Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion/ Recommendations for the Current and Future Merit Sources  (Read 268 times)
Theb (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 07:22:31 AM by Theb
Merited by mprep (1), qwertyup23 (1), orions.belt19 (1), Sir Cross (1)

It has been 3 days since theymos announced the new merit system and there is still a lot of mixed emotions going on with the new feature which it has left a bad impression for most of the lower ranked members, it made them lose hope that they won't be able to rank up again. And by the time that majority of the sMerits of non-Merit Source Members run out the only way members will be ranking up is by being Merited by Merit Sources.

So with the days that passed by I see that the new system will have a good effect in the long run which will drive people to improve their post, as I see some of the merit sources out here are actively giving Merits for deserving members. So for the current and future Merit Sources out there I suggest that you would do the following as you are the only ones who can rank up other members in the future.

Hunting
Actively reading different threads from different section might be a hard and time consuming but there are honestly good high quality post waiting to be merited out there, searching them and giving them one will encourage them to do more posts with the same or better quality.

Reviewing
Similar to what bill gator made. He created a service thread where he offers to review any post that seems to him to be helpful or informative after that he will give the user a MERIT for FREE. For merit sources who don't want to go to many threads hunting for quality posts this might be a good alternative.

Contest
Be generous and at the same time creative when creating your sMerit giveaway as it will surely drive a lot of members to create high quality posts. Here are some of the members who created contests/challenges.

So for the current and future Merit Sources out there take advantage of your regenerating sMerits to make Bitcointalk a Better Community.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:59:40 AM

Thank you very much! Will you be updating this thread? Please do! I would be following this thread for my references! Thank you once again!
Theb (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:09:06 AM

Thank you very much! Will you be updating this thread? Please do! I would be following this thread for my references! Thank you once again!
I only highlighted a couple of examples of how Merit Sources can give sMerits but I don't intend to update this thread frequently. But if there is a demand I think I could create a separate thread about people who are giving sMerits away or maybe another member could do it who can actively update the List.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:02:33 AM
Merited by Theb (4)

Great advice Theb! I really think that the only disadvantage of the current merit system is that it doesn't favor the lower ranking members since the chances of getting merit points for them are low due to the fact that people might think their post are not of value just because they are new and inexperienced in this forum. I really hope that your message will encourage those who holds great amount of merits to give chances to each and every user here, no matter of what rank, and not favor those who they know or consider friends. Thank you as well for posting threads where people can get a chance to receive merits. Your message does not only encourage those who gives out the merits but also for the new members to write posts worthy of merits so that they are deserving. Kudos to you Theb!
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:41:00 AM
Merited by Theb (3)

Wow, thanks for this thread! With the new merit system, it's going to be harder to rank up but at the same time, it's going promote better post quality within the forum. There was said to be a variety of other sMerit sources although it has not been exposed what or who these other sources are. This would be great for those who are still kind of lost and are adjusting to the new merit system.

I suggest that you should also post this on bill gator's thread, as this is worth a merit as well and would help a lot of the users.

Since there's going to be more services out there such as the giveaways and contests which you have indicated, I think it would be better to update this thread every now and then to help out the users.
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:42:22 AM

Awesome thread man, i really appriciate it, as you see im a newbee so im still looking into this and getting to know the rules and how things work, and these kind of threads help me a lot in that. In general i think its a great idea that will improve the quality of the posts so much in the long run, we newbees are in disadvantage for sure but it doesnt matter, obv it had to be changed and some order is restored in the forums. Thanks a lot again, will be following closely these type of threads
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: