Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:07:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: withdraw directly from Paper wallet possible  (Read 109 times)
joe1234 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:11:59 PM

Hi all

Some month ago I bought "Bitcoins" for 200$ an an ATM without having them swept to a wallet software.

Question:
Is it possible to withdraw/change my "Bitcoins" directly from the PaperWalled issued by the ATM, or
is it required to sweep them first to a wallet software?

Thank's a lot!

Joe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:18:26 PM

Download Mycelium for your phone. Get the address you want to send to ready.

On the opening page on the top right there is a menu. Click on 'cold storage'. Click on 'get private key from QR code'. Scan the private key with your camera. Scan the sending address.

Job done.

It also sends your change back to the same address if you don't spend it all, but that's not very sensible as you're exposing your private key to the internet.

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

This link talk about how to withdraw money from the paper wallet as well:

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/wallet-tutorial-add-withdraw-funds/

Hope this helps! =]
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:43:54 PM

Hi all

Some month ago I bought "Bitcoins" for 200$ an an ATM without having them swept to a wallet software.

Question:
Is it possible to withdraw/change my "Bitcoins" directly from the PaperWalled issued by the ATM, or
is it required to sweep them first to a wallet software?

Thank's a lot!

Joe

I think you have to sweep coins from a paper wallet to another wallet. I have used blockchain.info to do this. The only negative to me is that it costs you a fee to transfer. The process is fairly simple to do. I personally would keep the coins on the paper wallet until you need them because the paper wallet is very secure.
codewench

Activity: 93
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:31:50 AM

I personally would keep the coins on the paper wallet until you need them because the paper wallet is very secure.

A paper wallet is very secure, but this part scares me:

PaperWalled issued by the ATM

It sounds like the ATM generated the keys for the paper wallet. If the ATM owner/manufacturer was malicious, they could keep track of all generated wallets and withdraw from them at some future time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: