Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your vote for a newbie to start in cryptocurrency ?
Day trading - 3 (16.7%)
Long Term - 15 (83.3%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for Newbies - Day trading VS Long Term - POLL  (Read 229 times)
01BTC (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

I know this has been looong way discutated arrund here but I did not saw a poll for this and to know how the bitcointalk community.

A few words for your choise will also help, cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:30:58 AM

I know this has been looong way discutated arrund here but I did not saw a poll for this and to know how the bitcointalk community.

A few words of consiladion of your choise will also help, cheers!
Long term is the best profitable not only for newbies for anyone who is in crypto currency.Day trading is only best for earning decent profits but in long term you can multiply your investments.But the matter is which coin your holding,if you are holding a useless shitcoin then it is not going to yield any profits only potential coins will.
But before start trading or anything you need some skills about picking the coins and wallets for trading so you have to research about these before start trading.The long term or trading also can be based on our coins.If a coin with too much of price volatility then it will give more earnings in day trading or the coin with constant steady price which is better for long term.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:35:28 AM

It depends on many things like:
- Your job
- Already married or not
- The amount of the bill you have
==
If you are a married person and make the crypto currency only as your side job, choose long-term benefits.
But if you are a married person and make the crypto currency as your main livelihood, of course you must choose short-term profits.
and many other scenarios.
lidd0512

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:35:57 AM

if you qualify the ability ,you can trade both on the short and long period ,on the premise of you believe some coins, that can maximum your profits. but i have to admit short term trad is a tired thing ,you have to look at the graph minute by minute .that might make you nervous . i think it also can harm your health on this intense  trade work~
svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:37:26 AM

With short-term trading there are own risks, and if you still can not be confident in yourself, as in a trader - it's better not to climb into it)
You will save more money.
Long-term outlook is better, but you need to study coins, what technology is behind this coin, will it be in demand and how?
Also, long-term trading can bring a lot of X to your bank!

Suskunadam

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:37:54 AM

I would definitely go with long term holding. Risk is much higher in daily trading. A newbie might lose a lot of money that way.
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

Again even for not newbies, it is depends on your:
Time - if you have so much time, you can day trade coins, as coins are so volatile that you can win and lose significantly, if you dont have time checking always, but some establish coins and hodl it.

Hope it helps and welcome to cryptoworld

quarkchain.io
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:43:13 AM

You can earn a lot with both methods if you are experienced enough. Don't expect the great income with the day trading because the coins in this period of the trading don't have the proper time to grow fully. Even if I am the supporter of this technique I am lacking a time that is needed for this kind of trading.

Long-term investment is fantastical for the people which with the initial bankroll can get a big profit gain if they had invested smartly. I am fond of this technique because you don't have to watch the market curves and charts all the time. Because this is the long period your analyzation at the beginning is the key to success. Coins in the period can fluctuate a lot but the patience is the key in this cases because backing up early can only bring you the loss.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:43:50 AM

I am adding my two cents worth of an opinion. A newbie should not face some risks in day trading and should do it when one has already gathered the needed 'education' because that area can be turbulent at many times of the day. I am not saying you should not be doing it but always make yourself prepared and maybe just risk a little bit of a capital in the beginning. It all boils down to how prepared you are for doing it. Don't be caught up with excitement you might be feeling seeing some traders enjoying their own success because replication can be so hard in this industry. I am wishing you all the luck you need in this endeavor though.
01BTC (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:44:10 AM

Seeing the results by now I wonder if I'm doing the right thing with a daily trading . I started a journey of making 1 Bitcoin this year and doing daily trades. I will see how this thread goes but I asume moust will go for the long term...

MrJake

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:58:40 AM

i always say that both is very profitable depending on your aim. If i were to really choose, i ll choose long term. For BTC it is really fun to understand the sky rocketing of BTC's price so as its correction period. i believe that that'll be the same for other stable alt coins. Many people waits for the "mooning" of the btc this year since its in the phase where it drops and rises. So you could go for long term but make sure to keep yourself posted.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|[/center
Vaerros

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

daytrading is good with little deposit, but if deposit is rather big, so investing will prefer
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

Maybe you had to create a topic in another section. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0 But for me personally, is much more acceptable long-term trade, it probably will not even trade, and investment. Trader of me bad, so I just buy a coin and hope that after some time it does not much will fall in price, but on the contrary will rise.
kryptokowalski

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:08:23 AM

Day trading only works if you have a lot of capital, but its more risky. Long term is great if you don't have as much capital to start so it gives more room for your coins to grow.
atulsahay7

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:06:12 AM

Quote from: 01BTC on Today at 08:24:50 AM

It depends on many things like:
- Your job
- Already married or not
- The amount of the bill you have
==
If you are a married person and make the crypto currency only as your side job, choose long-term benefits.
But if you are a married person and make the crypto currency as your main livelihood, of course you must choose short-term profits.
and many other scenarios.

Interesting ! Rightly said. Short term profit may be quiet risky and need more skillful observation. And it may also earn you a little daily. But to sustain any one should retain loooong.
I think Newbies should take their time to understand well for entering short term day trading.
01BTC (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

I really hope this kind of threads will help other realise what is good for them. To me this thread made me decide how to go along, I decided to move to Long term investment and make a small portfolio!

Kmdr

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:20:46 PM

You need an extra option - for both.  It is possible to combine the two, although I day trade with different coins to the ones I am holding long term.

↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️ EXTRADECOIN ↗️ The Exchange for Trader and Gamer ↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️
Trade and Play [ https://extradecoin.com ]
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:25:41 PM

Long Term Trading - Long-term strategy is an act of detention not to close in a long period of time. The advantage is that traders do not have to spend a lot of time to keep an eye on market conditions.
Many experienced brokers say that the longer a person holds an investment, the less likely it is to get a loss. While the longer the investment, the higher the probability of winning. So it can be concluded long-term trading of course also has a smaller risk because you can avoid mistakes to guess the short-term price.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:29:18 PM

For newbies - definitely long term.

I think day trading takes way more experience to even get started.
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:33:23 PM

As mentioned above, both strategies CAN work, depending on how prepared you are for the situation at the particular time you're doing it.   I'd advise any newbie to simply acquire BTC / ETH and hold them in the beginning until they really truly do fundamental analysis of any other projects they're interested in.   Don't jump into anything you don't fully understand - not just the technology itself but figure out → how is the particular token / coin that you're buying used within the particular project you're putting that money into?   This will go a long way into helping you understand the potential future value of the project and the token asset associated with it, itself.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: