-crypto-witch

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:36:24 PM

I use it only in extreme cases or to discuss something important with someone I have not seen for a while and otherwise I do not even remember Facebook.
mak lessoh

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:19:47 PM

maybe i will not leave facebook because a lot of my friends are using facebook and i am affiliated with them just pass here
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: