Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:42:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover wallet from damaged PC  (Read 110 times)
Kochikkaaran (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:28:37 AM

Hi,

I had two wallets (Deep Onion and Hemp Coin) on my PC which was completely damaged in a fire, It was burned to a crisp, so no chance of recovering anything from a Harddisk.
How can I recover the cryptos? Please help.
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:34:02 AM

Hi,

I had two wallets (Deep Onion and Hemp Coin) on my PC which was completely damaged in a fire, It was burned to a crisp, so no chance of recovering anything from a Harddisk.
For this we need the files of the wallet.dat I usually keep them in several places on the flash drive. At home, at work, and gave relatives. This helps to protect your coins. If you have not saved, You cannot restore
Kochikkaaran (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:36:17 AM

where is it usually in, program files?
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:45:33 AM

Hi,

then it seems you have to release your wallet because wallet like it attached to hardisk more and wallet is not connected or not terkingkron with online wallet then the wallet offline will be lost because you no information synchronized or connected with you. Your online wallet means you can not restore it.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:45:21 AM

Did you save your private key?
If you don't save your private key and your hard drive file doesn't recover, you may lose it forever. Angry

BayAgapito

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:55:56 AM

Hi,

If you backuped your private keys you can still get your coins,but if not i am afraid there is no way you can recover your coins.Thats why you need to backup your keys so you can recover it anytime you will need to personally i always make 2-3 duplicates and stored in a safe place.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:59:15 AM

If you have backed up your private keys or printed off your paper wallet with the seed phrase then you can recover them by downloading softare again and using the seed phrase to re-install your original wallet.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:05:16 AM

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that , but as you said there is no chance to recover anything from the harddisk , you  surely lose them , we can do nothing for help.

shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:13:04 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 12:35:52 PM by shi07

Awww that's sad to hear, but you can still recover that if you were able to backup you privte keys. If not, there's no other way of getting it back. That's why it's very important to back up our files/private keys, hope this can be a reminder for everyone to take precautions when it comesnin our wallet security.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:20:16 AM

Hi,

If you did not provide back-up files for your private keys then you can't be recover those coins. So sad but that's the reality on this technology we should be responsible to our investments.
This is lesson learn in cryptocurrencies always provide back-up files and place it to 3 different locations.
Mankey001

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:32:53 AM

I suppose you haven't backed up your key because you wouldn't be asking this question. It is sad because as you said your pc had been burned down so your hard disk won't be capable to recover any information. Just make this as your lesson that next time you should have at least 2 to 3 backup in different places.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:34:50 AM

Hi,

Have you understand what are you talking about right now? It seems you are not making any backup for your wallet. And then, your computer was damaged entirely and then, can you retake your wallet file from your broken hard disk?
i think that you understand the correct answer. But red marker alreayd told us about the truth you are completely lost all of your data.
johnsaributua

Activity: 896
Merit: 265

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:42:28 AM

Hi,

For this we need the files of the wallet.dat I usually keep them in several places on the flash drive. At home, at work, and gave relatives. This helps to protect your coins. If you have not saved, You cannot restore

yes, for security should always backup wallet.dat data periodically. because the wallet.dat file is the stored data address.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

sozvdhua

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:39:25 AM

Hi,

You did not record it elsewhere? Or on paper? If not, it is really very regrettable. Think again. Or on your phone?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: