Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 10:26:07 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do with scam projects?  (Read 411 times)
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:51:21 PM

Like everyone said there is nothing much you can do after the fact except rant and rave or maybe kick yourself mentally. Before the fact yes, heed all the sage advice here, and most important, if you have learnt a lesson, learn it well, avoid repeating the same mistakes, have greater awareness and gratitude that the loss wasn't a monetary one.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:12:13 PM

Here are some tips: Carefully read the whitepaper Whitepaper on ICO provides an understanding of the project team, goals, the concept of development, the introduction of tokens, the timing of listing tokens on crypto-exchange exchanges and similar technical details that may be of interest to potential investors.  So take your time, read the document (including the small font) and make sure that you can explain the essence of the startup in detail to someone else.  However, keep in mind that fraudulent ICOs can also have a whitepaper, so this feature is not definitive in relation to legitimacy.  Explore the website and accounts in social networks. This tip is obvious, but it says a lot about the possible alarm signals.  The ICO website should not be completely first-class, but must use a valid SSL certificate (the URL starts with HTTPS).  In addition, a reliable start-up must have a social networking manager who distributes information about the ICO and interacts with the online community.  Contact this person, ask a few questions and evaluate how responsive and professional they are.  Look for support If ICO supports a reputable person in the area's blockbuster, this is definitely an advantage of the project.  However, this does not mean that all start-ups without known supporters are fraud.  Check the code audit Check that the project code has been checked for errors, malware, security loopholes and other weaknesses.  Make sure that the code audit was conducted by well-known security researchers.  Such a study can reveal important information about the seriousness of the intentions of ICO authors regarding their startup.
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

I will remember this team where each member should remember that next time I meet this team's project I will advise others in their telegram and other contact channels not to participate in their projects. Of course, the first time is definitely to give up that project.

You're absolutely right. Also I want to ask if there are any sites or topics where we can monitor that scammers? That might turn our lifes 1000% easily.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:00:45 PM
Merited by solarion (1)

It's a big problem to distinguish fraudulent, fraudulent malicious projects. I need to search to find the truth. For legal projects, white paper, road map, partner companies should be looked at in detail.

It's not a big deal really to distinguish a SCAM project. I usually check all the team in Linkedin, as well as in other social accounts. Scams most likely will have fake accounts there. Also scam project team would never show there faces, so if you see any intervies with team members so it most likely not a scam project. Telegram community also can help each other to find red flags for a project, as it was with Benebit just before the crowdsale.
So all you need is an hour or two of investigation to be sure that the project is reliable.

elexadi

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:20:34 PM

It's not just simple as a possible investor, DYOR.

1.) White Paper
2.) Find the team in LinkedIn or other avenues
3.) Advisory board
4.) Projects Social media presence and active participation
5.) Announcements on Reddit or BitcoinTalk.

These are few areas you can see and learn what the project is all about and do u believe in it or not. But everything said all of this can still lead to scam projects, so sometime we have to take our losses and learn the lessons.
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

have you ever found a scam project or airdrop?

what wil you do after working the project for  a couple of week, but you get nothing..?

Not yet but if i do i will do the following:-

a) tell everyone on social media that they are scammers

b) blast it on their social accounts

not yet because I am a new member of this organization and my rank  as of now is newbie but in the airdrop I encountered lots of scam projects out there  but still I continue participate in airdrop while waiting to my rank to become a jr member but i'll do research the background of each airdrop project to know and to avoid if it is a scam or not.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:47:57 PM

what wil you do after working the project for  a couple of week, but you get nothing..?

Currently, there are many scams ICO. So the thing to do when you know ICOs scam campaign is to inform all member of this campaign to avoid investing money in that ICO. Claim these ICOs on ICO-accredited websites such as icobench, icoscam, icoreview to prevent others from being fooled.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

It's a big problem to distinguish fraudulent, fraudulent malicious projects. I need to search to find the truth. For legal projects, white paper, road map, partner companies should be looked at in detail.

It's not a big deal really to distinguish a SCAM project. I usually check all the team in Linkedin, as well as in other social accounts. Scams most likely will have fake accounts there. Also scam project team would never show there faces, so if you see any intervies with team members so it most likely not a scam project. Telegram community also can help each other to find red flags for a project, as it was with Benebit just before the crowdsale.
So all you need is an hour or two of investigation to be sure that the project is reliable.

You analysis steps to find the best project is the good way but all the people here investing on ICO are does not even reading the white paper and road map what they are focusing to make money.

As like some telephone directory software shows telegram the user is reported many time or a genuine person with their channel name.
I hope the information shared will be used by the people who is looking to invest on ICO projects. They will not loose their money with these steps.
bungsoh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:04:30 PM

upset indeed if we have helped promote about a scam project. but, that does not mean when compared with the disappointment of the investors. if we just participate in their campaign it's no loss we experience except time. but if participating in their ICO that's the real pique and disappointment.
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

if i find one i would blast the on social media and tell every one about them
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:26:43 PM

upset indeed if we have helped promote about a scam project. but, that does not mean when compared with the disappointment of the investors. if we just participate in their campaign it's no loss we experience except time. but if participating in their ICO that's the real pique and disappointment.
If we detect or found scam project, I guess it's better if we reported them into the police. To make them an immediately legal action base on the weight or immateriality of the amount scam. They can give them to in prison to lessen the people making bad thing.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

Anyone in this sphere must be ready for such an outcome. Even in the real world a person may apply for a job,  work for nothing during the trial period and then the hr says :"sorry,  you are not good enough for this job". Making such parallels between the two worlds make understanding much easier as for me.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:48:07 PM

Ive experienced some experience with it. and people still get scam because of their rules it self ex: paid after ico end 3 month later and nothing you got .
what I do will be the same as the others.
- ask for certainty.
- confirm with manager.
- Patient
Kezio

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

Other than reporting the project and the manager in charge of it, there's nothing much you can do, if you didn't catch that in time. If you figured out that it is a scam before actually wasting your time, you could always leave the bounty.

PRIORITYEX
███  ███  ███  PROFIT SHARING CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  ███  ███  ███
███ ANN Page ███ WhitePaper ███ Telegram ███ Twitter ███ Facebook ███ Bounty ███
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:58:29 PM

If you find a project with a scam, stop promoting it.
Then share with the community, the reason + way + sign recognizes a scam project.
I think that is all you can do, because everything with ICO is free, not subject to legal constraints.
iRakic

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:26:51 PM

Do my own research, before I get scammed  Grin Honestly, investing in ICO is dangerous, but you should check any project you are getting yourself into. Read whitepaper, read reviews, read, read and read  Grin Don't put your valuable time into a project that you haven't check.
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:40:41 PM

And what can be done? Just stop working on the project . But honestly, scammers are very difficult to distinguish. Itself already several times come across

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Odora

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

only can surrender when following the campaign and even investing in a scam project, because there is currently no law governing the ICO  Sad
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:02:56 PM

And what can be done? Just stop working on the project . But honestly, scammers are very difficult to distinguish. Itself already several times come across
scammers have a lot of the way to make another new scam project again.
But we are an audience and only able to yelling on the internet to make awareness to another people that don't know about such scam ico.

I've heard there are some new scam icos. Majority of them will try to give a bullshit words after their ico already raised some amounts.

This sucks but the fact it's very difficult to be distinguished.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:08:48 PM

Are you talkin out of experience? Lol! There's nothing much we can do really. If you get scammed, you get scammed! Everything is a risk. We can only move on and learn from that experience. Blood sucking scammers will always lurk around and set their traps. If we get caught and did not get out soon, then it is as good as wasting your time and effort into that project. Nothing is perfect. We should learn to get by the risks that will come our way.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: