Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:08:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ArcBlock - scalability, extensibility and cooperation  (Read 107 times)
Wind_Crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:40:08 AM

ARCBLOCK, with its focus on scalability, extensibility, easy-of-usage (in building Dapps), and cooperation, rather than competition with existing front runners such as Ethereum and Hyperledger, has a potential chance to grab a decent size of the blockchain ecosystem pie.

summarising from their whitepaper (my interpretation):

(i) With ArcBlock’s Open Chain Access Protocol, developers can now carefully weigh the pros/cons of blockchain protocols and evaluate suitabilty relative to their projects, since open connectivity over multiple blockchain protocols is now enabled by ArcBlock.

(ii) In terms of optimisation, ArcBlock also aims to achieve >100,000 Tx/s, which would enable broad range of Dapps to run on the platform simultaneously, accommodating operations for a wide range of applications.

(iii) Personally, the feature/design focus that impressed me most was the fact that ArcBlock is designed to run natively in the cloud. A node no longer needs to be ur desktop sitting in ur studyroom. In ArcBlock, it can be a “logical computer” comprised of one or more virtual machines, or a group of cooperating cloud services. While initially built on top of AWS and Windows Azure, it will be also be expanded to support Google Compute Engine, major Chinese cloud computing players, and other platforms. On a forward looking note, I feel that one potential synergistic partnership could even be between ArcBlock and decentralised cloud computing blockchain aggregator projects such as SOMN and GOLEM. Blockchain FTW!

Any views from veterans?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: