Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping a Beginner  (Read 828 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:42:43 AM
Merited by Jerzzz (1)

Someone I know wants to meet with me to talk about BTC and crypto.
want to get into it.
What would you recommend be the step 1? for them to approach?

worldtraveller

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:00:23 AM

Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
coinsons

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

First u need find good utube blogger in cryptos
i known good ones only in russian sector but i known in english sectors it have too some good guys who will speak good things
teach blockchain at all how its work too its helpfull too !

good luck
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:08:03 AM

I think that the best way to introduce a newcomer to bitcoin will be to tell him what are the advantages of bitcoin against other fiat currencies, and to give him a small amount of bitcoin so he can buy something/ use it.
There is no better way of learning the system then actually using the system.

Let him send some coins, and then explain him that if he was doing the same transactions through his regular bank account it would be arrive in 2-3 days instead of few minutes, and it would have cost him much more then he paid for the bitcoin transaction.
Brennus101

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:14:30 AM

You should definitely encourage the person to learn a bit about the technical aspects of bitcoin, provided they have the necessary background. I've enjoyed "Mastering BTC" by Andreas Antonopoulus. You can read the book for free here: https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:23:25 AM
Merited by n691309 (5)

First u need find good utube blogger in cryptos
i known good ones only in russian sector but i known in english sectors it have too some good guys who will speak good things
teach blockchain at all how its work too its helpfull too !

good luck

I agree with this! Because certain youtubers, “I will not go to mention names” Are just trying to say good things and good stuff about a certain Altcoins and not the possible negative about it, If your friend doesn't have any idea with Cryptocurrency yet then focus only in bitcoin for now, Well in the recent Bitconnect incident certain youtubers promote it so others would invest to it and yes it turns out to be just scam just always tel your friends that wants to invest in cryptocurrency to invest at their own risk, it is become more like a gambling thing because we can not know it a certain Altcoin will turn out just like bitconnect or the ICO might become bankrupt for certain issues, Just research more and read all their whitepaper, roadmap people involve in it and try to research for negative things about it before engaging in investing with it.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:31:08 AM

want to get into it.

I would suggest the first step is to make sure you really know it all, that guy is going to rely on your input so you should be careful with what you say. I would say choose a meeting at a bar where both of you're at ease.
Next step would be is to create pictorials for him to understand, make him aware of past and current scenarios. It would require more than one meeting and invite him here, he could earn some satoshi and good knowledge to start.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:37:47 AM

want to get into it.

Introduce first what is bitcoin and the purpose of Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto why is created bitcoin.
The importance of bitcoin and crytpocurrency to people all around the world and how their market value pump and dump.
teach them how to create wallet and what is it for? and tell them how to recieve and send tokens or bitcoin.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:39:16 AM

First of all it's great your friend wants to get into Crypto, be patient with him/her and remember we all started somewhere. The first piece of real advice I would give, and I would repeat this over and over, is to only invest what you can afford to lose. What I would also make clear is all the fees and at what point they occur. I've seen many people mess around transferring/buying/selling small amounts of btc and not realising the fees they incorporate. Then it would be worth setting your friend up on a friendly wallet, maybe something like Coinbase.  
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:00:03 AM

Remember bro never trust like for crypto signals in telegrams chat or others place which offer u for 200-300$ per months give a signals to trade to make u rich for 500-800% per months . Thats all shit dont trust them . Teach uself how to trade and start from micro money like 5-10$ dont trade for 200-300$ or 1k for start because u will make alot of mistakes on starts and will loose alot of money becose of that.
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:03:51 AM

want to get into it.

You can just redirect them to youtube for some good videos, also give him the important sites in crypto,like cointalegraph, ico bench, coin market cap. some good exchanges and so on. After all everyone should do their own due dilligence.
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:05:17 AM

First would be to warn them that, as this can be a quick way to earn money, it is not that easy. There will be huge risks to his money. Or even if he worked for it. Money will take (a long) time and it is not constant like a 9-5 job. But the pay-off can be huge.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

For me very happy, with those who do not yet understand about  crypto money. For me they will benefit greatly, because they want many ways and insight on how good way to get crypto to us. So with a little time we give them a boost they can finally understand it a bit, time for them.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

I think the best way is to tell them first how crypto begin and what's its purpose of making it. Next, tell him/her that the thing that makes bitcoin possible is because of blockchain technology then try to explain what is blockchain. Then tell him that bitcoin is not a loner and it has more but different cryptos out there in the blockchain. And I think what last to tell him/her is on how to earn some bitcoin and what are the needed things to have to get it.
kentom888

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:23:02 AM

I will introduce them about
- Technology creates Bitcoin
- Applications from these technologies
Prices of Bitcoin and Altcoins from the beginning to today
- How to get Bitcoin or Altcoins.
From which will they understand and decide whether to invest? And invest in Bitcoin or Altcoins?
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:27:22 AM

want to get into it.

1. Read and understand the Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
2. Anything else

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:42:43 AM

If I were to introduce bitcoin to a newcomer I will provide videos from youtube that can back up and explain the purpose and uses of bitcoin. Then I will explain further the things to consider, the advantage and disadvantages if the particular person decided to enter the world of crypto.

I think its not really hard to explain bitcoin to someone that has a knowledge in new technology. People are exposed to internet so its an advantage for them to understand bitcoin easily.

pvtuan34897

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:50:12 AM

You should search it on youtube.
Alot of videos give clear info
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:56:11 AM

Errr, No?

1. Read and understand the Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
2. Anything else

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:02:24 AM
Merited by AGD (1)

I would suggest that as a beginner, you need to do some research about bitcoin. Need to understand the basics of bitcoin and how it works to be able to gain more knowledge about it before engaging into an activity where you are not yet familiar. Also, by joining into this forum will give him better understanding as this have many topics that might be of help for a beginner by reading the comments of the members of this great forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: