Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying the rumor. Upcoming news thread!  (Read 564 times)
allmeat27 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

I've had some great luck in this sideways market playing solely off rumors and news releases. With everything standing still, it's basically hype alone that makes a coin go up. Made 15% on Strat, 25% on XRB today ,and 40% on DNA last night solely due to the rumor mill. Wanted to start a thread to not only shill everything I currently own, but also pick up new rumors I may want to get into.

DNA: Already had the news of Kucoin release (I sold at peak, but bought more a few hours ago), but should keep going up due to rumors of product release and 2 new major partners coming Monday.

DRGN: Incubator release today and rumors of more coming on Monday.

AION: At the ICX Summit coming Jan 31st.  Also rumors of major announcement prior to it.

COSS: New engine Feb 1st. Great dev update today.

DBC: At San Francisco conference tonight. Rumors of an update on Monday (CMO is currently in South Korea)

LUX: Rumors of new wallet release coming tomorrow (this coin is awesome, but the wallets have been absolute garbage, so this is bigger news than it sounds like)

XBY: Another stress test tomorrow, this time using some of their actual patented tech. If it goes well, this will skyrocket (see XRB)

Would love to hear about any other upcoming milestones for coins. I know ENG is at NEO con next week and I expect it to go up, but I think I'm going to try sniping that Monday. Not expecting any action this weekend.
Skunker

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:50:03 AM

lunyr- application lounch next week
prl- 31.1 test net a
allmeat27 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:43:51 PM

I completely disagree that it's a long term market. Every coin moons based off news and rumors right now. I'm not going to let my money sit idle for a month when I could be making money on that money.

That being said, trying to keep this thread news based. You can shill coins, but shill your coins announcements, not what they are (I totally do agree on the ELIX pick though for what it's worth)
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:57:18 PM

Kyber Network are releasing their main-net in early February (date yet to be enclosed), market is starting to show signs of a break out after really finding its bottom around $3.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:14:50 PM

I do believe in the adage of buying the rumour and sell the news, but this only works when the team deliver on the much anticipated updates, I have seen so many developers disappoint in this regards, recent example is Wagerr Master node which was suppose to launch on January 15 but the team greatly disappointed token holders
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

This thread may be beneficial for most ones but I left buying rumors then selling them, I bought once and after that bitcoin crashed...
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:06:06 PM

Please not forget that Spectrecoin (XSPEC) will be have big update in february
allmeat27 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:13:12 AM

Today's update:

I had a great response from this yesterday and a lot of people asked me to do this again, so I think I'm going to do it daily update style.

Huge disclaimer: I own the majority of the coins I listed here. If there's news for a coin I didn't list here, you're welcome to put it in the comments. I likely didn't list it because I'm either a. Keeping it a secret until I buy in, b. I'm not interested in it, or c. I didn't know about it. I am 100% using this as a platform to shill what I own and also hoping to pick up new coins I may have missed.

Second disclaimer: This thread is solely for news/rumors. Please do not post "X is a coin that does so and so, it's super undervalued, great team, here's a meme". Minor speculation on the news is fine.

DNA: Took a nasty hit this morning, but there are still major partner announcements and possible product on Monday. I used this dip to accumulate a bit more.
COSS: New engine early February (possibly Feb 1st). Great dev update yesterday. Possibly my favorite coin right now.
HST: CEO tweeted a "MAJOR" exchange coming "very soon." Possibly Binance. Recent news of partner ship with WWF (the pandas!). Tied for second favorite coin right now.
QLC: Rumors of partnership with T-Mobile close to done. New MVP version also released today.
LUX: No new wallet today per the rumor, but possibly soon. Did not have a good day today due to no release, but as soon as the team comes out with news, I expect it to do well. Buying the dip.
XBY: Stress test going on right now. There are a TON of people holding their breath for this one as this coin can either flop insanely hard or skyrocket. I'm betting on skyrocketing, team has been super communicative and active. Tied for second favorite coin right now because I'm greedy.
HPB: Stanford conference on the 31st. This one is a super moonshot, but has a boatload of potential. Riskiest pick on here for sure.
LEND: New Alpha release coming "very soon". Also ENG announced as collateral for LEND tokens. ENG mooning today, LEND should follow.
ELIX: Rumors of mobile app alpha test coming soon. I know a ton of people who are long-term HODLing this, myself included. I wouldn't hate the devs confirming these rumors for some short term gains.
ENG: Neo Conference on the 31st. Slightly mooned today so possibly a reaction to that news. I expect a dip the next couple days followed by something big.

Look forward to hearing about any news you have on coins you follow!
allmeat27 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:33:33 PM

Today's update:

Huge disclaimer: I own the majority of the coins I listed here. If there's news for a coin I didn't list here, you're welcome to put it in the comments. I likely didn't list it because I'm either a. Keeping it a secret until I buy in, b. I'm not interested in it, or c. I didn't know about it. I am 100% using this as a platform to shill what I own and also hoping to pick up new coins I may have missed.

Second disclaimer: This thread is solely for news/rumors. Please do not post "X is a coin that does so and so, it's super undervalued, great team, here's a meme". Minor speculation on the news is fine.

ETH climbed so much yesterday that nothing made too much profit. I expect the same tonight, but Alts should start climbing tomorrow morning as news starts getting closer and closer.

* DNA: Genomics conference tomorrow. Also announced that someone uploaded their DNA to their chain so an actual working product. Expecting this to hit insanely hard tomorrow
* COSS: Apparently I was wrong about engine update in February and it's actually in March. I think that takes away SOME moon potential in the short-term, but this is still a long term HODL. I still wouldn't be surprised if Rune releases info sometime this week.
* HST: CEO tweeted a "MAJOR" exchange coming "very soon." Possibly Binance. Recent news of partner ship with WWF (the pandas!)
* XBY: Stress test went well yesterday, but nothing to write home about. I  expect a proper news release Monday or Tuesday. Still super risky, but has the most moon potential of any coin.

And the two most low-risk (but still great reward) picks for upcoming news in the next couple days:

* OMG: AMA coming on the 31st. CEO has a history of announcing things end of month as well. This coin is super dipped right now (Even hit below bollinger). I am so insanely bullish on this coin which is why there's less coins listed here than usual (I've moved most to OMG).
* AMB: Rumors of NDAs being lifted on the 31st which could mean some major partner announcements which according to other rumors, includes some multi-billion dollar companies.

Going to start including a section for coins with fairly well-known news coming, but I don't own for one reason or another (I either feel it's already priced in or other coins have higher potential). Still though, these coins are all great picks:

* ENG: NEO con
* DBC: NEO con
* AION: At the ICX summit on the 31st. Should get a bigger bump than ICX does.
* PRL: Testnet on the 31st

okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

I've had some great luck in this sideways market playing solely off rumors and news releases. With everything standing still, it's basically hype alone that makes a coin go up. Made 15% on Strat, 25% on XRB today ,and 40% on DNA last night solely due to the rumor mill. Wanted to start a thread to not only shill everything I currently own, but also pick up new rumors I may want to get into.

DNA: Already had the news of Kucoin release (I sold at peak, but bought more a few hours ago), but should keep going up due to rumors of product release and 2 new major partners coming Monday.

AION: At the ICX Summit coming Jan 31st.  Also rumors of major announcement prior to it.

DBC: At San Francisco conference tonight. Rumors of an update on Monday (CMO is currently in South Korea)

LUX: Rumors of new wallet release coming tomorrow (this coin is awesome, but the wallets have been absolute garbage, so this is bigger news than it sounds like)

XBY: Another stress test tomorrow, this time using some of their actual patented tech. If it goes well, this will skyrocket (see XRB)

Would love to hear about any other upcoming milestones for coins. I know ENG is at NEO con next week and I expect it to go up, but I think I'm going to try sniping that Monday. Not expecting any action this weekend.

i only take drgn rom upside.

all others are shit coins. please be aware about them.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:54:09 PM

Today's update:

ETH climbed so much yesterday that nothing made too much profit. I expect the same tonight, but Alts should start climbing tomorrow morning as news starts getting closer and closer.

* DNA: Genomics conference tomorrow. Also announced that someone uploaded their DNA to their chain so an actual working product. Expecting this to hit insanely hard tomorrow
* COSS: Apparently I was wrong about engine update in February and it's actually in March. I think that takes away SOME moon potential in the short-term, but this is still a long term HODL. I still wouldn't be surprised if Rune releases info sometime this week.
* HST: CEO tweeted a "MAJOR" exchange coming "very soon." Possibly Binance. Recent news of partner ship with WWF (the pandas!)
* XBY: Stress test went well yesterday, but nothing to write home about. I  expect a proper news release Monday or Tuesday. Still super risky, but has the most moon potential of any coin.

And the two most low-risk (but still great reward) picks for upcoming news in the next couple days:

* OMG: AMA coming on the 31st. CEO has a history of announcing things end of month as well. This coin is super dipped right now (Even hit below bollinger). I am so insanely bullish on this coin which is why there's less coins listed here than usual (I've moved most to OMG).
* AMB: Rumors of NDAs being lifted on the 31st which could mean some major partner announcements which according to other rumors, includes some multi-billion dollar companies.

Going to start including a section for coins with fairly well-known news coming, but I don't own for one reason or another (I either feel it's already priced in or other coins have higher potential). Still though, these coins are all great picks:

* ENG: NEO con
* DBC: NEO con
* AION: At the ICX summit on the 31st. Should get a bigger bump than ICX does.
* PRL: Testnet on the 31st

If that's the news then i will buy one of your favorite coins. i believe on there project just keep in touch bro and update us. I love XBY by the way and OMG too..
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:58:41 PM

very interesting useful thread THANKYOU! tho i prefer x25 over 25%.

rumour is spacecoin is next raiblocks. zero fees like raiblocks and privacy but still extremely cheap, easy x100 when promoted by mcafee and others soon, thank me later.

also keep holding some WTC. its probably the best coin in the top100 and will go top10 as its one of the few coins thats not just hot air as ETH.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:50:21 PM

I feel your information about the altcoin is very accurate and timely, it has helped me to raise my 10% in the last few days and it is a huge profit. I thank you for your sharing, if you can, I hope you can create a group of telegrams to share information about your next coin. I will follow and support you.
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:01:47 PM

Nice thread.  Here's one:

DOV: supposedly waiting on BMW to announce partnership in Feb
huguinhuh11

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:28:38 PM

will coinbase add TRX?  Shocked
JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

I already have all coins but XBY in my portfolio.
But I more interested in your management over rumors and will follow the prices closely.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Dullmartini

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:47:15 AM

Icx will apparently announce 12 icos on it’s platform on January 31. Not sure it’s true, heard it on twitter, but this is a rumor thread right!

lisk rebranding supposedly on feb 20

Zcl/btcp fork date is February 28
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:57:56 AM

I believe in COSS, dev team very honest and almost they keep following its roadmap.
Sadly the engine now really lag and "shit".
BTW, they're the legit one of Singapore Fintech so they have good support here.
Also in March 1st they will start accept FIAT trading. This will be game changer!

allmeat27 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:16:28 AM

Quick update heading into the morning: I am super huge on OMG and AMB starting tomorrow. I think COSS is going to take another week or so to pick up so I've consolidated a bit.

I highly suggest getting into OMG and AMB ASAP. Both have started picking up a ton of momentum on Reddit. AMB is being shilled nonstop now.

XBY testnet results coming out tomorrow. Discord says its good news. This is also dipped hard right now. I've picked up a bit more. I think it'll be a good week.
allmeat27 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:07:01 PM

AMB is basically Reddit's coin of the week. Going to take off pretty soon.

AION beta tests coming up on the 31st. Should get a nice pump with that + the ICX summit.

DNA is at Genomics in London today/tomorrow. Expecting a huge pump.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: