Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:38:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Small Hint About Future Bitmain Products?  (Read 491 times)
Raymond_B (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:16:43 AM

There's not much substance, but a little blurb about 1:30 in the vid on the next gen controllers.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Bitmain-world-s-leading-Bitcoin-mining-machine-maker-and-mine/ba-p/821718

"Due to the success that Bitmain has had with Xilinx Zynq SoCs in it’s Antminer S9 Bitcoin mining machine, the company is now exploring the use of Xilinx 20nm and 16nm devices (UltraScale and UltraScale+) for future, planned AI platforms and products."

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:34:03 AM

S11? Is it happening?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:29:39 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

There's not much substance, but a little blurb about 1:30 in the vid on the next gen controllers.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Bitmain-world-s-leading-Bitcoin-mining-machine-maker-and-mine/ba-p/821718

"Due to the success that Bitmain has had with Xilinx Zynq SoCs in it’s Antminer S9 Bitcoin mining machine, the company is now exploring the use of Xilinx 20nm and 16nm devices (UltraScale and UltraScale+) for future, planned AI platforms and products."

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, by the Xilinx SoC (System on Chip) is the controller for the S9, not anything related to the SHA-256 hashing chips. They could readily replace the Xylinx with something compatible and still retain the rest of S9 frame and hashing boards.

I don't think this says anything about a possible S11 miner.
Raymond_B (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, by the Xilinx SoC (System on Chip) is the controller for the S9, not anything related to the SHA-256 hashing chips. They could readily replace the Xylinx with something compatible and still retain the rest of S9 frame and hashing boards.

I don't think this says anything about a possible S11 miner.

Absolutely, which is why I simply stated future. It's just nice to glean some (any) sort of news about our favorite vendor Smiley

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:25:05 PM

It is the S9 controller, nothing new here yet...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: