Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with my 6 card evga gtx 1070 rig  (Read 127 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:03:40 AM

So I was mining a new coin not yet on the market (Usually mine ETH) Edollar cash. I was running xmr stak and it would give me a lot of problems on all my rigs but would make my 6 card rig extremely slow then the other day I noticed my rig was shutdown completely I turned it back on and it won't boot into windows 10 I tried startup repair, tried system restore neither worked. I then plugged in my usb stick with windows 10 recovery on it and when I tried to do the custom install it brought up the screen with my partitions and the only partition that was there was one that had 0mb of storage on it no other partition. Does this mean my hard drive is shot? Any help would be appreciated thanks?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5733

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:45:20 AM

I see that you're using HDD.
Probably yes, but you can try replacing the Sata Cable for it may be a problem to the connection, but your case strongly indicates a non-spinning or broken disk.
Seeing a Corrupted Partition (0mb/0mb) is a sign of a working PCB of the HDD, but the mechanical parts are broken (which is basically 90% of the unit).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:08:56 AM

I see that you're using HDD.
Probably yes, but you can try replacing the Sata Cable for it may be a problem to the connection, but your case strongly indicates a non-spinning or broken disk.
Seeing a Corrupted Partition (0mb/0mb) is a sign of a working PCB of the HDD, but the mechanical parts are broken (which is basically 90% of the unit).

Hey thanks for the reply but it's actually an SSD which is why im a bit confused why an SSD would breakdown I haven't even had it for 1 year.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5733

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

A year isn't enough to break it down even with constant read and writes brought by huge pagefile that we usually set.
But it's pretty the same with flashdrives' breaking points, the estimated max R&W does not always justify the quality of the drive.
Most unknown brands are totally produced from low quality parts while some products of a Reputable brand may contain hidden defects.

Try it in another PCI-e slot or another system.
It may be a short or a power surge but I highly doubt it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████