Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:28:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] Dealcoin Official Thread  (Read 14585 times)
mumung

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:20:21 PM

Any news on progress, success, adoption, beta test, first dividends etc?
Thanks
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:02:35 PM

Any news on progress, success, adoption, beta test, first dividends etc?
Thanks

Well the first beta test phase took place (I participated in it), and the site looks good although there are still a few details to polish. They said there would be a second beta too.
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:31:19 PM

this is going painfully slow... any hard dates for going live yet?

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
nycgoat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:26:49 PM

I wouldn't say painfully slow... anyone who has been involved in a real life/world start-up understands the growing pains associated with what Dealcoin is attempting to accomplish.  It is much better to slowly implement a working system than to immediately implement something full of bugs.

Like any BTC investment, Dealco.in is not risk free by any means.  The bottom line though, is that the mining game is oversatured (at the very least).  As more individuals would like to obtain Bitcoin (especially those without bank accounts), in person exchanges will become increasingly important. 
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:52:47 PM

I wouldn't say painfully slow... anyone who has been involved in a real life/world start-up understands the growing pains associated with what Dealcoin is attempting to accomplish.  It is much better to slowly implement a working system than to immediately implement something full of bugs.

Like any BTC investment, Dealco.in is not risk free by any means.  The bottom line though, is that the mining game is oversatured (at the very least).  As more individuals would like to obtain Bitcoin (especially those without bank accounts), in person exchanges will become increasingly important. 
I have been involved with IT startups - the last two places I worked at have been startups, and for the most recent one, I was hired before it even had an office. Presumably, most issues would have been flushed out during the architecture rollout (if not earlier in the design planning), then internally identified and QA'd well before the public announcement and request for beta testers. That's how we did things at my startups, anyway.

I was one of the first to sign up at dealco.in, and I have to say that although there have been minor improvements to the interface since I first saw it, this is not as complicated a system as you seem to believe it to be. It's pretty straightforward. It just seems that there's not a lot going on right now. The amount raised during the IPO was small enough that I thought this to be a "we're ready to go, just raising some token cash to let people have a stake in it for word-of-mouth-marketing reasons" project, especially since they appear to be prefunded from Seedcoin. I understand the need for a short beta to find any unexpected items, but this really does seem to just be kinda dragging along at the moment. Perhaps the beta was premature?

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
nycgoat

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:40:44 AM

SeedCoin and DealCoin are run by the same person, it is clearly visible on his LinkedIn profile.

In my experience, these startups will all take much longer than expected.  With the uncertainty surrounding much regulation of the Bitcoin ecosystem, there is less of a rush.  Expect to see more movement 1q 2014.
nycgoat

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:22:45 PM

Great to see the DealCoin CEO on Bitcoin Magazine today: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8037/hakim-mamoni-talks-about-the-bitcoin-conference-om-singapore-preview/
nycgoat

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:00:01 PM

Hakim (the CEO of Dealco.in) is featured in this video from Bitcoin Singapore:
http://shitco.in/2013/11/20/bitcoin-singapore-video/
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:58:48 AM

One question :

Someone knows why in the last 2-3 weeks the Dealcoin stock value on havelock has lost a lot of his unit price from 0.004 to 0.001 (and lower) without (apparently) no news from the company, no btc price big changes (versus fiat) or something that will justify this big down ?

Cheers

Cesmak

acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:27:52 AM

One question :

Someone knows why in the last 2-3 weeks the Dealcoin stock value on havelock has lost a lot of his unit price from 0.004 to 0.001 (and lower) without (apparently) no news from the company, no btc price big changes (versus fiat) or something that will justify this big down ?

Cheers

Cesmak

Seriously. Done with Havelock. Their companies' stock prices go in one direction; down.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:15:21 PM

Well... now it's going up !

Is there any update coming soon ?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

doolittle

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:59:48 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 10:45:13 AM by doolittle

Couple of questions to the company:

• I was on the website and saw links to some newsletters. However they were all dead. Will this be fixed and the newsletter provided to us? Or do we need to subscribe with an email address?
  • I saw there have been some Investor Q&As for the Seedcoin portfolio companies. Will there be a chance to do something similar for Dealco.in as well?
  • Or will there be any other opportunities to meet the founder like at one of the upcoming BTC conferences?
  • Just in general: Who is working at Dealco.in. Just the founder? Or also some employees? Which external companies is Dealco.in working with?
  • lots of other questions, to be answered ... report on the results of the tests ... focus in terms of geography ... expenses/salaries... BTC left from the IPO (are they still there or have they been converted to USD?)... business relationship to Seedcoin ... time commitment of the founder ...

Just saw it: There has been a link to the detailed financials at dealco.in. Where did they go?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

Wow...this security has gone straight to the crapper!!  Keep up the great work Hakim!!  Way to stay on top of things! <--sarcasm!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:27:05 PM

I noticed a dividend change without any notification within the two year guaranteed monthly divided period.
Breach of contract unless someone can prove they actually sent a notification on this.
I want the other half and shareholders have the right to it as dealcoin can't change it unilaterally.

Dividend Policy
DEALCO will pay a 1% fixed monthly dividend in accordance with the exchange rules and practices
based on the 0.01 BTC listing price (0.0001 BTC/month/unit). The dividend will begin on October 31st
, 2013 and continue for a period of two years.

Prior to the end of the two year period, Dealcoin will inform DEALCO unit holders of the new dividend
policy to be defined at the time.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:43:27 PM

I noticed a dividend change without any notification within the two year guaranteed monthly divided period.
Breach of contract unless someone can prove they actually sent a notification on this.
I want the other half and shareholders have the right to it as dealcoin can't change it unilaterally.

Dividend Policy
DEALCO will pay a 1% fixed monthly dividend in accordance with the exchange rules and practices
based on the 0.01 BTC listing price (0.0001 BTC/month/unit). The dividend will begin on October 31st
, 2013 and continue for a period of two years.

Prior to the end of the two year period, Dealcoin will inform DEALCO unit holders of the new dividend
policy to be defined at the time.

It does appear that Dealcoin is in breach of contract. Here is the Dealcoin prospectus that outlines their dividend policy for other shareholders to see: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reports.php. Havelock, can you please comment on this so cooler heads prevail and an equitable resolution can be found.

Shareholders have made their investments into the company largely based upon the fixed dividend policy for the two year period. Changing the terms 50% of the way into the policy, by enacting a 50%  reduction of the dividend, is a sure fire way to bring about legal action and negative publicity. Let's hope this is a administrative mistake given that how it comes off currently is extremely unprofessional.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:25:24 PM

Changing the terms 50% of the way into the policy, by enacting a 50%  reduction of the dividend, is a sure fire way to bring about legal action ...

Legal action against a Hong Kong co. selling illegal shares purchased through an [allegedly] Panamanian unlicensed exchange?
Best of luck Cheesy

*Would this guy break a non-legally binding contract?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:20:01 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 08:57:23 PM by freedomno1

Just recieved a new Dealcoin newsletter looks like they will go back to the default for the rest of the year
Consider the issue resolved

** Dividend Updates
------------------------------------------------------------
The dividend for the next 12 months stays unchanged at BTC0.0001. A typo was made in our dividend payments on November 30th. A payment of BTC0.00005 was issued instead of the expected BTC0.0001. We have now corrected this mistake and a further BTC0.00005 will be issued today December 1st 2014.

felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

Just recieved a new Dealcoin newsletter looks like they will go back to the default for the rest of the year
Consider the issue resolved

** Dividend Updates
------------------------------------------------------------
The dividend for the next 12 months stays unchanged at BTC0.0001. A typo was made in our dividend payments on November 30th. A payment of BTC0.00005 was issued instead of the expected BTC0.0001. We have now corrected this mistake and a further BTC0.00005 will be issued today December 1st 2014.

much appreciated the right action. (+)
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:15:21 AM

What about September 2015 dividend ? There is an official statement about this ?

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:17:32 AM

What about September 2015 dividend ? There is an official statement about this ?

It's a good question the two year guaranteed dividend period has passed
Now its up to the asset issuer to post an update on Dealco.in

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: