Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit, reassessment  (Read 435 times)
Wolfman15 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:46:30 AM
Merited by imunk (1)

Hello.
Everyone already knows that they have introduced a new requirement for raising the title, in connection with which I have a question.
Since the requirement to transfer the rank has been raised, will the reassessment of the transfer to the bounty

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:31:39 AM

The bounties are made by ICOs who has nothing to do with the forum itself so this is something you have to address to the campaign managers and not the administration of the forum.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:54:54 AM
Merited by siddartha1492 (1)

Now i understand why theymos put a merit system,to protect the forum from spam shitposters,and to eliminate account farmers that are creating bitcointalk accounts for a living.This will give our forum high quality posts because you need to earn merits to rank,thus will make your posts high quality than ever before.Well we need to know what will community's reaction to this new system and for me this is a great improvement that will benefit most of the us.

For your question,maybe these campaign manager will increase the requirement of these signature campaigns,the least rank would be member i guess because jr.member below cant have any signatures.

niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:36:13 AM

I have not figured out how it works yet. You can, for example, ask your friend, a friend, to make an assessment? And so we will raise each other's ratings?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:54:28 AM

Hello.
Everyone already knows that they have introduced a new requirement for raising the title, in connection with which I have a question.
Since the requirement to transfer the rank has been raised, will the reassessment of the transfer to the bounty
indeed the best answer for this thread hahaha
merit was created to moderate the new accounts farmers and to those people who have many or multiple accounts on this forum.
so that they will force to create a meaningful and not shitty post that didn't help this forum and just making lots of spams over and over again.
imagine there is people that will create thread that are same as previous post in other days. and also for those newbies who the ones creating non sense post. thats basically why merit comes to work
HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:54:43 AM

Hello.

My merit is still 0, i am quite shocked when i read about this system,
i hope my account will getting merit from other people,
because i'm really going all in in this forum, i hope i can learn everything about crypto space soon.
All hail bitcointalk forum

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:56:52 AM

I still do not get the point for this merit system, i think it was not required, instead there should have been a penalty system, for example, if someone is posting spam or low quality posts then his activity could be reduced by 1 for each spam or low quality post, i hope all the respected forum members will agree with me.

fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

The new ranking system is highly beneficial to the community. With this, we will be more disciplined in creating our posts since almost all threads are already filled with shitposts. And as we go along, I believe revisions will be made on this new rule to further maximize its benefits.
Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:02:50 PM

The bounties are made by ICOs who has nothing to do with the forum itself so this is something you have to address to the campaign managers and not the administration of the forum.

Well I noticed a lot of bounty campaigns had experienced suspensions due to lack of participants and there are a lot bounties are going on at the same time and I notice also that due to lack of participants, the bounty campaign was ended early or before their target date.
I don't know, if this merit system should strictly implemented then higher members are living with bitcointalk campaigns and lower ranks with good quality posts are disappointed.

Lewoll

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:09:09 PM
Merited by kaloloy (1)

The new ranking system is highly beneficial to the community. With this, we will be more disciplined in creating our posts since almost all threads are already filled with shitposts. And as we go along, I believe revisions will be made on this new rule to further maximize its benefits.

I'm thinking it's unfair and biased.
And let's face the fact! Only few members are giving merits and most of them and most of us didn't care if we're reading quality posts or not, we are all just want to post because we want to comply signature bounty campaign quota for the week.
I don't even bother if someone has to agree with my comment.
Everyone deserves to be part of the blockchain technology but seems not everyone is having a chance in this forum.
Too bad for those members that English isn't their native or major language like me.

imunk

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:14:39 PM

Hello.

I know how it feels bro, but it's seem good system to control spammed account, well it also challenging to rank up now

vivavarija

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:28:13 PM

Hello.

My merit is still 0, i am quite shocked when i read about this system,
i hope my account will getting merit from other people,
because i'm really going all in in this forum, i hope i can learn everything about crypto space soon.
All hail bitcointalk forum
My merit was also 0 ,even though I wrote lucid posts, and so and I was not raised to the Member. Me in the day of upgrade rang was downgraded to Newbie,and removed from activity and then returned to Jr. Member with 0 merit. And now I don't understand how can I become a Member!?
On the other hand I agree that it is spam protection,and this innovation will be an incentive for me to write thoughtful posts!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:36:25 PM

Hello.
There's no connection of transferring bounties because of merit. Do you mean to say that the ranking on who are the possible people that can join the bounties? I see some on how they are giving bonuses to those members that has gained some merit. It's still new and there are still more days to pass to see on how those bounties, managers will adopt the system.
I have not figured out how it works yet.
I still do not get the point for this merit system
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

I'm thinking it's unfair and biased.
And let's face the fact! Only few members are giving merits and most of them and most of us didn't care if we're reading quality posts or not, we are all just want to post because we want to comply signature bounty campaign quota for the week.
I don't even bother if someone has to agree with my comment.
Everyone deserves to be part of the blockchain technology but seems not everyone is having a chance in this forum.
Too bad for those members that English isn't their native or major language like me.
i agree with you.  English isn't my native language.  There are pro and con about this merit, if to eradicate shitpost it seems a bit difficult because what I know a lot people are lazy to read the whole thread content, and in order to pursue their rank make a post that not only become spam post, as in bounty thread. For older members who have multiple accounts could have given merit for their mini account. For those who write a good post may not get merit or not get read at all because of too many shit postings, another hand like human nature thinking, I just hard to get merit for what I share to other people. That's my opinion.
I'm apologies if my english isn't good enough
jeni99

Activity: 169

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:05:40 PM

I agree with this new rule because there is a positive effect.
but for jr members who have followed the bounty before there are new rules whether to be removed from the campaign?
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

The only thing I really don't like about merits is that they should better distributed it according to activity. So, activity 390 and activity 250  differ  like 5 months of posting,  and it is not honest, when they don't take this point into consideration and put some members back to the start line

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:15:56 PM

Do you think this is due to the increasing popularity of bounty companies? And Maybe this is the smoothest new part that adds to the account even more interest or turnover? For what specific purposes have this update been introduced to the end, why is it not clear ...
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:26:35 PM

It is a good development, i think the admin was only thinking about the positive aspect of it. What if member of the forum are using it as a means to make money whereby they sell merit to those that needs it.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:39:43 PM

I have not figured out how it works yet. You can, for example, ask your friend, a friend, to make an assessment? And so we will raise each other's ratings?

This is already happening. Look at OP's post. Does it really deserve a merit point for that post? Give me a break. Meanwhile I've gotten 0 merit posts and a ton of other good posts that I've seen also got 0 merit posts. People are already gaming the system, selling accounts with merit points to rank other alts, giving merit points to their own alts... the list goes on.

It's a good idea, I just doubt in it's execution it will have a positive impact. It just establishes another market, the posting quality overall is the same as always from what I can see.
cryptoquality

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

Yes, it is truly beneficial for the community. Since I became member to bitcointalk, I was thinking about some sort of similar approach to increase the quality of the posts because there are a lot of people here is trying to abuse the forum just by posting empty quality messages. I'm hoping that new merit system finally will fix this issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: