Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I diversify too much?  (Read 837 times)
Phewphewphew (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:49:43 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.
Pretty fresh to the cryptoscene, started november. What do you think?

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:59:32 AM

Only if you feel that way.  I have 35 coins and I want more. Wink
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:02:13 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them.
Should I consider adding a privacy coin?
Or even more "platform" coins like eth?
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:04:28 AM

this is one of the worst portfolios i have ever seen

why are you in crypto? to lose your money in a crash? you have nothing that can go x50.

i actually make x50 on some of the coins you are holding but i already sell them.

if you want something with potential buy metaverse, spacechain, iostoken, tnt, titanium blockchain, zoin (privacy) .....

those are coins that can go x50 or more...... and those coins will not lose much if there is a crash like the big ones....

you buy really stupid.... you only can lose with your portfolio.... unless you think crypto market can print unlimited money with tether... but even then... you do realize millions of people bought your coins for much cheaper? they have thousands, ten thousands.. and they will all sell before you... and then there is nothing left for you to make earnings
Poink

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:07:33 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them.
Should I consider adding a privacy coin?
Or even more "platform" coins like eth?
You do what you believe will give you the best return.  They can do what they want with their own money.  Diversify and hedge wisely...however you interpret that.  Good luck!
Phewphewphew (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:27:15 AM

why are you in crypto? to lose your money in a crash? you have nothing that can go x50.

i actually make x50 on some of the coins you are holding but i already sell them.

if you want something with potential buy metaverse, spacechain, iostoken, tnt, titanium blockchain, zoin (privacy) .....

those are coins that can go x50 or more...... and those coins will not lose much if there is a crash like the big ones....

you buy really stupid.... you only can lose with your portfolio.... unless you think crypto market can print unlimited money with tether... but even then... you do realize millions of people bought your coins for much cheaper? they have thousands, ten thousands.. and they will all sell before you... and then there is nothing left for you to make earnings

Ok, I see what you mean. Coinbase lured me in and btc/ltc/eth were all I knew at the moment and seemed solid for me :/
I'm trying to get rid of LTC as soon as it goes a bit higher. Will do some research on the coins you mentioned.
tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:35:20 AM

I don't think being too diversified is a problem. I believe it's smart to be invested in different kinds of currencies. Personally I'm a big believer in privacy coins, so it could be a good idea to research the different privacy coins available and diversify even more.
Poink

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:04:09 AM

You talk tough...calling people stupid.  You must be big kahuna.   You have no right to do that especially since it is his choice and his money.  It is not that bad either.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:15:46 AM

The number of coins in your diversification is just few compared to others that the common is between 15-20 and I even have more than 25 in my portfolio. And by the way, drop iota and tron for you own good.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:18:50 AM

For example, someone told me it's nonsense to hold btc and ltc, because ltc follows btc pumps/dips and I should only hold 1 of them. Should I consider adding a privacy coin? Or even more "platform" coins like eth?

Nobody can be really so sure in this cryptocurrency arena. One's advice is as good as the other one. You should stick to your own strategy and adjust it from time to time when needed. I would add that you make a separate funds for buying new ICOs which have more chance of doubling or even quadrupling in value and then release them into the market. This has been working for many and this is partly one reason why the ICO platform will be here for a longer time. Anyway, good luck on your endeavor.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:16:38 AM

i think 10 coins is pretty good, im in 5 and looking to diversify more myself, no matter how good a project may be doesnt mean everyone else thinks that so always spread em out a bit.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:28:11 AM

you should bring down your LTC holdings to 20%

use the 12% for
Storj - cloud storage, huge in the next 5-10 years
ITNS - VPN network on a blockchain - VPN industry is growing 15% a year
XEL - cloud supercomputing (huge in the next 5-10 years)
StreamrDATA - iot data
Byteball(Gbyte) - the Ethereum of DAG tech look at https://www.guidetocrypto.com/investing/byteball-vs-iota-vs-raiblocks-directed-acyclic-graph-dac-coin-comparison/

-

def Sell your TRX

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:47:22 AM

Nothing wrong with that although none of those coins have much room for huge returns, perhaps this is the risk level you prefer.
Tron I feel is just as likely to go down in value vs go up, and if it does go up it won't be a huge multiplier.

What sort of returns are you expecting and do you have a period of time in mind?
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:51:44 AM
Merited by skyflakes88 (4)

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling my portfolio is too diversified and I've put too much in the big ones.

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

I depends on how are you gonna handle your coins, for me I only diversify up to 8 coins with different industries because if you have same industry coins chances are if a fud is spread let's say into privacy all coins belonging to that industry will dump so as your whole port folio, you are holding good coins 50% top 10 is a good pf i suggest you increase your btc portion so you can make some cost average when some of your coins dumped but if your have some plans in mind you can stick to it Smiley

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:59:09 AM

Hey everyone,

32% Ltc
26% Eth
20% Btc
8% Xrb
5% Eos
5% Trx
2% Ven
1% Iota
1% Eltcoin
<1% Link

If it works for you then good. I would suggest you look into powr, qtum, ada and etc. May be some percentage from ltc, eth and xrb can go towards them. Drop ltc to 30, eth to 20 and xrb to 5.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:00:22 AM

I've wondered if I've diversified to much sometimes also. I'm up to 15 different coins. Been thinking about selling some of the coinbase coins I bought in the beginning and my XRP. But I just know as soon as a sell one it will at least double in value. But I would like to hit it right and sell those and buy some more coins with low supply that still have a cheap price and good tech behind them. I'm a big believer in holding long term but I've seen so many chances to buy into something better...Can't win them all! Sometimes you just gota be happy with what ya got!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:16:36 AM

I usually balance my portfolio to have a coin worth 5% each:-)

it's okay to diversify as long as the coins are legit, dont put much in some shitcoins.

Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:18:56 AM

I don't think you have diversified that much because I am holding about 15 altcoins and all of which are to my own conclusion, these coins will soon rise. I don't really care if the progress is low for as long as there is progression and I did some research on these coins as well so I really feel confident with all of my current holdings. Your portfolio are okay I think, just make sure you reviewed them before putting your money to it.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:25:37 AM

Maybe you forget about Spectrecoin (XSPEC) ? It is privacy coin with innovative tech, very good to invest
Magica

Activity: 55
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:35:37 AM

The number of coins in your diversification is just few compared to others that the common is between 15-20 and I even have more than 25 in my portfolio. And by the way, drop iota and tron for you own good.

I know the problem with tron. But can you tell me why you suggested to drop iota?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: