Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Survival of the fittest  (Read 763 times)
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:02:07 PM

I also believe that only the strongest coins will survive. It seems to me that promising coins are all coins with their own blockchain, exchange coins and private coins. These categories of projects will always be in demand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:46:32 PM

It's true that a lot will die but...99%? Way too much.

I am not very worried about this because...NOW there are a lot of cryptos that are useless and I would never put my money in them, so they are ALREADY dead for me. I don't care if they show up in CMC, do GitHub updates or what. They simply don't exist for me.

I am sure all my actual PF cryptos will be alive by 2020. Should their value be worth, is another subject Grin
It would just totally end up on peoples preference and decisions and beliefs but no one really knows on upcoming years to come if these coins would be good as dead or might able to rise up from the dead. We do already have lots of coins in the market and most of them arent really necessary at all to exist. Only potential coins would really able to sustain or survive in the end specially to those coins who do have their own blockchain.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:52:51 PM

This is also because a lot more new ICOs become fraud and people would rather choose bitcoin than altcoins. If this continues, its possible that only the popular coins will be left. For a thousand of Altcoins, i think just 10% will be left on hand. This is also a proof that bitcoin still is not dying unlike those who accuses it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

This is also because a lot more new ICOs become fraud and people would rather choose bitcoin than altcoins. If this continues, its possible that only the popular coins will be left. For a thousand of Altcoins, i think just 10% will be left on hand. This is also a proof that bitcoin still is not dying unlike those who accuses it.
Many accuses it, its not new since they don't trust its technology. And since there are too many news that spread beforehand. It will take time before they will regret not buying it the moment they knew it, like what happens in some alt that are worth having.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 12:10:40 AM by goyald2801

I think at the end of 2020 only the fittest coins will survive the cryptocurrency market. By fit, I mean the most use cases such as Ethereum. There will be market leaders like Ethereum, Bitcoin and others. And along with them the coins which serve to a whole particular industry which have already accepted the coin for their use will survive and rebuild the whole crypto world.  

every year many projects die , nothing new .
4 yrs back many coins were there which are now not even in cmc .
they are only projects which gain hype for few months and later without any real product get rekt .
rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:00:26 AM

yes i agree with you .
specially those coins which are only copying other projects will fail in long term .
you should have unique project for success .
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:27:59 PM

I think at the end of 2020 only the fittest coins will survive the cryptocurrency market. By fit, I mean the most use cases such as Ethereum. There will be market leaders like Ethereum, Bitcoin and others. And along with them the coins which serve to a whole particular industry which have already accepted the coin for their use will survive and rebuild the whole crypto world. 
I'm not so sure about this, yes most coins will disappear, but that is exactly what is happening right now and yet with have more than one thousand coins even if 90% of those coins disappeared what guarantees you that more coins are not going to appear in that time period? The truth is we must accept that for a very long time there are going to be thousands of projects that are not worth our time and there are trying to get our money just to enrich themselves.

I don't think he is saying that no new coins will come. Coins have died over the years, for sure. But this year will see a lot of ICO coins "die" or at least show signs of failure. By this, I mean that all those projects that raised millions will have been identifying targets on roadmap objectives this year and... if not met, their supporters will realize things aren't so healthy.

New coins will always enter, even more this year than ever before. But the days of every alt eventually growing will be past. And then we'll have to be much more careful.
But that is nothing really new, don't you think? I read an article that said that 50% of the altcoins that were launched last year have already failed, and to be honest I'm not surprised at all since many icos are not worth our time, and you must take into account that percentage was 50% in a very good year, what do you think the percentage it's going to be in this year which has not been very good for us?
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:36:34 PM

Few users have stated that the project needs to be unique to be successful. That's the true fact, but it is not that complicated because ethereum is the common element. Developers just modify things to get the best and to make platforms separate to ethereum similar to waves, neo, cardano were too complicated.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kimjenglot

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:25:35 AM

they allege that bitcoin is dying to lower bitcoin prices, so they can buy Bitcoin at a cheap price. indeed the number of ICO that lately deceive to make the price of some coin results from ICO to fall in price in the market
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:49:00 AM

I look forward in 2020 and see your not absolutely right for there will be new alts will enter this crypto world. It is unending to come and go coins that possible to success or to lose in due time. No wonder that there are so many alts now in the market but at 2020 I am not sure if what coins will stay.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:14:50 AM

Most of the coins we have in the market today has the potential to survive and we are going to see must of them performing beyond ourimagination. Bitcoin is going to actually remain the leader of cryptocurrencies and we should not think that it is going to be alone coin and others coins will be competing between themselves.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:17:55 AM

Most of the coins we have in the market today has the potential to survive ...
Especially for those who are in top 10 in coincapmarket ,right ?
I have faith on them so I try to invest some of them but not all ( ETH, BTG,BCH,and BCD )
Everybody looking forward to see the amazing progress !

Smiley
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:47:45 AM

No one can really tell. Each coin or project is backed up or being supported by community of investors who truly believes in their token or coin. I know that there are lots of undervalued coins in the market some of them were called shitcoins but people or the devs behind these coins are doing there best to pump the value of their coins as much as possible overtime. This is just a matter of who gives up supporting and pumping their coins. May the best people behind every project wins. Advertising and pumping your coin or introducing it to a large group of investors will make a shitcoin be valued over time. Remember that crypto values are very volatile and each coin plays different roles and functionalities in the cryptoworld so we'll just try to wait what the future brings.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 08:52:57 AM

I agree with you. Day by day also there are coins being eliminated in coinmarketcap like Infinity pay,CRTM,Ereal and many more tokens and for sure Centra will follow.The other token project even not scam but lost their volume I think has been removed from CMC. The strong and legit ones will prevail and survive for long term.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:24:35 AM

The true value of a coin will only be uncovered when the pump and dumper groups leave. What can you learn from this? Either take the hard road, where you become a speculator and ride the charts, or the easier one by identifying the worthy coins and investing in them at a time like this one, where fear and the unknown is in the market. Then just watch as the coin breaks boundaries and your investment in its value increases naturally.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

This is very true, one the best project will be there in 2020, for now most of these projects are just relying on the current wide west of a thing, I can't wait to see the Googles of the Crypto, the thing I just think would result is that the best projects are not yet conceived, except BTC, I don't think I can vouch for another project for now
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

I don't think so. I think as long as the coin has a good backup, project development, and a team that has a good consistent performance, the coin should continue to grow in the future and will become more profitable. Nowadays, when we talk about cryptocurrencies, it is not all about bitcoin or ethereum anymore since there are also good ICOs that are existing right now.

Bountyx1

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:16:22 PM

By this time, most likely the crypto industry will spread so that there will be even more scam-projects with their shitcoins, because there will be a lot of people in this tied, respectively, there will be more fools and scam-projects will find something to earn. It is too early to talk about the dominance of the top10 cryptocurrencies/projects.
cryptorobbo

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:00:25 PM

I think it is not that important if the project is new or old. Old ones have a more experienced team, well-known in the community and can upgrade and improve their projects. But new ones create platforms that are easy-to-use, technically they offer amazing possibilities, and can perform functions of two or even three other coins. But it is very hard to define which ones will go and which ones will stay. For me, ZIL, WAN, AION coins are, as to say, new generation coins, and NXT is old-school that might go away.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:10:57 PM

I also believe that only the strongest coins will survive. It seems to me that promising coins are all coins with their own blockchain, exchange coins and private coins. These categories of projects will always be in demand.
We have already seen lots of altcoins in the market which i do see that most of them are trash and also most of them flooding out with erc20 tokens which they do rely on eth platform.I agree on what you have said that only coins will able to survive are to those ones who do have their own chain compared on using up other platform.We do already see the potential ones which are mostly on the top of the cap.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████