Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:22:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you play for fun using real money?  (Read 757 times)
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:11:10 PM
Merited by zhelis74 (1)

I don't know man but for me money or any capital adds to the excitement in gambling.
Like spin the bottle, it won't be worth it to play, or fun if there is no consequences.
In gambling, you will be challenge to do good in playing because you would not want to lose something of your possession.
You don't want to lose but just win. Fun right ?
Those who gamble for money reason seems to be not having fun at all because they gamble the money they earned for their living.

Simply because if you are not using real money in gambling that cannot be called gambling anymore. Basically, when you gamble that needs an amount of money to start with. If you do without money it can only be called “playing”. But seriously, people use money in gambling to make the game more exciting. It adds energy and fun to the gamblers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marlboroza (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:29:42 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 06:09:47 PM by marlboroza

From what I know there is a difference of fun and excitement of winning real money from play money. Of course you are risking your own money just a chance to win more with it, the fun and excitement will be less when you are just playing with free money which we all know don't have any value at all to us. And also if I gamble,  I gamble for fun as if I gamble for money I am expecting at the end that I will win something which is really depressing if I don't produce the result that I want.
How are you risking money if you gamble for fun only = paying for entertainment? Doesn't make any sense.

I never assume that gambling is just for fun.
here I am gambling just to make a profit.
This is the reason gambling sites always grow rich and gamblers always make losses in the end. Becuase you know already you can't make money from these games in the long run but still, you want to play for profit. I always play these games only for fun.
99% people here(this forum, this board) said that they are gambling only for fun, according to you all gambling sites would have died already.

People who gamble for fun knows how much they can afford on these games on each session to enjoy their free time so they will not be under stress if they lose that money. But people like you who gamble for profit will be under stress if they lose money.
So, your logic is - whoever is gambling to win money is gambling more that he can afford to lose? That is not true.
Bolded part is nonsense. People who have lost more money than they can afford to lose will be under stress, which is something completely different.

Because fun is one of the things we like and we seek. What's the use of money of you won't use it for your own entertainment? Some people use money to buy gadgets, watch movie or gambling because it's where they will enjoy their lives. But always keep in your head that too much is bad.
You are not watching movies? You never go to cinema? You don't do anything which entertains you except gambling? Ok, forget about that. You can't have fun without paying for it, is that it? Sorry, I don't really understand this post.

~
Those who gamble for money reason seems to be not having fun at all because they gamble the money they earned for their living.
Lets say both of us can afford to lose 50$, so your logic is:

Gambling with 50$ just for fun(YOU) = good = entertainment = thrill = excitement = everyone is happy
Gambling with 50$ to win money(ME) = wrong = addiction = not fun = losing money I earned = everyone is sad

Do you see how your assumption ridiculous is?
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:06:56 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 07:27:59 PM by milewilda

From what I know there is a difference of fun and excitement of winning real money from play money. Of course you are risking your own money just a chance to win more with it, the fun and excitement will be less when you are just playing with free money which we all know don't have any value at all to us. And also if I gamble,  I gamble for fun as if I gamble for money I am expecting at the end that I will win something which is really depressing if I don't produce the result that I want.
How are you risking money if you gamble for fun only = paying for entertainment? Doesn't make any sense.

I never assume that gambling is just for fun.
here I am gambling just to make a profit.
This is the reason gambling sites always grow rich and gamblers always make losses in the end. Becuase you know already you can't make money from these games in the long run but still, you want to play for profit. I always play these games only for fun.

A thing cant be called gambling if you wont place money on it which means if you do just play without using real money i dont really consider it as gambling and you are actually right that most people do say here that they do gamble for fun but yet they are still using their own money to seek out for that fun that they mention. We dont have the rights on how they do spend their money but yet these things will normally bring them down when it comes to financial.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:28:42 PM

From what I know there is a difference of fun and excitement of winning real money from play money. Of course you are risking your own money just a chance to win more with it, the fun and excitement will be less when you are just playing with free money which we all know don't have any value at all to us. And also if I gamble,  I gamble for fun as if I gamble for money I am expecting at the end that I will win something which is really depressing if I don't produce the result that I want.

If you are not ready for the outcome of gambling then its better you don't gamble at all because the name simply suggest that you are risking something to earn more and thus should be prepared for anything but if you are only psyched to receive one part of the results and not the other then its better you quit gambling.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:30:39 PM

I always wonder why do people say "I am gambling for fun and not for the money".

Why do you use money at all to gamble? There are plenty gambling sites in which you can easily play with fun money, play money or "whatever it is called" money.

Why do you use money to gamble for fun?

Whoever is gambling for fun using real money please reply and be honest.
I remember when I was a child we can gamble even without money. We can make fun and become happy without money when we play. So, we can play without it right? Maybe gamble with money can make the fun more tense it can make them nervous when they already lose some of their money or can make them happy when they winning the game. Sometimes a lot of people made excuses when it comes in gambling even though they keep on telling about it "we only gamble because we seek fun" but we can see them very disappointed and sad when they already lose their money.

Thats true,that we dissapointed and sad when  we already lose our money,but in the terms of gambler they never mind if they must lost  much more money as long as they have  enjoy the situation,because for them,they have saying that"nothing permanent in this world everything is gone and change" so lets enjoy the moment.thats why in my situation when i gambling using real money i play cockfighting but only a penny bet because i have control to my self to not over carrying the situation much more.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:50:30 PM

Everyone has his own style and when I play with play money it does not attrack me at all. Also, what is the problem with playing for money? Everything costs money, rent, food, insurances, clothes, other fun and why not spend some money for gambling fun?
lamjed

Activity: 104
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:16:02 AM

It is really a very impressive question that push us to ask our self why do we play for fun while we are using real money ? This should be discussed deeply because it seems like we are throwing our money from the window of gambling while we need to use it in a better way.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:40:30 AM

It is really a very impressive question that push us to ask our self why do we play for fun while we are using real money ? This should be discussed deeply because it seems like we are throwing our money from the window of gambling while we need to use it in a better way.
It is being discussed here and a lot of people have said that they are just doing it for fun and it doesn't matter if they use money instead just normal fun. If you have tried to do something in partly the same in real life then it should be with friends because it's fun to play with friends. It doesn't matter if you use your money or what, as long as you know what you are doing with it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:40:50 AM

It's not about playing for fun, sometimes people bet because of competition. When I was playing volleyball, we will make a bet and the winner will take it all. If we do this, the competition gets better and serious. Everyone hates to lose and if you add money on the table, it will be more interesting. There are times that it got personal but we're okay with that because our main goal is to improve everyday and compete. Money is just adding a bit of flavor to the game.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:55:23 AM

I don't know man but for me money or any capital adds to the excitement in gambling.
Like spin the bottle, it won't be worth it to play, or fun if there is no consequences.
In gambling, you will be challenge to do good in playing because you would not want to lose something of your possession.

Simply because if you are not using real money in gambling that cannot be called gambling anymore. Basically, when you gamble that needs an amount of money to start with. If you do without money it can only be called “playing”. But seriously, people use money in gambling to make the game more exciting. It adds energy and fun to the gamblers.
Absolutely, because money is considered as one of a valuable things on earth and it makes all the people around for being busy just to have money and if we put our money in a situation with unpredictable outcome like betting it on gambling then surely will always feel thrilled and excitement in every rounds of game to think about the result. So i agree that gambling without an involvement of money is  not a gambling and besides mostly of gambling or any gambling site is all needs of money prior playing the game.

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:27:51 AM

It doesn't make sense, OP were asking why we are playing for fun using money? Really?  Huh you already said it "for fun" that is why we are risking our money on playing gambling. People have their reasons why they are playing gambling, most of us gamble because we wanted to earn more in gambling, sadly that is not how it works, though there are few individuals who plays gambling just for fun or pastime.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:43:29 AM

It is being discussed here and a lot of people have said that they are just doing it for fun and it doesn't matter if they use money instead just normal fun. If you have tried to do something in partly the same in real life then it should be with friends because it's fun to play with friends. It doesn't matter if you use your money or what, as long as you know what you are doing with it.

We all have different reason why we gambling just to have fun using fiat money, yes its risky yet people are keep on doing this. If you can afford to this then so be it, no one will stop you but you can't just have fun forever with gambling because its too much greed. Don't waste money just to have fun and be broke later on, spend it wise.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:48:56 AM

It's really matter to use the real money I think to feel the real pleasure in gambling, as when you use a play money no pressure on you to make your bets win , the thing make certain games are so fun due it's pressure to avoid the losses and when you waiting the outcome.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:10:32 AM

Like you I also believe there is nothing like gambling with virtual money. You have to be putting your physical money in it only then it can be called as the gambling. Else this is something else I don’t know what this will be said but not gambling.

This is exciting game and I don’t think there is any entertainment or fun in this. Why people are only getting fun against wasting their own wealth.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:12:04 AM

When I first gamble online about 3 years ago, I am contented in the free btc given by the site primedice for the starter to be able to play (Im playing for fun though). But as time passes I became greed to earn huge amount so I used my own money, unfortunately I became addicted in gambling. It takes time when I finally overcome my addiction and its already in the past.

I rarely gamble now but still using my own money however this time I have self control especially I know my priorities and I learned from the past mistakes.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:06:51 AM

It's really matter to use the real money I think to feel the real pleasure in gambling, as when you use a play money no pressure on you to make your bets win , the thing make certain games are so fun due it's pressure to avoid the losses and when you waiting the outcome.
If entire gambling industry is working in your way then probably no one is gambling for finding the entertainment. Because, as per your statement, when you are targeting making real money from gambling, you are getting the actual pleasure you are looking for. It means if you do not use your real money then you will not care about the ups and downs oscillation of your money while playing.

After your opinion that I understand that no one in this world is trying gambling for finding entertainment. They are all gambling for finding easy money. In the process of finding that easy money they are getting some entertainment as a byproduct.

If entertainment from gambling is just a byproduct then probably all the gamblers who are declaring themselves as they are gambling only for entertainment, must be lying.
tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

I always wonder why do people say "I am gambling for fun and not for the money".

Why do you use money at all to gamble? There are plenty gambling sites in which you can easily play with fun money, play money or "whatever it is called" money.

Well I dont see any problem when you play gambling just for fun. Because its your money, its your choice where and when you are going to use it. Because you have all the control with it. Lucky if you win,because your money will grow, and sad if you loss. Because im sure you will regret it in the end.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:10:45 PM

because the thrill is there,the idea of you might lose your money makes the gaming exciting.think of whats happening when we are playing online using bitcoins,we can afford of losing large amount because we dont hold it as physical money,thats why its easy for us to let them lose,but in actual betting we valued every amount we bet becaue we can feel being loss .
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:09:36 PM

Also, the money acts as an 'incentive' and people feel rewarded whenever they win the game. Not only does it add to thrill and excitement, but this source of entertainment has made people felt that they are rewarded. This encourages to play even more because they want to gain - money has contributed to this. Where there's no pain, no gain so people still play even if there may be some consequences.

Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2151

I stand with Ukraine.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

I think it has something to do with the stress relieving aspect of gambling. For me it's definitely the thing. Why do people play bowling for fun using real money? Why do they play many other games when you have to pay your money to play a game in which you can't win anything? I think for the same reason. That's a healthy approach to gambling btw. Playing in order to earn money leads to gambling addiction which is a sickness.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████