Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:33:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I diversify too much?  (Read 834 times)
Phewphewphew (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:49:43 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.
Pretty fresh to the cryptoscene, started november. What do you think?

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:59:32 AM

Only if you feel that way.  I have 35 coins and I want more. Wink
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:02:13 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them.
Should I consider adding a privacy coin?
Or even more "platform" coins like eth?
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:04:28 AM

this is one of the worst portfolios i have ever seen

why are you in crypto? to lose your money in a crash? you have nothing that can go x50.

i actually make x50 on some of the coins you are holding but i already sell them.

if you want something with potential buy metaverse, spacechain, iostoken, tnt, titanium blockchain, zoin (privacy) .....

those are coins that can go x50 or more...... and those coins will not lose much if there is a crash like the big ones....

you buy really stupid.... you only can lose with your portfolio.... unless you think crypto market can print unlimited money with tether... but even then... you do realize millions of people bought your coins for much cheaper? they have thousands, ten thousands.. and they will all sell before you... and then there is nothing left for you to make earnings
Poink

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:07:33 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them.
You do what you believe will give you the best return.  They can do what they want with their own money.  Diversify and hedge wisely...however you interpret that.  Good luck!
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:27:15 AM

why are you in crypto? to lose your money in a crash? you have nothing that can go x50.

i actually make x50 on some of the coins you are holding but i already sell them.

if you want something with potential buy metaverse, spacechain, iostoken, tnt, titanium blockchain, zoin (privacy) .....

those are coins that can go x50 or more...... and those coins will not lose much if there is a crash like the big ones....

you buy really stupid.... you only can lose with your portfolio.... unless you think crypto market can print unlimited money with tether... but even then... you do realize millions of people bought your coins for much cheaper? they have thousands, ten thousands.. and they will all sell before you... and then there is nothing left for you to make earnings

Ok, I see what you mean. Coinbase lured me in and btc/ltc/eth were all I knew at the moment and seemed solid for me :/
I'm trying to get rid of LTC as soon as it goes a bit higher. Will do some research on the coins you mentioned.
tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:35:20 AM

I don't think being too diversified is a problem. I believe it's smart to be invested in different kinds of currencies. Personally I'm a big believer in privacy coins, so it could be a good idea to research the different privacy coins available and diversify even more.
Poink

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:04:09 AM

You talk tough...calling people stupid.  You must be big kahuna.   You have no right to do that especially since it is his choice and his money.  It is not that bad either.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:15:46 AM

The number of coins in your diversification is just few compared to others that the common is between 15-20 and I even have more than 25 in my portfolio. And by the way, drop iota and tron for you own good.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:18:50 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them. Should I consider adding a privacy coin? Or even more "platform" coins like eth?

Nobody can be really so sure in this cryptocurrency arena. One's advice is as good as the other one. You should stick to your own strategy and adjust it from time to time when needed. I would add that you make a separate funds for buying new ICOs which have more chance of doubling or even quadrupling in value and then release them into the market. This has been working for many and this is partly one reason why the ICO platform will be here for a longer time. Anyway, good luck on your endeavor.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:16:38 AM

i think 10 coins is pretty good, im in 5 and looking to diversify more myself, no matter how good a project may be doesnt mean everyone else thinks that so always spread em out a bit.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:28:11 AM

you should bring down your LTC holdings to 20%

use the 12% for
Storj - cloud storage, huge in the next 5-10 years
ITNS - VPN network on a blockchain - VPN industry is growing 15% a year
XEL - cloud supercomputing (huge in the next 5-10 years)
StreamrDATA - iot data
Byteball(Gbyte) - the Ethereum of DAG tech look at https://www.guidetocrypto.com/investing/byteball-vs-iota-vs-raiblocks-directed-acyclic-graph-dac-coin-comparison/

-

def Sell your TRX

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:47:22 AM

Nothing wrong with that although none of those coins have much room for huge returns, perhaps this is the risk level you prefer.
Tron I feel is just as likely to go down in value vs go up, and if it does go up it won't be a huge multiplier.

What sort of returns are you expecting and do you have a period of time in mind?
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:51:44 AM
Merited by skyflakes88 (4)

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

I depends on how are you gonna handle your coins, for me I only diversify up to 8 coins with different industries because if you have same industry coins chances are if a fud is spread let's say into privacy all coins belonging to that industry will dump so as your whole port folio, you are holding good coins 50% top 10 is a good pf i suggest you increase your btc portion so you can make some cost average when some of your coins dumped but if your have some plans in mind you can stick to it Smiley

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:59:09 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

If it works for you then good. I would suggest you look into powr, qtum, ada and etc. May be some percentage from ltc, eth and xrb can go towards them. Drop ltc to 30, eth to 20 and xrb to 5.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

I've wondered if I've diversified to much sometimes also. I'm up to 15 different coins. Been thinking about selling some of the coinbase coins I bought in the beginning and my XRP. But I just know as soon as a sell one it will at least double in value. But I would like to hit it right and sell those and buy some more coins with low supply that still have a cheap price and good tech behind them. I'm a big believer in holding long term but I've seen so many chances to buy into something better...Can't win them all! Sometimes you just gota be happy with what ya got!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

I usually balance my portfolio to have a coin worth 5% each:-)

it's okay to diversify as long as the coins are legit, dont put much in some shitcoins.

Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:18:56 AM

I don't think you have diversified that much because I am holding about 15 altcoins and all of which are to my own conclusion, these coins will soon rise. I don't really care if the progress is low for as long as there is progression and I did some research on these coins as well so I really feel confident with all of my current holdings. Your portfolio are okay I think, just make sure you reviewed them before putting your money to it.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:25:37 AM

Maybe you forget about Spectrecoin (XSPEC) ? It is privacy coin with innovative tech, very good to invest
Magica

Activity: 55
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:35:37 AM

The number of coins in your diversification is just few compared to others that the common is between 15-20 and I even have more than 25 in my portfolio. And by the way, drop iota and tron for you own good.

I know the problem with tron. But can you tell me why you suggested to drop iota?
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:43:58 AM

We are all different)
You feels that your portfolio is too diverse. Many feels that there is very little coin.
I think that
32% LTC
26% ETH
20% BTC
it's eggs in one basket.

In my portfolio there is no BTC in LTC, but more than 20 alts.
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:20:10 AM

as is observe i believe your portfolio is nice, I mean i believe it's not that much diversification coz those you've selected are really good ones. I mean at the end of the day you'll be the one who will be enjoying it's success or suffers it's down time. All i can say is i think you've put too much on LTC. Not that i'm not a fan of LTC but i think you should distribute it more in order to even your portfolio. Maybe adding on Bitcoin and Tron will be a good move to as per my opinion.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:28:11 AM

Although I have to agree that his portfolio is not that good, but still, you shouldn't judge him like that. Don't forget this is cryptocurrencies we're talking, everything is literally possible here.
Even a coin like XVG which was worth less than 1 satoshi before is now worth more than 789 sats (was 1700+ at peak). We can't really tell whether 'it's good' for investment or it's not. We can't tell at all.

Instead, why don't you give a better suggestion or advice for him instead of judging him?
Thinvestor

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:29:23 AM

I think hodling most of your portfolio in about 3/4 coins is a good way to see 3x/4x quickly, you just need to pick decent projects,

Currently I am hodling

WTC
XRB
PRL
ENG
SHIFT

I will be moving into ETH and XMR as they will pump soon I believe

I recommend these coins, will see nice returns I think. Choice is yours though, its your money at the end of the day.

The simpler it is, the better I like it
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

Nothing wrong with that although none of those coins have much room for huge returns, perhaps this is the risk level you prefer.
Tron I feel is just as likely to go down in value vs go up, and if it does go up it won't be a huge multiplier.

What sort of returns are you expecting and do you have a period of time in mind?

I bought the most coins for holding long term ( min. 1 year ) but as you mentioned above with tron, I try to et rid of them as soon as it hits 0,1 again. Read through many opninions here and I guess I will let go my LTC as soon as its gets also a bit higher. I will try to diversify a bit more in small coins which yield great growth potential. Not quite sure which ones to pick here but at the moment I'm reading into Lamden (TAU) and doing some research. I was also thinking of putting even more in XRB, I really believe in raiblocks (nano soon) and feel comfortable with the idea of holdig more of it.
CalRon

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:21:34 AM

I think theres no problem with the core of your holding in LTC.  I have about 35% of my holdings in Litecoin.  Litecoin has LitePay being released around the corner in February, they are a mature tech that is working on atomic swaps with BTC this year.  There are very few coins that are part of the lightening network and capable of doing atomic swaps.  That will be another huge milestone for cryptocurrency.  LTC is also less volatile then majority coins out there.  It can be a very boring coin to watch day to day, but it is a consistent performer over the long run.  Its also one very undervalued at the moment and due for another run sometime soon.
Poink

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:31:30 AM

I bought the most coins for holding long term ( min. 1 year ) but as you mentioned above with tron, I try to et rid of them as soon as it hits 0,1 again. Read through many opninions here and I guess I will let go my LTC as soon as its gets also a bit higher. I will try to diversify a bit more in small coins which yield great growth potential. Not quite sure which ones to pick here but at the moment I'm reading into Lamden (TAU) and doing some research. I was also thinking of putting even more in XRB, I really believe in raiblocks (nano soon) and feel comfortable with the idea of holdig more of it.

Like CalRon said, LTC is a good coin to hold.  Not massive gains but very stable.

Increase your VEN holding, get some ICX & ELF, discard TRON.

Waiting for TRON to recover may be bad...because it may never and the coin you are buying to replace it with may spike up.  At least now you are selling it at a discount but you are also buying another coin at a discount.
Tristan1337

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:45:25 AM

I think the more you diversify the better. If you have enough time to watch your holdings, there is no real reason not to diversify more.

Every coin you hold is another chance to make money. Obviously the more chances the better. So nothing wrong with that.  Wink
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:16:40 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 08:36:08 PM by CrazyJoker

I think the more you diversify the better. If you have enough time to watch your holdings, there is no real reason not to diversify more.

Every coin you hold is another chance to make money. Obviously the more chances the better. So nothing wrong with that.  Wink
I absolutely agree with you. Also I think author is right that focused too much on big ones. For more profit it’s better to invest in crypto with small capitalization. It’s more risky but you already have necessary base
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:58:39 PM

I think hodling most of your portfolio in about 3/4 coins is a good way to see 3x/4x quickly, you just need to pick decent projects,

Currently I am hodling

WTC
XRB
PRL
ENG
SHIFT

I will be moving into ETH and XMR as they will pump soon I believe

I recommend these coins, will see nice returns I think. Choice is yours though, its your money at the end of the day.
Among altcoins, Ethereum, Monero, ripple, Litecoin, waves and neo stay at the top of the list. I think one must include if not all then some of these in his investment options. These are the ones that can be trusted blindly besides bitcoin and your belief is a correct one. ETH and XMR will be soaring up soon. You can count on XPR too. I suggest investing in them as soon as possible.
Rodimill8

Activity: 238

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:23:21 PM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

i liked your portfolio. Perhaps, i would recommend you to buy more IOTA and VEN. And some sell LTC and ETH.  Also i added some Neo. But in general it`s good portfolio of reliable coins
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:25:14 PM

It depends, are you a professional? Do you analyze the market every day, and do daily research on the coins? If you are, then your good and if you dont then you might be screwed. You should only invest in coins you keep up with, unless you are okay with the gambling.

Positivebetting
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:47:54 PM

I myself have over 100 coins, I know it is a pain to track them all and to see which are doing well at the moment.

Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:03:24 AM

It depends, are you a professional? Do you analyze the market every day, and do daily research on the coins? If you are, then your good and if you dont then you might be screwed. You should only invest in coins you keep up with, unless you are okay with the gambling.

I pretty much try to stay updated on every coin I hold, mostly via reddit/telegram/discord but, its hard to filter the fomo/fud spreading people out and get the real news on every coin each day. I'm not a fulltime crypto guy, sadly still on my average 9-5 job but I spend way more time researching than I would have ever guessed Smiley so I'm not a professional but I'm interested and putting time in research/learning
Tanhdoit

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Diversification is perfectly fine. People who go all in on a coin are either looking for a quick gain or just recklessly investing and can lose it all. Your picks are good and looks like you have a good spread on your investment. Making money over the long run is way better.
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:46:03 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Well I think you are doing good. Good mix but again it all depends on what you want. If you want to value crypto you should stay with BTC, LTC, ETH and if you want returns probably find some emerging coins like BNB XRB, etc. What I do is, I put 25% on BTC+ETH+DASH, 50% in MidCap like XRB VEN EOS etc. and rest 25% in lower 100's. I think if you get good coin in lower 100, you have good change of making serious money.

Thought about a similiar split. I guess I will get rid of BTC or LTC, because as earlier mentioned, they are pretty much gaining the same value/losses, and definitley cutting some % there to get around 30% in the big ones together. I'm really bullish on EOS and XRB, think I will dumb it in these two and maybe in a Monero to get around 40-50% in this "mid class" coins. The rest is going for the small obe like you mentioned. When they rise I will take my profits there and put it in bew snall coins or just add more in the Top/mid coins with the profits.

Hope this will work out somehow Smiley pretty excited about this year Smiley
octomon

Activity: 26
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:08:32 AM

Check BCO, crypto bridge, it has lots of potential and is pretty cheap right now

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptobridge/
hivemindtoday

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:53:31 AM

Can someone who is not in noob status suggest top 10, 20 coins worth researching?
SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:08:56 AM

in my opinion your portfolio it's ok, u did not diversified too much, i would probabily sell the litecoins, they have an high % in your portfolio but in my opinion they will not grow much more than 300-400$, eth is more promising for future growth in my opinion

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
legendbtc

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:37:09 AM

Yes, you did the right job because diversification is always right thing we can't keep all our eggs in single plate. I learned many thing in my previous mistake not to keep all my investment in single plate.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:21:05 AM

Not sure, you did it somewhat normal. 10 coins to hold is fine by me. Coins you chose look okayish as well. Litecoin is quite fine to hold in greater portion. Link is nice risky one. Consider salt, please.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
thatkid

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:41:24 AM

If I were you, I will diversify a bit more. Maybe some XLM, Zcash, Monero and some lesser know token like OST. It is all depends on your risk appetite and volume.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:44:14 AM

Its okay if you still can manage it. Although keep your assets less and make your investment bigger is a better way. Just find good strong altcoins that have a good roadmap and technologies, then focus on it. Sometimes if the diversifying too big, usually it could be hard to manage.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:09:29 PM

I also have 35 coins and plus 3  ico soon to be added. A bit too much, but I can not resist when I see a promising coin  Smiley  It will be necessary to sell the part after a good growth

Kanvashardas

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

Personally I would take more Ethereum. Maybe less Litecoin.
And after Bitcoins hits another rise, take a smaller part and buy some low value altcoins.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:43:31 PM

I'm not that yet good on investment and portfolio but I know diversification is something a rule of thumb with regards to investing specially for the high risk investment. I think you did a very good job on that part. Good luck mate.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

Diversify on holding coins is good there is nothing wrong on choosing and invested in too many coins. Because you are also be the one who holds and can manage your porfolio. Just choose those only goods and those has a monetary value.
tdot

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

Have a look at portfolio theory...diversification helps reduce alot of the idiosyncratic risk / company risk. You then have exposure to market risk i.e. overall crypto market.

You get the most bang for your buck at around 10-15 different holdings, anymore you won't get as much benefit from diversification.

That said, idiosyncratic risk also gives you more potential to get some huge multiple returns...
sleblanc1469

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

I think you must reduce the proportion of main coins in the portfolio. Look at the newest and smallest coins - they have the greatest ability to grow. If those coins can solve a real market problem, they can produce the biggest returns.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:04:02 PM

I don't think there is a thing as diversifying too much but you can diversifying too thin if those are the same things. Anyways I would argue that you could diversify more with more coins and have a smaller range from top to bottom, other than that I don't mind your selections. Make the range tighter though, that should help your results some.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

I think your portfolio is quite normal and I don't think it is too diversified. But your Litecoin percentage is a bit high, you can have 10%- 15% Litecoin and increase Ethereum percentage 35%- 40 percent.

Poink

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:17:15 PM

I don't think there is a thing as diversifying too much but you can diversifying too thin if those are the same things. Anyways I would argue that you could diversify more with more coins and have a smaller range from top to bottom, other than that I don't mind your selections. Make the range tighter though, that should help your results some.

I love that...I am stealing it (hope you don't mind) Cheesy .  

Many seem to think that everyone have the same amount of investment.  IMHO, having 10 coins with $1,000 investment is too thin...but with $20,000, it is fine.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:48:06 PM

This is bullshit, pretty much every coin follows btc. Except if some coin is pumped or has some major update. You can make sure of this by going on coinmarketcap and see what happens now, when btc is dropping.
marilyngroom

Activity: 344

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:58:57 PM

Today I've been thinking about people who invested their whole life savings into Bitconnect. Hundreds of thousands of dollars some people losts, because they did not diversify.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:21:11 PM

This is bullshit, pretty much every coin follows btc. Except if some coin is pumped or has some major update. You can make sure of this by going on coinmarketcap and see what happens now, when btc is dropping.

Well this can be true about a couple of years ago. But time has changed buddy. Not every coin now follow the pattern of bitcoin. Heck, in December alone, all coins are enjoying their best year so far. So that's mindset no longer applies to the current state of the market today.

My only comment on his portfolio though is put more money on bitcoin. You mentioned privacy coins, Did investing on Monero cross your mind? Another good coins for me to put some investment on it. And yes, ETH is one coin that I would love to invest as well. Just saying.
Marvell1
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:59:40 PM

I think that this investment portfolio has already given you an excellent profit. It's a good time to buy new coins because the whole market has fallen. After such falls you can make a pretty fast profit.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:17:33 PM

diversity means less risks but drop some of these coins and add coins with relatively low marketcap to gain more profits

nunzio2012

Activity: 493

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

No, I think you are having way too more than necessary in LTC. This is the first portfolio in a months where LTC is the leading coin.
You could easily split it between few more alts for higher profit expectation.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
weav

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:25:18 AM

It will depend on the way you want to invest , i would never hold less then 10% of my portfolio in a coin . Because i think you won't get enough gains even if it moons. If you like that many project i think it is time to pick the best out of them and take a bigger position in it. But if you like to hold small amounts of really high risk coins it can be worth it i guess.

Poink

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:13:03 AM

It will depend on the way you want to invest , i would never hold less then 10% of my portfolio in a coin . Because i think you won't get enough gains even if it moons. If you like that many project i think it is time to pick the best out of them and take a bigger position in it. But if you like to hold small amounts of really high risk coins it can be worth it i guess.

Even if you have more than $100,000 invested???
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:31:35 AM

really?35 coins on your portfolio?awesome can you share how much you put in each of everyone so we can find more detailed basis for investment,coz i only have 6 on mine and so far don't find putting another again..but i dont know what will happen for the future as the market now is flowing with blood..

Regarding to OPs concern,i guess thats fine,though you put alot in litecoin for me better to lessen the coin and add in bitcoin maybe.
Poink

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:24:37 AM

really?35 coins on your portfolio?awesome can you share how much you put in each of everyone so we can find more detailed basis for investment,coz i only have 6 on mine and so far don't find putting another again..but i dont know what will happen for the future as the market now is flowing with blood..

Regarding to OPs concern,i guess thats fine,though you put alot in litecoin for me better to lessen the coin and add in bitcoin maybe.
I did not start with that many coins.  Normally, I try to put about $500 on each coin.  Several times that if I really like it.  Once it multiplied to 3-5x, I "harvest" half which is my initial investment plus some income.  I mostly leave the coin alone at that point unless I lost faith on it then it will be cashed out/sold completely.  There are a few coins I really like, those are not sold until they reach the projected goal.

Whatever I take out is re-invested buying another coin.  By doing this repeatedly, you accumulate coins over time. 

No one knows the future, but if you invested on coins you thoroughly researched, it lessens the worry.  This month, I lost 60% of my portfolio value at one point (only 40% value left).  I was sad but not scared.  Today, I am still just 60% of my ATH but I know better days are coming and I will be seeing new ATH soon.

Positive outlook always helps. Wink
nascrypto

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:05 AM

It's so many coins and the hype is on for many projects. Very difficult to decide and build a portfolio that's really lasts for a very long time.
kyle0671

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:51:05 AM

I'd say 10-15 coins is average for most of the people that I've had this discussion with. More than that becomes quite a task to keep up with on all news mediums.  Just make sure that each coin has quality team and underlying tech, then you shouldn't sweat the investments. 
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:52:24 AM

For me diversification works but depends on your risks appetite, and most importantly your CAPITAL, it's okay if you just testing water, but if you are serious and would just look for decent profit before cryptocurrency matures, it's good to reduce your diversification that much when your capital is less, a 100% on a coins you bought for just 200$ doesn't make much difference but you just miss a good opportunity to make money for it.

But as we know cryptocurrency are risky and your BEST entry you thought might go down 20% easily on crash, i believe the super-duper diversified portfolio you would suffered similarly.

ahoenk

Activity: 1232
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:08:35 AM

No..that is good diversify bro. Almost of your coin is coin which has futures and real used case especially litecoin and ethereum.litecoin still at under price now in my calculation and for ethereum it still have space for growing as we know that ethereum has many project on top of its blockchain and after casper launch its probably will goes up and break all time high againts bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:48:39 AM

No you seem completely fine i also have a similar type of the percentage isnt the same but overall i would suggest yiu to hold on to this , link should be bought more i can assure you something big is soon going to happen to its price , i cant reveal much but link is going to make a big difference
nunzio2012

Activity: 493

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:19:37 PM

It's even more important if you have invested more than 100K!

Example - ARY (Block Array) is now listed on Kucoin and this is the first coin UNDER the ICO price there. What will happen if you follow the mass trend and goes all in there or with 50%?!

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:41:30 PM

it has a good balance, you can even diversificate more, betting really small amount on small gems that could expode or go to 0
Poink

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:56:09 PM

It's even more important if you have invested more than 100K!

Example - ARY (Block Array) is now listed on Kucoin and this is the first coin UNDER the ICO price there. What will happen if you follow the mass trend and goes all in there or with 50%?!
LOL   You said no less than 10%...that means equal or more than 10%.  50% & 100% is in that group.  So using that ARY example, you are saying you are wrong then?
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:43:31 PM

I have 35 coins and I want more. Wink

I agree. Buying altcoins in exchangers is really addictive that makes me think I wish I have plenty of money to buy some more but then reality will hit you after a few seconds that you don't have buying power anymore  Grin

As for OP, I think you didn't diversify too much but I think you need to buy more ETH if you don't like adding more BTC on your portfolio.
Poink

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

I have 35 coins and I want more. Wink

I agree. Buying altcoins in exchangers is really addictive that makes me think I wish I have plenty of money to buy some more but then reality will hit you after a few seconds that you don't have buying power anymore  Grin

As for OP, I think you didn't diversify too much but I think you need to buy more ETH if you don't like adding more BTC on your portfolio.

so true...
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:45:49 AM

To diversify is a good idea, but to every decision, you are going to make it should be based on critical analysis personally about how the cryptocurrency you choose to invest on. the undeniable fact of cryptocurrency is "volatility" which is yet to take care of fully by the presently existing coins. but when you choose to put your eggs in a different basket and watch the flows as it goes, it is more preferable.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:23:08 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

It's not diversity that's the need to make a profit. And I'll tell you not so and you have a lot of alts, you just need to choose those who will definitely give growth in the future. Tell me why you need Eltkoin for the masses, but this is your vision of the market.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:08:17 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Actually, it's good. Good to diversify your money in different kinds of a token. Maybe try to buy more since the market is down. It is good to buy more potential alternative coins.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:32:42 PM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Yes I think you are too diversified. As a noob you should only hold like 3-4 coins. That being said hold only eth, btc, ltc and xrb. You can sell the rest and buy more eth.

mpeis007

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:19:02 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Your portfolio is fairly conservative actuallly, nothing like too diversified or risky here. LTC is a lot as a total but you may want to hold on to it until it attempts a breakthrough in the 250-350$ range. Iota & TRX momentum is gone for the moment and they need to prove a lot. EOS has a lot to prove as its extremely hyped(and dont forget its 10times the circulating supply of other platform tokens like NEO and ETH), XRB you should definitely want to get some more as it can only go up from now on ( rebranded 2days ago, listed on a big exchange -Binance - finally) and its tech is excellent.
For stuff to replace there look into lending platforms ( crypto to crypto with working product -> ETHLend ) + (Crypto to fiat -> SALT at extremely deflated prices today ~5$ its a steal), then some wild cards like INS+ADST (both fresh off their ICOS and 50% off due to market decline), PRL + Elix+APPC with ambitious products and also at 1/4ths of ATHs and last but not least platform coins/tokens like COSS/COB/BNB/KCS.
Good luck and happy hunting!
mrsamuelmills83

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:21:36 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Yiu have a nice portfolio, but you should add Zilliqa, Monero, and Cardano to your list. I like to diversify and have about twenty different coins but not the same value of all
kulakvlad

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:55:28 AM

The current situation shows that it is necessary to diversify. A good portfolio, just have a chance to see how it is sustainable right now.

slaman29
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1212

Livecasino, 20% cashback, no fuss payouts.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:05:28 AM

Actually, it looks pretty solid to me. A good mix of established pure cryptocurrency like Litecoin and Bitcoin, a few anonymous coins, a DAG coin, a platform type supporting other projects. The only one I didn't recognize was Eltcoin.

As long as you only buy coins with ideas/projects that you yourself believe in, then it's never too much diversification. It is if you simply bought on FOMO or on the news you just saw from McAfee's Twitter.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:06:11 PM

Actually, it looks pretty solid to me. A good mix of established pure cryptocurrency like Litecoin and Bitcoin, a few anonymous coins, a DAG coin, a platform type supporting other projects. The only one I didn't recognize was Eltcoin.

buying a horse, a cow, a sheep, a chicken does not make you a worldclass farmer
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Why LTC have such big portion in your portfolio. Are you conservative investor? LTC is in TOP 10 ofc but there are a lot of more interesting coins with high potential / possible high income.

I have >50 coins/tokens in my portfolio. It is choose of every person.
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:50:45 PM

I think it was a very messy proportion, you have to adjust the investment amounts somewhat and The projects you choose are beautiful

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
nata1602

Activity: 190

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:50:57 PM

Not too much. In that way you are more insured against dips. I wish you success!
blant

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:59:39 PM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Good enough. Especially that your main part in top coins. Wish good luck!
paolma

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

If you have 1000 usd, you should keep 30% in bitcoin and another 30-40% in top 10 coins. 30-40% in ICO-s or other cryptos you like.
sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:30:57 PM

I feel like you are doing just fine in terms of diversifying, whilst I personally not put as much into LTC, but it looks like it will get used in everyday life so it is questionable.
mustafayasinsenturk

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

a large part of your portfolio is made up of quality altcoins, especially litecoin and ethereum will be much more valuable in the future
Bybox

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:09:38 PM

I think it is not very smart to diversify your portfolio too much like more than 20 altcoins because you can't manage all of them if something wrong happen since the crypto space is not very stable. Diversify your portfolio will also increase the risks.
duyduc256

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:36:39 PM

I think it is not very smart to diversify your portfolio too much like more than 20 altcoins because you can't manage all of them if something wrong happen since the crypto space is not very stable. Diversify your portfolio will also increase the risks.
I think you should not hold too many altcoins. That will not make you concentrate. With 20 altcoins, you have to test them every minute and that will put you down. I know you are an ambitious person but you really need a plan to invest.
Do not invest in too many altcoins, you will not be able to control them all and that means you will lose capital.
L1looker

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:41:34 PM

I don't think it is too diversified. It's normal to have moree then 20-30 coins in portfolio.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: