Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else extremely frustrated?  (Read 5119 times)
bliljerk101

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:47:34 AM

I, for one, have been "lurking" the bitcoin scene for a year or so and I finally want to get into the game. Unfortunately, it seems like it's become damn near impossible to conveniently buy any. Angry  Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else just want to vent?

Yes... I am very frustrated :< It takes 30+ days just for a coinbase account to be verified. I want to start trading on Mt Gox, but I am weary of the USD withdrawals. I just read a huge thread on here suggesting that their USD withdrawals are severely unreliable.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:25:12 AM

As everyone has stated, either link in my sig will get your wallet flush with BTC.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:47:22 AM

I recently bought my first bitcoin using #bitcoin-otc on irc.freenode.net

The reputation system relies on you being able to set up OpenPGP (of which gpg is an implementation).

My advice: PayPal and Bitcoin don't mix. I prefer Money Orders myself.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
MrHempstock

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:22:49 AM

I recently bought my first bitcoin using #bitcoin-otc on irc.freenode.net

With an Activity of 546?
Really? I think I hear Penn & Teller coming...

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:23:22 AM

I, for one, have been "lurking" the bitcoin scene for a year or so and I finally want to get into the game. Unfortunately, it seems like it's become damn near impossible to conveniently buy any. Angry  Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else just want to vent?

Explain what you mean a bit more, I'd be glad to help.

BTC Long.
phillipsjk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 06:46:51 AM

With an Activity of 546?

Still have not got my ducks in a row. I can't actually spend the coins I bought 2 weeks ago because I don't currently have a secure computer set-up. The receive address was generated off-line with a Knoppix LiveDVD and Vanitygen. The private key is stored in two locations 10km apart, so I still have my Bitcoin if I survive a city destroying event.

It is possible I am being *too* paranoid.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
id5

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:28:13 AM

With an Activity of 546?

Still have not got my ducks in a row. I can't actually spend the coins I bought 2 weeks ago because I don't currently have a secure computer set-up. The receive address was generated off-line with a Knoppix LiveDVD and Vanitygen. The private key is stored in two locations 10km apart, so I still have my Bitcoin if I survive a city destroying event.

It is possible I am being *too* paranoid.

Is the money in your wallet as safe?
phillipsjk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 07:40:33 AM

No, but I keep the bulk of my FIAT in a bank account which is covered by CDIC. It is also not possible to remotely steal FIAT from my wallet.

bliljerk101

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:25:16 AM

As everyone has stated, either link in my sig will get your wallet flush with BTC.

I said that I used coinbase in my post, but I already maxed out the purchases they will let me make. I have to wait 30 days for my account to be verified before my limit increases, and by then BTC value could be way higher. It's very inconvenient.

Also... localbitcoins does not work for me. Although I am a US citizen, I'm currently residing in China. While here, I have not had any luck with that site.
glf

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:10:52 PM

Well, You can always use an exchange Smiley
elor70

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:12:56 PM

If you cant buy you can earn/buy

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

I'm frustrated that people that do have BTC refuse to buy any thing/service I offer.

Why would they buy things? They need to hoard their coins until they can buy a smaller country for a single one.
MrHempstock

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:15:46 PM

I said that I used coinbase in my post, but I already maxed out the purchases they will let me make. I have to wait 30 days for my account to be verified before my limit increases, and by then BTC value could be way higher. It's very inconvenient.

Also... localbitcoins does not work for me. Although I am a US citizen, I'm currently residing in China. While here, I have not had any luck with that site.

Try btcQuick.com, you might have more luck there. I guess it depends on if there's is a compatible bank near you.

ChompingAtTheBit (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:04:01 AM

So I decided on going with Coinbase. I'm supposed to get the coins by the 6th, so we'll see how this works. Smiley
rqm

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:17:25 PM

i was like you 12 days ago. Where you from?
If you're from europe, enter bitstamp.net and make a SEPA transfer to the account it says. It's very very fast and easy.
You can also use localbitcoins.com and buy bitcoins (more expensive)
Or there are some places to buy it with a credit card online... never used.
zwanzig20

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:07:57 PM

i was like you 12 days ago. Where you from?
If you're from europe, enter bitstamp.net and make a SEPA transfer to the account it says. It's very very fast and easy.
You can also use localbitcoins.com and buy bitcoins (more expensive)
Or there are some places to buy it with a credit card online... never used.

Sepa towards gox works as well. Getting the money of GOx is a different story..
gigatux

Activity: 343

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:25:50 PM

...Bittylicious in the UK (BTC0,5 max per purchase)...

That's not quite true. It's 0.5 BTC max for people that don't want to register their email. The amount goes up as you register, validate your phone number and then be an existing customer for a few days or weeks.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:28:07 PM

Private individuals (this forum!)

Localbitcoins.com

Also:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0

Sayulita is trustworthy.

BTC Long.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:50:53 PM

...Bittylicious in the UK (BTC0,5 max per purchase)...

That's not quite true. It's 0.5 BTC max for people that don't want to register their email. The amount goes up as you register, validate your phone number and then be an existing customer for a few days or weeks.

That's true. I use your site frequently so should probably register, but the BTC0,5 limit doesn't bother me that much at the moment 'cause I'm not fiat rich. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
whitedav

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:44:14 PM

how to buy bitcoins guide:

you can try research coinlab - I heard people say its the easiest way .
Other way is to find a good reputation person in irc bitcoin-otc... this is if you find a good howto on gpg and how to use the system - the site is bitcoin-otc.org or .com ...

There is the bitcoin wiki too.

And finally localbitcoins.com - go there - search for a person in same country / continent and see good reputation and price - then use bank transfer to buy...

Thats it  - good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: