Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] Dealcoin Official Thread  (Read 14592 times)
Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:01:50 PM

I'm happy about the growth that it has seen already since IPO Smiley  Hopefully Hakim has good news for us in the coming days and weeks.
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:32:55 PM

With such a fair valuation, this thing is going nowhere but up!  Grin
nycgoat

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:41:49 PM

I'm happy about the growth that it has seen already since IPO Smiley  Hopefully Hakim has good news for us in the coming days and weeks.

Congrats on the successful IPO, I also hope to hear good news.  This looks like a good company with great potential for growth.

Agreed.  Even the current valuation is extremely fair based on the potential growth of the space and other factors. 
Ninshatamoto

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:59:38 PM

Congrats on the successful IPO, I also hope to hear good news.  This looks like a good company with great potential for growth.

Agreed.  Even the current valuation is extremely fair based on the potential growth of the space and other factors. 

Agreed.  And it is one of thes only (if not the only?) IPO that I have seen that is not in the same competition-space as all of the mining companies, and ASIC producers.  It stands completely on it's own 2 feet.
nycgoat

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:24:16 PM

Agreed.  And it is one of thes only (if not the only?) IPO that I have seen that is not in the same competition-space as all of the mining companies, and ASIC producers.  It stands completely on it's own 2 feet.

Exactly.  Mining is only one way of obtaining BTC and that space is extremely crowded.  The every day person still needs a way to obtain BTC and DealCoin/LocalBitcoin solutions are much less traveled route. 
Ninshatamoto

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:35:35 AM

There doesn't seem to be any buy support whatsoever today....somewhat discouraging.  I hope we get some good news in the coming days.
trepex

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:27:39 AM

There doesn't seem to be any buy support whatsoever today....somewhat discouraging.  I hope we get some good news in the coming days.

Looks like they have technical problems with their domain "dealco.in" and/or webserver.

Someone offered them help for re-design of the webpage Maybe they need also technical help  Huh in running one.

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
trepex

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:36:59 AM

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @a1.in.afilias-nst.in. dealco.in. NS   (output filtered)
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns2.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns1.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns3.dreamhost.com.

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

All nameserves for dealco.in are unreachable!

Just as I type this, the ns2 starts to respond again.

Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 08:31:03 AM

Shouldn't be using dreamhost. It's inherently insecure. For a project such as this (with the funding they now have) a dedicated or collocated server would be a muc better option. Dreamhost cost $10/year.     

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
trepex

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:59:04 AM

Shouldn't be using dreamhost. It's inherently insecure. For a project such as this (with the funding they now have) a dedicated or collocated server would be a muc better option. Dreamhost cost $10/year.    

I did not say that they use Dreamhost as Webserver - I don't know what they use.
I only said that they use nameservers operated by Dreamhost.

Of course, when all your nameservers are down, your whole service will be down (besides for people having the IP in
their cache or type it manually).

But of course, you should never operate (let operate) all your nameservers by the same company or via the same infrastructure.

Ralf

worldbridger

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:42:34 PM

Looks like they have technical problems with their domain "dealco.in" and/or webserver.

Someone offered them help for re-design of the webpage Maybe they need also technical help  Huh in running one.

Hello trepex, we did run a server upgrade on Sept 5th. The site is currently online. If you experience any issues connecting please contact our support at support[at]dealco[dot]in

Regarding the re-design, we are running a contest where designers may win 2 BTC. I contacted Rawted, who offered to help, via PM to inform him of this opportunity.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:44:18 PM

HE.net offers free entrprise grade DNS. Why not use it? What kind of a host allows 3 of its nameservers to all be down at the same time - Dreamhost....

There's tons of -free- providers out there for DNS that are 100% better than dreamhost. At least they never have a 100% failure.     

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:57:37 PM

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @a1.in.afilias-nst.in. dealco.in. NS   (output filtered)
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns2.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns1.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns3.dreamhost.com.

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

All nameserves for dealco.in are unreachable!

Just as I type this, the ns2 starts to respond again.

Hi Trepex, service is normal now and you should not have problems connecting. Thanks for the feedback.
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:01:29 PM

Hi joesmoe2012, we only use the DH DNS. Not their shared hosting... For info, we're running a VPS.
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:52:30 PM

HE.net offers free entrprise grade DNS. Why not use it? What kind of a host allows 3 of its nameservers to all be down at the same time - Dreamhost....

There's tons of -free- providers out there for DNS that are 100% better than dreamhost. At least they never have a 100% failure.     

Thanks for the info joesmoe2012
trepex

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Hello trepex, we did run a server upgrade on Sept 5th. The site is currently online. If you experience any issues connecting please contact our support at support[at]dealco[dot]in

Regarding the re-design, we are running a contest where designers may win 2 BTC. I contacted Rawted, who offered to help, via PM to inform him of this opportunity.

Everything is working fine again.
I think I would not have been worried so much if your webserver would have been down  Wink  but when I saw the nameservers being
unreachable, I had been worried what is going on. This and the share price drop made me wondering what happened.

Ralf

worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:59:49 PM

Upcoming Host Upgrade

Great news: In preparation for our upcoming private beta test sprint run starting next week, we are moving DealCoin to a better, faster server!
In order to complete this transfer, we will be freezing our databases on Sunday, September 15th at 11:00 AM UTC.
The transfer will occur on September 15th between 12:00 - 16:00 UTC. We do apologize in advance for the downtime involved.
We have made every effort to minimize the impact but we are anticipating our site being offline for approximately one hour.
We expect normal service to resume on September 15th at 16:00 UTC.
bitrich

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:54:49 PM

Where can we look for updates on progress and status of the private beta testing? Do we have a date that dealco.in will open to public and real trading starts?
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 10:19:57 PM

Where can we look for updates on progress and status of the private beta testing? Do we have a date that dealco.in will open to public and real trading starts?

Hi Bitrich, the private beta is going well. We have had 92 people registered for the tests already. Tests are going well so far.
I will be sending a newsletter at the end of September with more info.
bitrich

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Hi Bitrich, the private beta is going well. We have had 92 people registered for the tests already. Tests are going well so far.
I will be sending a newsletter at the end of September with more info.

Thank you, I registered and completed some tests also, the site seems to work well. Didn't notice any glitches in my experience. I look forward to the newsletter update.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: