Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping a Beginner  (Read 822 times)
Arumi.Bilqis

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:28:07 PM

I am very happy because I can help some of my close friends and they have a passion for learning, and until now our beginner team has started to grow and they are very enthusiastic.
If this goes well then the development of bitcoin will run smoothly in its development and I will always help as much as possible for beginners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:39:46 PM
Merited by rizkyhiw (2)

Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.
If with the risk I really agree with you but if the world of crypto equated with gambling I do not agree.
Because investing, trading, not only requires luck but requires expertise to analyze as well.

Someone I know wants to meet with me to talk about BTC and crypto.
want to get into it.
What would you recommend be the step 1? for them to approach?
First is to find out as much information as possible about the crypto, both understand it. and the third is up to what he will do.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:14:27 PM

I think you should surely focus on the utility part of it instead of focusing on the speculation part. Bitcoin is a part of wild cryptocurrency market and the movements on the price chart are almost impossible to predict. While focusing on the utility part, help him to understand the difference between traditional centralised system and innovative decentralized system. Do not force him to invest in Bitcoin but make sure that you are covering every aspect in easy to understand language.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:21:28 PM

Just start by telling the person that bitcoin is just like our fiat currency i.e it is a currency but it is a digital currency. Tell the person the major ideology behind the invention of bitcoin which is making financial transaction decentralize and also fast transaction across border with open legder.
Crash21

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:23:09 PM

Step 1: Learn everything you can about bitcoin, how it works, advatages and disadavatages, make sure you know where is to keep and how to use bitcoin and then you can start making money.
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:23:50 PM

yes really broo we introduce via Blog or youtube it will make it easier for beginners to know Bitcoin and crypto,
But not enough with that they also have to know the risks, and when they will be involved in Bitcoin and their mental crypto must also be strong.
because they will get a lot of money. Grin Grin
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

First, you need to tell him everything about crypto, the meaning, what it is, how it works, and everything that can make him get the idea about crypto so he won't be clueless later.
After that, ask him to make an bitcointalk account and start browsing here. That way, he will learn many other things that you may not explain.
Having an account also can help him if he's going to earn bitcoin here, like joining the campaigns and such. So he can feel the benefit and doesn't regret joining this crypto world.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:38:16 PM

want to get into it.
We should first explain the Aspects and Techniques of Bitcoin itself to people who want to join Bitcoin, then explain also that for beginners there is not much to do especially to get Bitcoin. What a novice should do is how to improve the account's ranking, by making a lot of constructive writing on the forum provided by Bitcoin's moderators. Good luck.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:46:21 PM

You should tell him the advantage and disadvantages of bitcoin then what are the ways to earn bitcoin and how to do it. Like trading, mining, joining signature campaigns and maybe gambling too if he is fond of playing gamble. Then you can starts to tell him the altcoins, ICO, airdrop, bounty campaigns, well it is different than bitcoin but you can just tell him what is altcoin.
RonJohannson

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:05:56 PM

Show him or her how to send it to an address and receive it as well, that step can be frustrating and a barrier to new users. Also help them set up a cold wallet so they know how to safely store bitcoin and not keep it in an exchange.
buzzbeez

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

No matter what have a good hardware ledger. It's the only way you can be secure.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:28:36 PM

There is no step one when someone is asking you about Bitcoin - you need to be knowledgeable to the point of being able to answer all newbie questions.
You can't prepare a plan of the conversation - what if someone asks you about random stuff you have no idea about?
I am not saying that you need to be master of blockchain or know all technical stuff  - just don't be a knob.
Forget about youtube - there is a lot of idiots or newbies there trying to force their opinions on others. Just learn the facts: bitcoin wiki, bitcoin.org, BIPs etc.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:32:32 PM

want to get into it.

It all depends on their interest, from which side they assess bitcoin.

Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.

Crypto is nothing like gambling, a crypto is just a tool or medium you can buy or sell, whereas similar to gambling is an investment business, and in its scheme the investment business is very similar to a gambling called a roulette.
ayesha703

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:33:49 PM

Helping a beginner is a very good thing. But first of all, people come to the crypto market without knowing this. First help or step 1 should be, give them the advice to learn something about crypto. At least what are the pros and cons of the crypto market, each and every newbie should understand that. After knowing about the crypto market if they decided to take part, then we can give them other advice.
kuntet99

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:43:03 PM

want to get into it.

yes first try we know what it is btc and crypto we explain, because understand about btc and kripto it is not easy, it takes a very long time, I am also a beginner but my dear, I want to understand what is btc what is kripto
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:48:40 PM

want to get into it.
First tell them about all advantage /disadvantage about bitcoin / crypto what you know . Then search a blog or youtube channel with your local language which provides good news ,idea , up to date news , about crypto. And show them your btc investment history , And tell them before invest in btc learn more about it, because if anybody who has no patient and is a emotional person , always surface a mental concern after investment. so it should tell them to invest in their own risk.

I agree. The best way to show people something is by example and actual facts. Show them bitcoin in action perhaps get them to sit next to you while you make a bitcoin transaction to purchase something so they can see the real world application. The graphs and things will just add to it.
THough some people are ignorant and you can't really get through to them so people like that I would just ignore.
aizkicaumania

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:53:41 PM

I would gladly help a beginner if it is needed especially since I am from the beginning of work with the team then if I needed I would run it and hopefully what I do is beneficial for the beginner Wink
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

i think nothing much, the only thing there is that you have to download the BTC whitepaper, also go for an additional research.
that's all.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:01:52 PM

Helping a friends/beginners is good. Just let them know the meaning of bitcoin and how risky in it if they invest there money. Just give them 50% of your information but tell them to reaserach very well because google is going to help them just like us when we're newbies.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:27:30 PM

Even though Bitcoins is one way to get rich,I think we should make sure that we tell those who are interested in investing in it that there are indeed some risks involved it t as well so that at the long run, no one is going to blame you for their losses because you convinced them to invest in the first place.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆