Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:27:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking is the Big Problem  (Read 2398 times)
Arabella.Theo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:11:16 PM

Ye I echo many people on here in saying there is no way of ensuring your cryptocurrency is safe on an exchange. You do not at any point control your private keys when the money is on an exchange so you at at the mercy of the dudiligence on the exchange.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:50:26 AM

Guys…

I read the new the Japanese Exchange Coincheck loses ¥58 billion in the hacking attack. It’s not a single case in this after a few weeks ago Etherdelta was also Hacked. So how can we ensure that our money is safe on exchanges?
I don’t know how hacking works, and I don’t know how secured our Bitcoin wallets can be cause I’m not a developer or hacker. But normally people do say that for someone to hack your account, they will need to have their hands on one of the very important info, like your email or something like that. Without that, I don’t think it will possible for hackers to hack into anything.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:44:25 AM

I think you need to move your coins from safe wallet becauuse we now wallet exchanges site is only temporary better if you send your cons from exchanges site to wallet that you know are very safe. To acoid losing all incase the wallet hacked better if you spread all your coins to different incase the wallet has been hacked you have other coins because your other wallet will not hack so you have money.
No one said wallet exchange is temporary but you cannot just trust them and as long as you do not have a full control over your funds, it is more like not having any funds at all because anything that happens to that exchange happens to your funds. This is the reason most of us always clamor on the fact that people should learn to make use of a wallet where they have access to their private keys as that is the only way you can be good.
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:02:40 PM

Guys…

I read the new the Japanese Exchange Coincheck loses ¥58 billion in the hacking attack. It’s not a single case in this after a few weeks ago Etherdelta was also Hacked. So how can we ensure that our money is safe on exchanges?
I don’t know how hacking works, and I don’t know how secured our Bitcoin wallets can be cause I’m not a developer or hacker. But normally people do say that for someone to hack your account, they will need to have their hands on one of the very important info, like your email or something like that. Without that, I don’t think it will possible for hackers to hack into anything.
The fact is that hackers break only those networks that interest them and some are very strong in mind and have some value. An ordinary Internet user or a crypto currency need not worry.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:55:31 AM

Guys…

The fact is that hackers break only those networks that interest them and some are very strong in mind and have some value. An ordinary Internet user or a crypto currency need not worry.
Avoid letting your guard down, the best hackers are not going to target you unless you are a whale, but that does not mean that hackers are not trying to get your small holdings they are just going to use phishing  attacks against you, if you're smart you will be able to avoid them but there are many people that will fall victim of them since they do not engage in any kind of security practice.
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:24:42 AM

Anything that is relevant to computer technology has to be questioned in their minds, and hackers are the rebels of conventional thinking patterns.

Hackers are against authority, and in their eyes, there is no system or software that doesn't exist.

So when we don't trade, we have to put the cryptographic currency in our wallet.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:17:27 PM

Those japanese exchanges(as I heard) were storing all coins on hot wallets - so I'm absolutely not surprised that they were hacked. With a decent organisation exchange will never experience such problems.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:16:05 PM

Yes it's a big problem and a big threat to all of us. I know some people are not a techyy savvy but reading some blogs and articles in this forum will get you some ideas to get rid of these hackers. if you have alot of money to invest you should buy hardware wallets.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

Hacking is a problem for market prices but for individual i don't see any problems at all unless you store a lot of coins to exchange because they are still vulnerable from attacks even they have tight security. Only decentralized wallets are safe after all.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Apiapik

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:26:07 PM

Hacker is a problem that must diwaspada, because its existence is quite disturbing investors who have substantial funds.
With a personal wallet is quite overcome.but we must remain vigilant.karena all possibilities can happen.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:43:50 PM

Anything that is relevant to computer technology has to be questioned in their minds, and hackers are the rebels of conventional thinking patterns.

Hackers are against authority, and in their eyes, there is no system or software that doesn't exist.

So when we don't trade, we have to put the cryptographic currency in our wallet.

but keep in mind , not all hackers are bad. I mean they are also good hackers or white hat hackers that helps people if they have a problem pertaining in computer related stuffs.

black hat hackers are the ones who are bad and they oftenly use their skills and ability of hacking in order to destroy the security of the system so that they can steal some cash whether on a bank or on a crypto wallet.

however hackers isnt the issue because they are part of the internets ecosystem just like criminal in a real word environment. Police wont have a job if criminals dont exist
zrock21

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:05:58 AM

You can't ensure it, in field of IT and Computer Literacy it is hard and rigorous to identify their target and minds. If your holding a big million or billion better to hire an IT to fight back those greedy
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:08:15 AM

hacking is a major problem in all spheres of technology. a few days ago hackers hack my mew my etherum wallet and hacked my pkt and aion tokens.

isyot12345

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:24:44 PM

hacking is a major problem in all spheres of technology. a few days ago hackers hack my mew my etherum wallet and hacked my pkt and aion tokens.

Yes hacking is big problem in our world. but no one can stop him. i think this not a sulotion of the problem. maybe your happy if you got a hack in other people. but if you work seriously and learn about your jobs. maybe you will be the one success in your life.your not afraid in karma. pls stop hacking and don't hack your niehgbor work seriouly from their future comes.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:45:50 PM

Do you have an idea of how you got hacked? Because my ether wallet does not hold your private keys that means that you were targeted specifically by the hackers, do you have an idea if someone else holding those coins were hacked as well? Because hackers have a tendency to steal a particular set of coins, somehow they get the list of all the people that invested in it and then they try to scam them.
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:58:15 PM

for the safes way is not to hold to avoid hacker,hacks target the exchanges wallet by finding exploits and not the user accounts separately.If you want your funds to be safe, use exchanges for trading only and withdraw to your personal wallet....What I meant is do the trade and withdraw instantly,Exchanges were created for trading and not for holding your funds. Unless you are day trading, I see no reason on why you should keep your money on an exchange for a anything more then a few minutes....Trading with individuals on forums etc. is another option to avoid using centralized exchange....if you hold your invest in your wallet no one can say if your account will be hack....
anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:22:01 PM

In fact, I don't think we need to worry too much about hacking, as long as we're talking about a private wallet when we don't need a deal. Because hackers typically look for big targets like trading platforms.

We should not log on to the website of the Trojan horse, save our own wallet.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:49:22 PM

The point is you don't really control how your coins are stored on exchanges and usually apart from withdrawing them to your own wallet there is nothing much you can do.The rest is upto the exchanges to figure out what to do to keep user funds 100% safe

josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:17:57 AM

the exchange is one of the most secured because they put all of their coins so I do not believe it's possible to hack it if they can hack an exchange really scary to trade coins because we do not know if we're one To lose coins so the hackers are scary now.

pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:10:46 AM

Hacking is one of the major problems in the cryptocurrencies. Once you lose your bitcoin you lost it, there is no mechanism to recover stolen or lost Bitcoins. The best way to store your Bitcoins is on disk that is disconnected from the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: