Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wepower is shady, please share  (Read 240 times)
mvplol

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:00:11 AM

It's heavily promoted on Facebook. Not sure if it's a scam or not but I usually stay away from any icos I see on Facebook.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Informationispower (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:26:47 PM

Im worried about this project and here is why

https://medium.com/@EmiliaFin/warning-wepower-partnered-with-a-scam-company-d638beb74d3d

Please share so people know what they are investing in
I haven't invest in WePower but I'm planning to invest in this soon. I believe it is hard tell if this is true or not because it is only one article and one side of the story. There could also a political issue on this matter and Media nowadays cannot be trusted, they always add up a story just to make their news looks interesting.

This is the official site for The Finnish competition and consumer authority. It's not tmz... Always look at the sources, don't assume.

Here is a list of articles from reliable Finnish news sites on this company (they are in Finnish so use a translator)

https://www.kauppalehti.fi/uutiset/energiayhtio-markkinaoikeuteen-sopimusmuutoksista/vVFUDcZb
https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2015/04/24/miksi-220-energia-laskuttaa-sahkolaskussa-maksuturvavakuutuksen
https://www.talouselama.fi/uutiset/hamara-sahkokauppias-yrittaa-nyt-ihan-uudella-yrityksella/0d3d099d-9987-319a-9663-4de9a5547595

It is bad..

thanks for the information, i was thinking about joining this ICO, so maybe i need to have a deeper look at it and do some more research.

No problem, I think this information should be out there, it might not mean the project will fail, but it is a red flag.  

80-90% ico will become scum in the next 5 years. The only question can they make u rich or it will dye faster and burn you depo;) most of them are speculation and nothing more:)

Couldn't agree more, there are some amazing projects with great teams out there but at the same time, all the bad actors are running to the unregulated crypto space. And they are giving the space a bad name.

I am worried that even though projects such as this may be scams, many are still willing to buy if the hype is high enough so they can still turn a profit off the scam. This is bad because it promotes scam ICOs and encourages companies to launch them and people to buy into them just to make a quick buck.

You just need to do your research before investing, there is no doubt in my mind that a lot of people will be left holding empty bags but a lot will also make money. Knowledge is power! I do agree that it is annoying that the unregulated aspect brings so many bad actors to this space, but they will leave once the dumb money stops pouring in. It might be a while for that to happen.

hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

I think it's not scam, they showed us they have the best project since 2017. Running ICO's is not easy. you need alot of effort and do advertisement. If they going to scam us then investors will file a lawsuit about the accusations.
Informationispower (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:37:47 PM

I think it's not scam, they showed us they have the best project since 2017. Running ICO's is not easy. you need alot of effort and do advertisement. If they going to scam us then investors will file a lawsuit about the accusations.

Read the medium post before commenting. It is stated that the company they are partnering with are shady, this, however, reflects very poorly on the project.

An ico is not a scam per say but these icos are not regulated and they only offer a promise that has no obligation to be completed. This is why you should research a lot before investing, as they could if they wanted to stop working on the project whenever they wanted. And you cant do anything about it as there are no laws they are breaking.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:39:19 AM

If the information we have read about Wepower is something to come by then investors of the  company's ICO needs to be very wary. However someone needs to contact Wepower team to verify the authenticity of the information to be more convinced.
I think if this were so, then probably the bounty manager would probably have said this first, as far as I understand, that bounty managers are people. who are hired, so perhaps he would immediately report it. In any case, contact does not interfere
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:17 AM

Let's take a look at the author of this article. Emilia W has only two followers and the only article that was probably written to order. It is possible that she was thrown from the campaign largesse and she's out for revenge. Wepower is a very strong draft and it has a very powerful team. I see no reason that this project was a fraud.
alinapvlvch

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:57:40 AM

it is over, somewhere there is such probability... but here you don't learn, won't throw yet. As was with Benebit too all thought, a chtor the good project, and then and couldn't find anybody.

VIDY 👅| Decentralized Video Ad Network | VIDY 👅
Open-source NLP Protocol Hold to Earn One-Tap Payment Staking Mechanism Low fees Secure
Facebook   Telegram   Twitter   [Pre-ICO Starts on September 1st, 2018]   Bitcointalk   Medium   Reddit
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

I believe that this is a very wonderful project and no slander will not prevent him to succeed. He has a great future! And I look forward to the results of this ICO.
UZIzzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:08:34 AM

220 energia is a fraud company, but it doesn't mean Wepower is a fraudulent project.
Wepower is hot enough that its Telegram group has a huge user base. Even if it's a scam, I think that when the bubble in the ICO market is so big, investing in Wepower can still be profitable.
But note that Wepower is not a hoax.

Yes that is correct may be only associated partners made a fraudulent but I really believe We power is a legit project and we felt now the crowd of the investors,developers and teams even in telegrams are so high because of a good impact of the project.
Indeed, I think it doesn't matter if it's a hoax.
Because the ICO project is hot enough, we can still make a profit in the short term by investing in it.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: