Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation Board Elections 2013  (Read 2931 times)
klaus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

Gibt es zur anstehenden Wahl bzw. zu den Kandidaten Meinungen?

Hat sich jemand hier aus dem Forum zur Wahl aufstellen lassen? (Ich jedenfalls nicht).

Zeitplan:

Primary election
Begin: Monday, September 2
End: Sunday, September 8
There are 14 confirmed candidates for the individual seat, and 7 for the industry seat. 
In the primary election, the top 5 individual candidates and top 3 industry candidates will be chosen to move onto the final election. 
Primary election results will be announced on Monday, September 9.

Final election
Begin: Monday, September 16
End: Sunday, September 22
One final candidate for each seat will be chosen. Election results will be announced the week of September 23.

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
klaus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:51:43 PM

Jörg Platzer
Running for: Individual Seat

Statement of Qualifications:

20 years in strategic corporate communications, interactive branding and information architecture.

cecg.biz / Room77 / BitcoinKiez / Crypto-Charity

Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 04:13:22 AM

Here's the official Joerg Platzer candidate thread over on the Bitcoin Foundation forum:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/344-individual-candidate-joerg-platzer/

I'll go ahead and quote Joerg's posts here for the edification of those who don't have access to the Foundation forum:

Who am I?

My name is Joerg Platzer, I am 46 years old and I live in Berlin, Germany.

In early 2011 I co-founded the Crypto Economics Consulting Group, which aims to smooth our society's transition to a crypto economy and to roll out Bitcoin in the real world. I also operate ROOM77, a bar and restaurant in Berlin's Kreuzberg district, which is said to be the first bricks-and-mortar business in the world to accept Bitcoin and which is nowadays a meeting point for Bitcoiners, Cypherpunks and Cryptonerds from all over Europe and even the world.

I have an education in industrial business management. I freelanced for about twenty years as a high-level consultant in strategic corporate communications and interactive branding and as an information architect and ran several businesses for the time they made sense. During those years I also spent most of my spare time on hacktivism and civil rights projects.

I have spent the last two years of my life promoting Bitcoin.

Why am I doing this?

I accepted the nomination for the Bitcoin Foundation Board of Directors because I believe that we need someone in this position who is dedicated to bringing Bitcoin to the people, not to banks and governments.

That we need someone there who does this job because his heart beats for the rise of a crypto economic society, not someone who does it to promote and secure his business, who wants to make a carreer in Washington or who sees Bitcoin as a perfect vehicle to his own personal success.

That we need someone who has the visionary freedom and capacity to see that there is so much more to the birth of this technology than a cool new payment system.

That we need someone who's intention is to make the Bitcoin economy more resiliant against cooption by banks and regulators instead of cozying up to them.

The latter outnumber the former by far right now, be it on the board of directors or amongst the nominees for the new seats.

If you want to change that I am your guy.

In case you want to find out more about my spirit and motivations please check:

http://videos.arte.tv/de/videos/eine-internet-waehrung-aus-algorithmen--6988468.html
(on the evening news in German and French, about a year ago)

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/apr/26/bitcoins-gain-currency-in-berlin
(in English, in case you want to watch it again )

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/can-germany-really-tax-bitcoin
(one of the latest interviews I gave)

joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 06:15:53 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 06:33:32 AM by joecooin

Moin!

Ich bin nominiert worden und habe aktzeptiert, weil ich das für eine gute Gelegenheit halte, mal den einen oder anderen Standpunkt an die Wand zu schreiben und was zu sagen.

Sowas wie (hole mal aus hinter der Paywall der Foundation hervor):

snip--->

Internationalisation

> If the eye of Sauron is upon you GTFO of Mordor!

The foundation is based in and under the jurisdiction of the US of A. The USA is an absurdly overregulated economy with a regime that is trying to abolish privacy in all aspects of people's lives and thus the most hostile environment for Bitcoin on this planet. The fact that the majority of the current members of the foundation board runs rather big businesses that are dependend on the goodwill of that regime does not really make things better.

It is a no-brainer to demand the foundation being internationalised and based in a more freedom-affine country that embraces innovation instead of trying to keep the status quo by all means. We should promote the creation of several independant foundations, associations, societies or organisations, be they defined geographically or focussed on certain aspects of crypto economics or certain goals of their members.

Any satoshi spent on 'lobbying for Bitcoin in Washington' is an irresponsible waste of money donated by members of the Bitcoin community in good faith. And it will take us exactly nowhere.

Freedom of Transaction

> The trigger to a new economic singularity

Freedom of transaction should actually be listed amongst other basic human rights just like freedom of opinion and freedom of speech. It is not, for the trivial reason that there was never a need to demand it because we simply always had freedom of transaction in our cash-based past.

We are watching a moment in history, where transaction all of a sudden becomes global, instantanious and anonymous from human to human.

Money though is only quantifiable human energy and every transaction is the flow of that energy or value. That means that we are entering an age in which the untraceable free flow of human energy in split seconds around the globe becomes a reality.

This very possibility will change the way we interact, make contracts, conduct business and carry out transactions beyond anything we can now imagine or for which we even have words now. The boost of economic growth and wealth for everybody involved cannot even be envisioned now, we can merely estimate that it will have an impact similar to that of the neolithic or industrial revolutions.

Now even though there are entities in our society that derive their power from controlling, channeling, taxing and permitting or not permitting this monetary flow these days are over with the advent of crypto currency.

Let's promote and foster this new reality of the free flow of human energy for the benefit of all of us!

<---snap

Ich finde einfach, die Foundation muss mal gehörig ihre Prioritäten ändern. Drum nehm' ich da teil, damit ich so 'ne old-school Bitcoin-Enthusiast-Standpunkte mal wieder auf den Tisch legen kann. Bin da quasi ein Krypto-Konservativer Wink.

Joe

klaus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:35:49 AM

Du warst doch nach eigenen Angaben 'der "Seeder" des silber.de Forums.'

Sehr sympatisch !

klaus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:34:57 AM

Hier der Fred:

Joecoin gg. das Silber.de Forum Ende 2012
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126921.0;all

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:04:27 PM

meine stimme hat er. ich bin auch nicht gerade überall und jederzeit seiner meinung, aber die foundation ist momentan doch eine ziemliche meinungsmonokultur. die scheinen teilweise echt zu glauben, der erfolg von bitcoin ist direkt proportional zur quadratmeterfläche, die man in washington mit lobbyistenärschen bekleben kann. da könnte es wirklich nicht schaden, eine nordeuropäische perspektive mit im board zu haben.
seine erfolgschancen sind allerdings schwer einzuschätzen. immerhin sind 48% der mitglieder aus den usa und ich befürchte, denen ist nicht recht klar, dass internationale ausrichtung tatsächlich auch was mit dem ausland zu tun hat.
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 06:26:22 PM

klaus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:50:45 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 11:50:35 AM by klaus

// snipp

Here are the primary election results for the Individual and Industry seats being added to the Bitcoin Foundation board of directors:

INDIVIDUAL SEAT
Elizabeth T. Ploshay (30.0%)
Trace Mayer (17.1%)
Ben Davenport (16.8%)
Joerg Platzer (16.8%)
Luke Dashjr (7.1%)
INDUSTRY SEAT

Meyer (Micky) Malka (68.6%)
Tony Gallippi (8.6%)
Jaron Lukasiewicz (8.6%)

These candidates will appear on the ballot for the final election, which will be held September 16-22.

snapp //

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:41:35 PM

Schade, dass Joe nicht besser abgeschnitten hat. Die einzige Frau räumt wohl das Feld ab... Wink

Joe's kritische Ansichten sind absolut unterstützenswert. Leider ist es wahrscheinlich so, dass die Lobbyismus-Kritiker erst gar nicht Mitglied bei der lobby-verseuchten Bitcoinfoundation werden. Zumindest ist das bei mir der Fall.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:36:47 PM

Hell yeah, Jörg ist in der Endrunde! :-)

Schade, dass Joe nicht besser abgeschnitten hat.

Ganz im Gegenteil: Was glaubst du, wie "denen" das wehtut? Jemand, der klar ansagt, was dort falschläuft? Der den Lobbyismus klar benennt, deutlich zeigt dass es aktuell entgegen der Community läuft? Und dann auch noch unter den Finalisten ist?!?
Ich freue mich, und hoffe auf noch mehr!

Eigentlich dachte ich ja dass Bitcoin sich in die Mitte der Weltfinanzen schleicht und zeigt, was dort alles falsch läuft.
Jetzt lässt sich Jörg durch die zahlenden Members in die Mitte des Boards wählen, um die ganze stinkende Lobbyarbeit unter Kontrolle zu bringen.
Ironie? Ich habe Spaß!

Ente

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:59:29 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 01:37:58 PM by bernard75

Meine Stimme hat er auch gekriegt, aber ich mach mir da keine Illusionen, die Foundation ist fest in amerikanischer Hand und obwohl das wahrscheinlich das schlechteste Land zum Vertreten der Coins ist, wird sich daran auch nichts ändern.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:33:02 AM

Meine Stimme hat er auch gekriegt, aber ich mach mir da keine Illusionen, die Foundation ist fest in amerikanischer Hand und obwohl das wahrscheinlich das schlechteste Land ist, wird sich daran auch nichts ändern.

..du bleibst in zwei Wochen dann auch Zuhause, oder?

Ente
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:50:44 AM

ja
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:17:45 AM

Wollt ihr nicht im englischsprachigen Board Wahlwerbung für Jörg Patzer betreiben? Soweit ich es überblicke, genießt Deutschland dort einen sehr guten Ruf und viele würden es begrüßen, wenn ein Deutscher mit an Board wäre.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:54:45 PM

Hell yeah, Jörg ist in der Endrunde! :-)

Schade, dass Joe nicht besser abgeschnitten hat.

Ganz im Gegenteil: Was glaubst du, wie "denen" das wehtut? Jemand, der klar ansagt, was dort falschläuft? Der den Lobbyismus klar benennt, deutlich zeigt dass es aktuell entgegen der Community läuft? Und dann auch noch unter den Finalisten ist?!?

Wem soll das weh tun? Wer sind "die"?
Jörg Platzer wird in der Bitcoin Foundation keineswegs als Störenfried wahrgenommen, falls du das meinst.

Den Lobbyismus klar zu benennen, ist genau genommen nicht nötig, da sich die Foundation offen dazu bekennt.
Ihn zu kritisieren, ist ein wertvoller Beitrag, den Jörg tatsächlich leistet.

Wer sagt, dass es "entgegen der Community läuft"?
Ist das der Konsens bei bitcointalk.org?
Oder lediglich deine subjektive Meinung?

Eigentlich dachte ich ja dass Bitcoin sich in die Mitte der Weltfinanzen schleicht und zeigt, was dort alles falsch läuft.
Jetzt lässt sich Jörg durch die zahlenden Members in die Mitte des Boards wählen, um die ganze stinkende Lobbyarbeit unter Kontrolle zu bringen.

Nun, ich gehe nicht davon aus, dass er gewählt wird.
Ob Lobbyarbeit stinkt oder nicht, sei einmal dahin gestellt.
Sie stellt aber wohl ein notwendiges Übel dar.

Meine Stimme hat Jörg übrigens nicht, schon alleine, weil ich als Bayer keinen Berliner wählen kann Tongue
Nein, im Ernst, wen ich wähle, geht niemanden etwas an.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:04:18 PM

Ach kommt! Als würdet ihr nicht das Chick wählen!

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:04:36 PM

[schnipp]
Oder lediglich deine subjektive Meinung?
[/schnapp]

Yepp. Würde mich wundern wenn jemand das nicht als meine persönliche Meinung identifizieren könnte.

Und wie immer:
Freut mich ja schon wenn jemand überhaupt wählen geht.. ;-)

Ente
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:21:17 PM

Und wie immer:
Freut mich ja schon wenn jemand überhaupt wählen geht.. ;-)

Also, ich wähle nicht.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:23:42 PM

Finalist!

Gratuliere Jörg.

Du würdest dort bestimmt etwas frischen Wind reinringen, damit die dort nicht nur alle einträchtig im Chor singen.  Grin

Schade, dass es wahrscheinlich ein Ami-Verein bleibt, aber toll das du so weit gekommen bist.

Bin mal gespannt auf die Ergebnisse der finalen Wahl.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: