Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:45:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit Facebook  (Read 1818 times)
fahad.khan

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:27:55 PM

It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".
I was a really addict facebook user but since I started taking interest in cryptos, I left facebook for good and I usually login once in 2 weeks. That really saved my time and i m happy with it.
noelwenceslao03

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:34:47 PM

Well, the nature of my life is biased on using social media accounts. I especially use facebook in order to remain connected with my friends. I simply just know how to filter everything I am reading in order to avoid hoax and fallacies.

CΛVIΛR       CRYPTO & REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT FUND DIVERSIFICATION & CROWDFUNDING
[ PRE-ICO ▶  Running Now!! ]     [     ICO    ▶  December 12th ]

▐ ██ ███ ████          TWITTER        ●        TELEGRAM        ●        REDDIT          ████ ███ ██ ▌
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:36:29 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 01:07:03 AM by akishang
Merited by automail (4)

I admire your decision to quit facebook and I still recommend that you keep doing that. To be honest, facebook is something that we can live without. I don't know about the others, it seems like they spent more time on facebook than taking care of themselves. I hate to say it, but I know someone who was a victim of facebook addiction. Because of his addiction, he's unable to to do something more important than facebook and just can't stop himself from going online and check stuffs on his facebook account.  I know facebook keep us connected even if we are thousand miles apart but there should be limitations.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:15:52 AM

If you quit Facebook for the sake of your own peace of mind and quiet life it would not be a problem. If you want to do it, for some reason that is okey you can make the most out what you see in your account you can either use it to motivate you to become a better a person that you want to be and also to help others but if it becoming more wearisome to some extend and make you miserable then quit.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:18:14 AM

It has been almost a year already since I decided to stop using facebook. Tell you what, It feels great not seeing all these showbiz personalities, the faces of these stupid politicians, the drama etc...Would you quit facebook?, just try it and I assure you of one thing and that's "Reality".

Well it's still for us to handle and manage out emotions towards the negativity of public posts that we see in facebook. It depends on how we deal with it after all. As we see such things , we can ignore it and focus and positive things. It is still useful to communicate witg our loved ones of for emergency purposes.
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:22:32 AM

Since I can adjust my feed and decide what I want to see and what I don't want to see. I can't quit facebook because I decided to use it to make me happy and not put my emotions in somethings I can't change

neya

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:41:13 AM

I personally enjoy FB.
Thanks to FB I can find my ''old'' friends from school or home city, 20-30 years ago see how they live, their family photos Smiley
Of course I don't like spamming, ads etc.

Same with you i found my old friends and relatives that long time ago we dont have comunication.i cN communicate also my family that lives in other country.but i dont follow or add friends that i dont know personaly i dont follow celebrities also:)

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Baxta

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:02:31 AM

You can adjust your feed to see exactly what you want.

Let me know when there is an alternative to FB for keeping in touch with old contacts...

For old contacts I have ICQ.
Many people already do not know what it is. Also on a par with Facebook, there are many social networks, but facebook allocates a global level - it unites people from many countries, which is its main advantage. The same Google+ and close did not approach Facebook and it is unlikely to do so ever.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

Well, the nature of my life is biased on using social media accounts. I especially use facebook in order to remain connected with my friends. I simply just know how to filter everything I am reading in order to avoid hoax and fallacies.
That's true, there is some ways for us to avoid things that we don't like to see like to avoid hoax and fallacies. Social media is also helpful for those who are in a relationships that is far from each other. Communication is the best thing we can do with social media.
Kuja29

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:23:41 PM

Everything related to internet ties you to Facebook, so its like  almost not posimple to actualy quit  Facebook, that's why is another kind of 'drug'
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:30:52 PM

Everything related to internet ties you to Facebook, so its like  almost not posimple to actualy quit  Facebook, that's why is another kind of 'drug'

Yes it is another kind of drug because it is really addictive.  Some relationships are destroyed by facebook because it is just a click away to some people.  Many links are likewise connected to facebook that is why it is the most used social media site.  I will try to avoid using facebook. 
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:36:38 PM

Facebook is full of dramas, fake news, negative vibes and only give problem that gives headaches to users. If there are only other alternative platform to contact and communicate with my old friends and old classmates,i will not use facebook. Any suggestions? Cheesy

koehlebd

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:37:00 PM

I quit Facebook for a little over a year, and I completely agree with you. Living life with out constantly checking in on all of the fake BS that people were sharing was a bit freeing. But ultimately I came crawling back because I needed it to keep in contact with people to schedule a class reunion. So, ultimately, Facebook always wins.
trinitront

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:37:23 PM

I'm more lucky I never stayed there. Therefore, and you do not need to throw anything)))
BitMasterino

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

Allow me to congratulate you, because you have lost a lot of dependence. Began to have more free time.
hias

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:36:42 PM

You can adjust your feed to see exactly what you want.

Let me know when there is an alternative to FB for keeping in touch with old contacts...

For old contacts I have ICQ.
Many people already do not know what it is. Also on a par with Facebook, there are many social networks, but facebook allocates a global level - it unites people from many countries, which is its main advantage. The same Google+ and close did not approach Facebook and it is unlikely to do so ever.

I am using facebook maybe once a week and thought sometimes about it to close that account. However I am stuck on the problem you are describing above. I have been a bit around the world and do have many contacts which I like to contact from time to time. It was also the reason I started using facebook the first place when people abroad asked me about it since it wasn't so popular in my place.
If there is in near future any good alternative to stay in contact easily I definitely gonna close my facebook account. Any recommendations are welcome...
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:14:20 PM

It's true that sometimes facebook sometimes is not good because it's a way for people to posts different kinds of news, even sharing pictures and videos that are to violent. However, facebook can also be informative. You can actually adjust your facebook setting to filter the things that you want to see. It's also good to avoid using facebook because some people are really addicted on facebook because people wanted to have the feeling of being connected and they think that having a lot of friends on facebook is also the same as having friends in real life.
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:32:19 PM

Your emotion and facebook have not any connections... Sorry, it is your mind)
werpak321

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:24:44 PM

For me i don't quit using facebook honestly I can not live without my wallet my phone with internet connection with this it helps me for lessen my stress
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:15:01 PM

I can't and not gonna quit! Facebook is one of the great platforms that we have now in promoting alternative coins or all of the cryptocurrency, as Facebook has so many users and it is a good source of news for the crypto community too. not all the dramas but facebook keep us updated also every day and even with our friends.Just block people and newsfeed you don't wanna see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: