Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DO THEY NEED ICO? - more thoughts on authenticity  (Read 175 times)
Liqbo (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:58:53 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:19:41 PM by Liqbo
Merited by Renji Abarai (1)

-
Quite often I find here opinions like: "...they have a very strong team, a working product since number of months... so I will invest!" and every time I think WHY do they need ICO?

It seems to me that having competitive product ready and stront team on place, those guys can start making big bucks with their core business... maybe their goal is to quickly return on investment by crowdsale of  tokens which likely useless for their product?

Honestly, I am in the process of launching ICO too, but I have the following different situation:

DEV.TEAM - just few enthusiasts (very skilled and experienced though)
PRODUCT - have prototype & passed PoC with success
DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION - by our rough estimation, completed by just 20-25% (still long way to go since only core system is prototyped, partner and user interfaces are still to be designed and implemented)

we can continue it with the same team ending in about 3-5 years. It is clear we will make it but we are sure that our idea will be taken and re-produced earlier so it is very essential for us to quickly attract an investment for getting resources, necessary for completing commercial integration and launch in 1-2 years, but the earlier the better.

So back to the subject - is it really worth investing in a live product with still unclear perspectives? I write "unclear" because to my understanding, if product is up and running but fail bringing return, something is wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for your opinion

-

=========     STARTS 25 JANUARY 2018  =========  Liquid Bonus Loyalty EARLY BIRD   =========  ENDS 18 FEBRUARY 2018   =========
DOUBLE YOUR EARLY BIRD INVESTMENT WITH SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION of ICO  -----  DISTRIBUTE 20% BONUS COUPONS AND GET 10% OF INVESTMENT TO YOUR BONUS ACCOUNT

Telegram Channel (@LiquidBonus)  Telegram Group (@LiqBo_SUPPORT)  Twitter (@Liquid_Bonus)   Facebook (@LiquidBonus) Medium (@LiquidBonus) Youtube Channel   Reddit

=========     STARTS 18 FEBRUARY 2018  =========  Liquid Bonus Loyalty ICO   =========  ENDS 30 APRIL 2018   =========
THE FIRST GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED INTEROPERABLE LOYALTY MEDIUM SOLUTION BASED ON STATE-OF-THE-ART SIDECHAIN WITH 2-WAY PEG

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobileware

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

they may need to pay for a marketing campaign?
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:56:20 PM

They need to collect investment for their Project that is why they offer ICOs

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:02:19 PM

Why the ICO is clear. It is very difficult to find funds for investment projects. But a large number of scams make this way of investing is very risky. Probably need to have some insurance. But it is very difficult. A typical example of when a good thing can be spoiled by dishonest people.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:08:15 PM

You need ICO when you are going to be paying developers, expanding your team, infrastructure, marketing etcetera.
The problem is some receive money and just pay themselves.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:22:04 PM

You need ICO when you are going to be paying developers, expanding your team, infrastructure, marketing etcetera.
The problem is some receive money and just pay themselves.

Yes, ICO is an important way to raise funds for development, just like common investments. It is not easy to know it is potential or not, so there is much risk that investors may loss their money.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:24:22 PM

I think ICO is now one of the best way to gain huge funds for starting a project.... team reputation and marketing campaign  is very important  as there are so many ICO...
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

Well... they way I understand it (it might be lame, but I`m no expert).... The ICO`s are sort of shares for a new company. So you invest in that company (which is still just an idea written on a paper)... they get paid and start working... if they do a good job they earn even more money.... so the price of the ICO goes up and we all get more money then our initial investment..... right?  Roll Eyes

loloy

Activity: 182

The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

ICO is needed when launching a new coin ot token to the public so that they could get investments and sell start their project developments because almost all ICOs haven't yet a working product or project, so in order for them to make the project into reality they need funding and more money to effectively develop what needs to be done.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD
loloy

Activity: 182

The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:37:43 PM

Well... they way I understand it (it might be lame, but I`m no expert).... The ICO`s are sort of shares for a new company. So you invest in that company (which is still just an idea written on a paper)... they get paid and start working... if they do a good job they earn even more money.... so the price of the ICO goes up and we all get more money then our initial investment..... right?  Roll Eyes

Indeed, upon ICO, coins and tokens are distributed so investors can start it using though Cryptocurrency exchange and start trading, on the same time the money from ICOs are using it into funding for the product or project development that's the reason why they need to meet their hard Capitals in order to function according to their road maps.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

Project needs an ICO to attract Investors on their great offers selling it with lower price. Also ICO prices can always base the price of a token when it hits exchange. Buyers could actually calculate how much they could spend to buy from dumpers. But it always depends on the progress of the project when after ICO ends..
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:07:43 PM

They need to collect investment for their Project that is why they offer ICOs
Actually, they don't. Well, most people that make a project don't and some people need the money to build a physical product or whatever it is they are trying to buy.
Bitcoin was built without that many people interested in paying to help in the start.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Liqbo (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:13:00 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:20:41 PM by Liqbo

Well... they way I understand it (it might be lame, but I`m no expert).... The ICO`s are sort of shares for a new company. So you invest in that company (which is still just an idea written on a paper)... they get paid and start working... if they do a good job they earn even more money.... so the price of the ICO goes up and we all get more money then our initial investment..... right?  Roll Eyes

Bob has invented a bicycle and went out to getting money for production.

He has attracted good investment So what should he do?

He was about to start bicycle manufacturing and sell them earning well… but no, Bob have begun re-investing in famous advisors, contracted the best PR-agency, bought much of leading press space and booked several top conference speaking slots.

At first glance, everything looks right and natural, but when bikes are reminded, the whole picture turns to be different — hey, Bob is no more who he says he is!

NO GHOSTS or how scam can be identified at the early stage of ICO projects?
https://medium.com/@LiquidBonus/no-ghosts-or-how-scam-can-be-identified-at-the-early-stage-of-ico-projects-fe0a7f3fb2dd

=========     STARTS 25 JANUARY 2018  =========  Liquid Bonus Loyalty EARLY BIRD   =========  ENDS 18 FEBRUARY 2018   =========
DOUBLE YOUR EARLY BIRD INVESTMENT WITH SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION of ICO  -----  DISTRIBUTE 20% BONUS COUPONS AND GET 10% OF INVESTMENT TO YOUR BONUS ACCOUNT

Telegram Channel (@LiquidBonus)  Telegram Group (@LiqBo_SUPPORT)  Twitter (@Liquid_Bonus)   Facebook (@LiquidBonus) Medium (@LiquidBonus) Youtube Channel   Reddit

=========     STARTS 18 FEBRUARY 2018  =========  Liquid Bonus Loyalty ICO   =========  ENDS 30 APRIL 2018   =========
THE FIRST GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED INTEROPERABLE LOYALTY MEDIUM SOLUTION BASED ON STATE-OF-THE-ART SIDECHAIN WITH 2-WAY PEG

Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:16:15 PM

Most ICOs are made for one reason and one reason only: MONEY. Some projects jest need funding and some projects are purely speculative, but I have not seen ICO that don't care about money.
goldexp83

Activity: 225

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:19:03 PM

Many factors, depends on the scope of the project and complexity of the problem they are trying to solve, also possible competition, so you need to raise enough capital to cover different type of cost and boostrapping (build a company without raising funds) can be very though and time consuming since u just rely on your revenues!

Renji Abarai

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:20:19 PM

-
Quite often I find here opinions like: "...they have a very strong team, a working product since number of months... so I will invest!" and every time I think WHY do they need ICO?

It seems to me that having competitive product ready and stront team on place, those guys can start making big bucks with their core business... maybe their goal is to quickly return on investment by crowdsale of  tokens which likely useless for their product?

Honestly, I am in the process of launching ICO too, but I have the following different situation:

DEV.TEAM - just few enthusiasts (very skilled and experienced though)
PRODUCT - have prototype & passed PoC with success
DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION - by our rough estimation, completed by just 20-25% (still long way to go since only core system is prototyped, partner and user interfaces are still to be designed and implemented)

we can continue it with the same team ending in about 3-5 years. It is clear we will make it but we are sure that our idea will be taken and re-produced earlier so it is very essential for us to quickly attract an investment for getting resources, necessary for completing commercial integration and launch in 1-2 years, but the earlier the better.

So back to the subject - is it really worth investing in a live product with still unclear perspectives? I write "unclear" because to my understanding, if product is up and running but fail bringing return, something is wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for your opinion

-

This is also one of my concern and question before. Since ICO mostly are raised to generate funding for the project but as on the investor side, how can this project generate profits? Its very risky indeed, as long as the roadmap is clear and whitepaper is detailed. I hope there is a government regulation before they can lauch an IC where the docs and  feasibility study is approved etc. Just my opinion here.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:22:49 PM

Maybe they need a separate budget for the project and it's better that way in my honest opinion.

sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:27:02 PM

This is just a simplest and fastest way of promoting their products to the community. So they offer rewards to the people who are helping them advertising their products, because without these of course nobody will make investment in you.
Actually, not only in crypto it happened, it also happen in real forms of investment. It could be a best way to attract investors and sold their products.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:35:58 PM

ICO needed for explain whats your project, which in it roadmap, whitepaper, and developer team. ICO also need to collect funds, and that is for sustainability project. to get succesful project,  they need comunity, big comunity, who always support

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:48:48 PM

actually one can say that ICO these days has becoming more of a scheme rather than a proper introduction to the cryptocurrency community since i saw some companies after ICO has lack of development and initiative from the team to properly introduce their coin after gathering funds.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: