Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized System (Merits) and Decentralized System (Bitcoin)  (Read 154 times)
Asusnumbaone (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:14:38 PM

Take time to read this!
We are all aware that bitcoin system is a decentralized system. Before the merit system, this forum is a decentralized system but not now. Now it is a centralized system and not all users in this forum are happy with the merit or the centralized system. Especially us who are between members and full members rank.

I know that the merit is created for the good purpose.
- to improve the post of the users here in the forum.
- to think of a better and debatable topic.
- to improve thoughts and opinions of every users.
- to make the newbies understand and take more time to read post here in the forum.

That is all the good effect of the merit system to all of the users here but it has bad effect to us in the members and full members rank.

It is the reason why us are not happy with the merit system.
- The merit system limits us or lock us to our rank.
- We have 60-119 activities but we just have a 10 merits.
- It is hard to earn a merit because it is limited.
- It is like we are waiting or begging for the merit.
- Our promotion depends on the others.
- Not all good post will be credited by merits.

That is the problem why most of the members and full members are not happy with the merit.

I would suggest a solution to this problem.
- Try to balance the activity and the merit. That way it will give us the opportunity to reach the next rank.
- Let the system or the moderators to give the credits for the post and reward it with merit.

I know that these rants and my opinions are not that important but please be considerate to us.

Share your thoughts and opinions Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
Merited by Samarkand (1)

1) This forum has never been a decentralized 'system'.

2) This merit system is an attempt to prevent further downward movement of this forum (whether or not it really ends up helping is another question).

3) People who want to read and post have nothing to worry about. If you aren't just interested to rank up solely to join sig campaigns, then the merit system shouldn't be a concern to you.

4) Doing something to potentially improve the overall image of this forum is better than doing nothing and have this forum sink to the absolute bottom.

5) Mods have more important things to do than throwing around with merit.

6) Accept the change and move forward.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:33:14 PM

I think they implemented merit system is to make more quality post not quantity post. get it? a lot of here are account farmers those who create a lot of accounts and rank up them then sell it. I know some people here who are selling accounts back in 2016. I hope you can get along with this merit system. And BTW this forum is not decentralized. Smiley
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

I agree in you in some parts where in "Not all good post will be credited by merits" yeah that's totally right and also because of the limited number of merits kinda feel like we will be stuck up in our rank for a very long time also because mostly not all here take some time to read and appreciate others post but what I love about this merit system is that it will surely give this forum a beautiful place to discuss by implementing a quality post not quantity. I suggest that they should increase the merit and also the idea to let the system and moderators to give credits to a post and merit is needed, especially because they are the one's who reviews our post.
Asusnumbaone (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:38:40 PM
Merited by kitkat04 (1)

1) This forum has never been a decentralized 'system'.

2) This merit system is an attempt to prevent further downward movement of this forum (whether or not it really ends up helping is another question).

3) People who want to read and post have nothing to worry about. If you aren't just interested to rank up solely to join sig campaigns, then the merit system shouldn't be a concern to you.

4) Doing something to potentially improve the overall image of this forum is better than doing nothing and have this forum sink to the absolute bottom.

5) Mods have more important things to do than throwing around with merit.

6) Accept the change and move forward.
Thanks for this information. This is a really good help. I really don't know the past of this forum and I was just expressing my opinion. Anyway I am happy because it is the first time that a Legendary Member notice my post. Thanks Dude!!  Thanks for correcting my mistakes.. Thanks you and sorry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: