Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking is the Big Problem  (Read 2398 times)
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:15:08 AM

I just know this news from here try to review the news first maybe just false news if it is true can be traced to look for hackers although it is difficult to need expert help in the field may be caught over time so we must be vigilant and careful. if anything strange
Yes it is happening but safety is the matter right now as a lot of websites people use for exchanging are fake, people will have to be very careful in this regard and don’t keep your coin in exchanger anymore.

It is not good to trust anyone in case of bitcoin, at first you should not have bitcoin hold for long time as if you get profit try to cash out as fast as possible, secondly you should use bitcoin wallet as now in market a lot of wallets are available. I use blockchain as it is very easy to use and reliable to cash out any time.
chinaprofitpro

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:17:58 PM

Some rules of keeping money in exchanges:
First: Create a new email with gmail dot com . Enable 2factory authorization  in it.
Second:  USE NEW PASSWORD for every exchange you’ve registered. Don’t use same password on other sites. Sites may be compromised and password may be picked UP.
Third:Enable 2factory authorization on every exchange and email notifications  if it’s available, and change different passwords in it.
Next : Don’t use simple password like private information as SSN, date of birth, place of live and so on (there are a lot of private and not private sources, where you can buy this information).  It’s better to use a word like - Calculator with specific symbols ,than your private information.
Fifth: Don’t download apps with unknown or not authorized sites.
Sixth:  Don’t tell others that you are making money via crypto (bandits can monitor you and forcing you to send them money)
p.s. If EXCHANGES is HACKED- they must return money.))))
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:14:05 PM

it's important to have a strong and unique password. If the password is not strong then it is very easy for hackers to guess your password with brute force. Or we can use the password management tool.
For me it's safe to secure my account and wallet.
But I think there is no absolute security, can only minimize the occurrence ...

Maybe there is another better way, please tell me ..
Exchanges aren't really that secure. What if the hacking incident was an inside job having strong security (2fa) and passwords is no help to us.

The only solution to avoid this is already said by Omega which is to withdraw your funds when you're not trading. If it's expensive to withdraw convert them to altcoins so fees won't bother you. Doing this on a daily basis could be frustrating  but at least your money is safe from the hackers.

There is no perfect solution, as withdrawing funds requires a fee and you can´t really put a stop loss unless you are on a exchange, so you are not ready for the dips.
Riverviwa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

Have some good security features that will leap your money safe.
LolEnergyXglossy5

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:29:16 PM

Try to secure your wallets with toughest passwords I think so none other way can work
TwitterTreasure6

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:29:12 PM

iF you are a bitcoiners you have to cope up these situations no matter what happens
TheROBER

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:27:44 PM

It is safe in your wallet, but if you trade then you know the risks.
hunter50

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:22:05 AM

Yes. Hacking is the big problem and hack isn't a good way for you to get the funds.most of the hacks targets online wallets for the security you can exchange usually finding an exploit on the exchange may let the withdraw convert them to altcoing so fees won't bother you.only use exchange site on trading not for your wallet.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:58:51 AM

it's important to have a strong and unique password. If the password is not strong then it is very easy for hackers to guess your password with brute force. Or we can use the password management tool.
For me it's safe to secure my account and wallet.
But I think there is no absolute security, can only minimize the occurrence ...

Maybe there is another better way, please tell me ..
Exchanges aren't really that secure. What if the hacking incident was an inside job having strong security (2fa) and passwords is no help to us.

The only solution to avoid this is already said by Omega which is to withdraw your funds when you're not trading. If it's expensive to withdraw convert them to altcoins so fees won't bother you. Doing this on a daily basis could be frustrating  but at least your money is safe from the hackers.

There is no perfect solution, as withdrawing funds requires a fee and you can´t really put a stop loss unless you are on a exchange, so you are not ready for the dips.
First and foremost, you do not even have to be on an exchange before being hacked. Carelessly leaving private keys or not verifying a site and inputting your private key alone on a phishing site totally makes an account vulnerable as well as every asset in it. The only solution is to learn how to be safe and be very smart about it.

There are so many options to keep assets offline and the reason people always talk about not leaving everything in an exchange is so as to not end up getting your asset messed up since you do not have the private keys to your wallet. This necessarily does not have anything to do with trading, but at least enabling 2FA on any exchange is still a good step to being secured.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:45:07 AM

If you get hacked than its your own fault. If you play smart and don't do anything stupid, you can avoid getting hacked and lose your money.
Exchanges do/can get hacked. So that is why everyone recommends not to store your coins on an exchange for a long time. And also always choose a very trusted exchange when trading coins.
Theres no such trusted exchange yet all of them do really have the possibilities on getting hacked.Theres no assurance anytime since anything on this online space do really have hackers which can penetrate security and this is why as a trader or investor we should think off on these possibilities and only store up few amounts of coins on various exchange. Better to be wary than sorry.
Obviously, and that is the reason it has been reiterated so many times on this exchange that no one should ever put their funds in an exchange as long as they are not trading and even if they are trading they should take security very seriously and not put what they cannot afford to lose.

There is really no assurance, but I am sure we are getting there, and it will also take each individual to start taking security of their funds seriously by making use of all the available security to secure their funds.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

If you get hacked than its your own fault. If you play smart and don't do anything stupid, you can avoid getting hacked and lose your money.
Exchanges do/can get hacked. So that is why everyone recommends not to store your coins on an exchange for a long time. And also always choose a very trusted exchange when trading coins.
It is just carelessness and total disregard to security of one's funds that makes someone fall a victim of hackers. There is so much that is going around regarding security and I just do not know why some people still fail to follow some pretty little security rules and then come putting the whole blame on the idea that security is a problem. Those who get hacked are just careless, plain simple.
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:12:20 AM

Exchanges are created to trade, not to hold your money.

When you're not trading, it's safest to keep your COINS in your wallet. You just need to keep your passwords.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:53:16 AM

There are already countless measures used to prevent hacking but hackers always find ways to get ahead in technology. if modern technology gave us numerous benefits by using it, it will also give us serious problems because it can be use by someone to steal valuable information from you computer. Frequent upgrade in security is needed to avoid being hacked in the future. Developing more secure environment should also be pursued to keep up abreast with the newest development in technology.

For government related projects and private concerns will implement the hacking firewall but the bitcoin related implementation does not done to any so you cannot say government is implementimg hacking firewall. That would be false information.
They just banned the ICO and cryoto investment alone.
Hackers are always looking for avenues where most people entering the crypto field are either immature when it comes to security and they can end up being vulnerable. Most people do not know that it is very essential to take security very seriously at the present age. Hackers are everywhere, they are looking for those to devour and anyone who walks the internet jungle carelessly will definitely get devoured.
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:33:00 AM

You need to be very careful, take it seriously, change your passwords each time (and hard ones), keep your coins stored on different wallets and, if is possible, keep them stored without connection while you are not using them. And once you learn to live with that, hacking will be a problem, of course, but not the Big Problem that will provoke the end of crypto currency.

RedLock also launched a report this February explaining that nowadays hackers are more interested on hack computers for mining than for steal data. So, if I have to choose I prefer that they take energy of my computer than that they steal my passwords and my crypto...

Owl129

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:43:04 AM

In cases like hacking is inevitable, security is always the issue in these situations where money is involved. There are some issue concerning hacking of private key hacking of digital wallet and others. As a user and holder of coins we must be aware of these hackings. There are many security system we must know everything about the security of our coins, always be careful of the passwords and private keys so that we can avoid these kinds of hacking problems.

highquA1

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:15:28 PM

It is a problem only if you keep on trading and exchanging. 
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:13:02 PM

You don't. Hacks target the exchanges wallet by finding exploits and not the user accounts separately. If you want your funds to be safe, use exchanges for trading only and withdraw to your personal wallet.

Listen to him. What he is are saying is true. The problem lies on the system itself of the exchanges. But there is no way that they can hack your hardware wallet unless they force you to spit out your seed, or when you get phished online. Almost all exchanges nowadays are only came from scratch and some don't even know that their exchange will reach that far, that's why they are having a real deal maintaining the security of their exchanges. Imagine if some reputable company (facebook for example) decided to have a cryptocurrency exchange and the people that are working there has an A++ degrees in different fields of computer in the most prestigious universities. Do you think that they can still put a dent in their security? Give it time and these exchanges will improve too. In the meantime don't fully trust them and always leave your funds in your own personal wallet.
Even if they had rock solid security we must never trust in exchanges completely that is the whole point of bitcoin, we need to have control over our own coins and use exchanges only when you need it, traders do not have too much of a choice but for the rest of us leaving our coins in an exchange is a terrible option since you are trusting that a third party service keeps your coins safe and does not exit scam you.
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:02:01 AM

Yes I got my few btc hacked last night which was so pathetic
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:06:32 AM

Well I guess its the fear of been hacked that is why most people refuse to have anything to do with bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. When I told a friend of mine whom i have been trying to convince into investing in cryptocurrency about how people do get hacked if not careful, he ended up telling me he has made his stand not to invest in crypto because it freaks him out. How I wish there will be a solution to this, probably, a lot of people might have invested in cryptocurrency.
Lol..this got me laughing, I guess you are the one that freaked him out, which is why he made his stand never to invest in cryptocurrency. You should have also encourage him by telling him how to pervent himself from getting hacked by putting his coins in a cold secured ledger or cold storaging. There might be a lot of hacking going on but bitcoin investment is worth more.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

Lol..this got me laughing, I guess you are the one that freaked him out, which is why he made his stand never to invest in cryptocurrency. You should have also encourage him by telling him how to pervent himself from getting hacked by putting his coins in a cold secured ledger or cold storaging. There might be a lot of hacking going on but bitcoin investment is worth more.
Ya, you are right, bitcoin really worth it even admit all hacking. But the guy is neck bend on not investing in any cryptocurrency. I even tried to tell him how to protect his coins but he won't even let me. Well, I let him be. Probably, in the nearest future he will understand what I have been trying to make him understand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: