Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moon phases , a real market predictor?  (Read 118 times)
Radius111 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:07:52 AM

Hello Guys and Girls,

Many say the moon and its different phases have an impact on earthly life (and who knows on what more).
Look at the tides of the sea, moving forth and back (just like numbers on a trading chart moving up and down) - - >  all because of the moon's impact.
Is it possible that the different moon phases have an impact on human behavior,  in particularly the trading behaviour?

I did some investigation, and I saw some amazing results..
I looked up a moon calendar 2017, this one >  https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/
As you can see on the calendar there are four moon phases displayed :
-New Moon - First Quarter - Full Moon - Third Quarter.

I noted down dates from different moon phases and looked up those dates in coinmarketcap- and forexcharts to see what was happening with human trading behaviour.

To name 1 example:
The Full Moon dates compared to the historic charts show
1: a peak or valley position
2: a couple of days before the full moon 'till a couple of days after the full moon an uptrend, sometimes huge.
And more... I encourage you to have a look as well.

Same with the Bitcoin BOOM which trend was going upward, compare it with the moon phases and you'll be surprised what you'll see (at least I am)
There are lots of articles to find on the web which give trading considerations/advice on moon-trading. Of course it's not 100% guaranteed that something is happening at a specific moon phase day, but 80% it is. (as far as my investigation goes, up until this moment, now)

I encourage you to have a little investigation and compare some of the moon phase-dates and compare them with the charts info.

Tip: a monthly chart view gives you a great overview.

31st January 2018 is full moon, what are you going to do?

Me? I am going to use the mooncycles and implement them in my trades.

Praise to the moon!

QuitDough

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:03:39 AM

its hard to make analytics on old moons
becose before bitcoin was not so strong
Remember when mtgox got hacked ?
btc price goes down for 80-87% at some days only.

And what for now ?
Hackers hacked 500mil nem and nem got only -9% down
Markets very strong now so easy man we a safe Smiley
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:27:53 PM

Interesting theory.The moon can influence the emotional behaviour of many people and this has been proven before.Many traders can`t control their emotions and they fall into panic ,when some event occurs on the market.Perhaps the moon phases are causing increased bitcoin price fluctuations,but i`m pretty sure that nobody can prove this.Nevertheless,i wouldn`t rely solely on the Moon in my trading strategy. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: