Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get someone to trust in Bitcoin.  (Read 119 times)
evanchan (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

Hi everyone,
Cryptocurrencies are booming, and is a good idea to get into it now. A friend of mine watched a documentary about Bitcoin and saw the negative news. Afterwards, he is completely stuck and will not trust in any online payments, especially any cryptocurrencies. What do I need to do to get him back to normal again? Anyone have positive news about Bitcoin that I can let him know?
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kk80586

Activity: 202
Merit: 13

I like coins. I love ONION.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:35:28 AM

It's a risk no matter what coin you invest in. Total speculation. They can go up to $20,000 or fall to $0.0000001 or some shutdown altogether. It is riskier than mutual funds and most stocks. But you can lose your butt in the stock market also. It depends on what you want to invest in. Instead of bitcoin maybe he would want to buy some newer coin at $0.005 for a few bucks. If it goes up he may make a lot of money. If it goes down then he is not out much.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:41:45 AM

Hi everyone,
Cryptocurrencies are booming, and is a good idea to get into it now. A friend of mine watched a documentary about Bitcoin and saw the negative news. Afterwards, he is completely stuck and will not trust in any online payments, especially any cryptocurrencies. What do I need to do to get him back to normal again? Anyone have positive news about Bitcoin that I can let him know?
Thanks

I would say don't worry about being a cryptovangelist and converting people to the idea. I have many friends, associates, and family members that simply will not believe in the idea or give it a try. I remember telling someone about it back in June when it was under $2k and telling them to buy bitcoin and they wouldn't and back in November they said "it will still crash so who cares" lol, but I guess they would have cared a little making $8k-$15k per bitcoin depending on if you sold or are still holding.
tententen

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:09:31 AM

Hi everyone,
Thanks

"Trust in Numbers"  Its a trustless set up from the point of humans.  Theoretically, you only need to trust algorithms.  This space (minus ethereum) is all about unstoppable code
massivekode

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:22:26 AM

Hi everyone,
Thanks

You have to educate him about the whole "blockchain" thing. The more knowledge he get, the more he will start to trust in bitcoin. You don't get educated about bitcoin by just looking a documentary video.

I would suggest that a beginner learn about...

1. Blockchain
2. Ledgers
3. Transactions
4. Miners
5. Double Spending

Anyone feel free to add more...
Rayner77

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:25:33 AM

I think YouTube offers tutorials that are very easy to understand even for the non-technical type of people... It's better to just watch YouTube guides for easier understanding.
massivekode

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:44:05 AM

I think YouTube offers tutorials that are very easy to understand even for the non-technical type of people... It's better to just watch YouTube guides for easier understanding.

I totally agree with you. To be honest, I learned majority of things from YouTube when I had complications in the cryptocurrency area.
ShallowWaters01

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:34:30 AM

Tell them that every investment is a risk, tell them that crypto does not work with supply and demand and tell them that crypto is unregulated which means that the people around him have more power than banks! have him watch the Video of Paxful when they created the school in africa
Mr A

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

Bitcoin investment is a risk ..
And you know that higher the risk higher the profit...
alwaysmyn

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:12:19 PM

It's very hard to get someone to trust bitcoin if you are just a regular guy. In order for them to trust something it needs to be reflected from you. Like for example if you are crazily rich person right now because of bitcoin and if you preach it to the guys around you the chance for them to trust you will be high because the good side of the bitcoin shows in you. Now if you belong to those that haven't made much $$ out of bitcoin it will be very hard for you to explain and convince them even if you have a high technical knowledge about it.
Archibaldos123

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:38:36 AM

In fact, it is a closed system of human beliefs. And punch her hard.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

why do you want him to trust again bitcoin? if the reason you want him/her to convert to BTC is to let him try to invest/buy BTC then don't. what if the price of BTC suddenly collapse the person he/she gonna blame will be you.if he  cannot take the risk then don't

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:58:06 AM

Try getting him on-board with blockchain technology, maybe if he sees what btc is built on he'll see some benefits.
Crypt0nonimus

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:05:06 AM

Let them browse the good and bad habits of Bitcoins! The easiest example would be buying gift cards to trade for BTC
Hannana01

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

just show him some result. work out for yourself first to earn from bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: