Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "merit" is good! Analytics of innovation  (Read 205 times)
crane0766 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

Your Gateway to Financial Market on the BlockChain

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

Before criticizing innovation, make sure that you have done not a superficial analysis, but a deeper, with a look into the future.

Looking by the amount of criticism from the participants of the forum, many are not satisfied , given the limitations that now have to face both newbie and older participants.
Personally, changes  make me cry, because up to a full member will now not soon (I hoped that February 13 I will celebrate).
But somehow this will only bring positive results for the forum participants and for the world crypto community as a whole.

To understand  what is good about merit,  clarify,  who is against the innovation:
-all newcomers
-owners of multi-accounts, especially those who sell.
- wishing easy earnings.
- creators of bots

All these participants,  will make the forum like a garbage  . From this, in order to find the right discussion and get a good usefull answer, one had to re-read a bunch of delirium and messages. Simply multiaccounts indirectly  reduced the share of profits for participation in bounty.

Now I want write what is "merit" make  positive for the crypto community  
-  The level of knowledge and knowledge of already existing members of the community will grow. If earlier it was not necessary to make special efforts to write a post, now it is necessary to do more work, so that the message was really useful and helped other people  to achieve their goals.
- many lazy and greedy people will be cut off
- there will be more adequate people on the forum
- the bounty payment will increase (or at least it will remain at the current level and will not go down)
- accounts for spam  posting only will disappear, as creating and downloading a new account will be rather troublesome and accordingly express the prices for such accounts (which not all beginners will afford)

Personally, I realized for a long time that it was urgent to do something and stop this tsunami. So, in general, I'm glad that having reached the level of a member, I did not see "merit" before, but knowing my attitude to the forum I will try even better, like my colleagues in the cryptofactory.

Beginners - now you will be much stronger and smarter than people, who was before you. [/ B]

биткoин пoдoбeн фeникcy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:14:07 PM

Oh definitely. It makes getting higher ranks a lot harder. Usually you can get to full member or higher just by posting almost whatever once a day and just hope that MODs don't delete your post. Now you actually have to post good/decent content to achieve the merit requirements for higher ranks.

Unfortunately the merit system came at a bad time for me. I'm literally 18 activity away from a hero member rank. Now I'd have to gain from my current merits of 255 to 480. If only the update has been delayed for 2 and a half weeks I could have 480 merits right now. Ohwell.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Urbanbypas

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

Unfortunately the merit system came at a bad time for me. I'm literally 18 activity away from a hero member rank. Now I'd have to gain from my current merits of 255 to 480. If only the update has been delayed for 2 and a half weeks I could have 480 merits right now. Ohwell.
I have a similar situation for me, I did not have a month to become a full member. But I am pleased with the introduction of the merit. Perhaps there will be fewer clones and spammers.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
crane0766 (OP)

Activity: 378

Your Gateway to Financial Market on the BlockChain

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

I have a similar situation for me, I did not have a month to become a full member. But I am pleased with the introduction of the merit. Perhaps there will be fewer clones and spammers.
the same situation...only 2 weeks, and I can have full. Bad, war cant be without lossings.

биткoин пoдoбeн фeникcy
europe-asia-marathon

Activity: 249
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:01:46 PM

the same situation...only 2 weeks, and I can have full. Bad, war cant be without lossings.
Me too. The same situation...after three days, and I can have full member. Iopa mat.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:23:14 PM
Merited by mayo2u (1)

Ya people are going on about how merits are going to raise the quality of posts. I'm not so sure about that. Because they so hard to get there will be cheating. Cheaters can be clever and cunning. I also feel that the merit system will be only for the big guys and leave the little guys behind. I just have a very strong feeling that a select group of people will receive most merits and the rest none. I was given so few merits to give people and I don't have any more left.

The next issue is users on bitcointalk are not known for being generous and I can tell you right now most members have not given a single merit point. Everyone should have spent them all now. That is what they are there for and if people don't start giving them away the system will simply never work.
Not everyone understands that it will benefit us all to use our merits. Plus it is just one more thing that needs to be monitored for abuse which adds more work for the mods and admins. It really isn't the best idea.
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:44:34 PM

Ya people are going on about how merits are going to raise the quality of posts. I'm not so sure about that. Because they so hard to get there will be cheating. Cheaters can be clever and cunning. I also feel that the merit system will be only for the big guys and leave the little guys behind. I just have a very strong feeling that a select group of people will receive most merits and the rest none. I was given so few merits to give people and I don't have any more left.

The next issue is users on bitcointalk are not known for being generous and I can tell you right now most members have not given a single merit point. Everyone should have spent them all now. That is what they are there for and if people don't start giving them away the system will simply never work.
Not everyone understands that it will benefit us all to use our merits. Plus it is just one more thing that needs to be monitored for abuse which adds more work for the mods and admins. It really isn't the best idea.

I suppose the question is how to determine what posts deserve to receive merits? Do we give them to all posts that showed effort (such as yours) or only exceptional, praiseworthy posts?

Merits are a good idea. There are too many people who come here simply to be able to make money through posting. I've been a lurker for years and stopped coming here because the posts had gone down in quality. So anything that raises the quality of the posts is a good idea.

I like the way stackexchange ranks posters. Good posts and questions get upvotes and low quality posts are flagged and then deleted.
cmmhbct

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:32:59 PM
Merited by owlcatz (2)

Merit system is good in general. It can help to make our forum a better one. Recently, the forum is abundant with spamming threads, which largely might come from farming accounts. The new system might stop them from spamming, simply because they will get almost no thing from those spamming activities.

Additionally, the system is not fair at its launch, each member above Member rank received a certain number of merits which is also the minimum one for the rank at that time. However, the range between minimum and maximum activities of each rank are too high. Hence, Theymos (admin of the forum) adjusted a little bit for those who have activies above 775. It's really good for them.

However, I think he should do the same for other lower-ranks, including Members, Full Members, and Senior Members. He should do that in order to keep the merits system as fair as possible at its launching time. It's just a small adjustment.

In a word, merit system is a possitive signal, tool for our community. Waiting to see more and more contributive, high-qualitied posts in the next few weeks.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:03:08 AM

Merit system is good in general. It can help to make our forum a better one. Recently, the forum is abundant with spamming threads, which largely might come from farming accounts. The new system might stop them from spamming, simply because they will get almost no thing from those spamming activities.

Additionally, the system is not fair at its launch, each member above Member rank received a certain number of merits which is also the minimum one for the rank at that time. However, the range between minimum and maximum activities of each rank are too high. Hence, Theymos (admin of the forum) adjusted a little bit for those who have activies above 775. It's really good for them.

However, I think he should do the same for other lower-ranks, including Members, Full Members, and Senior Members. He should do that in order to keep the merits system as fair as possible at its launching time. It's just a small adjustment.

In a word, merit system is a possitive signal, tool for our community. Waiting to see more and more contributive, high-qualitied posts in the next few weeks.

indeed, good attitude, merited you a couple. rank up, then pay it forward! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
nhamoitruonghoc

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:44:55 AM
Merited by Zionatin (1)

In my opinion, there are two opposite sides of merit system, which should be taken into consideration.

First, let's talk about positive side. The system will help admin, moderators and of course users in the forum to control, prevent, eliminate or at least reduce most of spammers, farming accounts' holder out of our forum. Addititionally, the system will make our forum cleaner day by day, which in turn gives it more space for deeply disscussions. It will also save a lot of time for users, who wont be distracted by spamming threads anymore.

Second, let's consider about negative side. Merit system might create and motivate new market, which operates for selling/buying/ exchanging sMerit points. That one might be prefered by farming accounts, newbies (who are not ready to learn, to read, to grow / mature in positive approach). that's their choice. We can do anything to stop them doing this, right? However, it requires money and lots of time, too, then they (part / most of them) might give up.

To sum up, positivite things of merit system might outperform negative ones. So let's contribute, make good posts, then wait to see what happen next.

Thanks Theymos for the amazing system.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:28:43 AM

~snip~

~snip~

I was thinking about it and I have an idea. What if the merits were treated like a currency? So quality posts earn merits that have real value. The market can have a limit to how many you can buy per day based on your rank. Say 1%/day max merits you can buy. This will stop people from quickly buying a whole bunch of merits and ranking up so to make sure it is an active member only 1% of your max merits can be bought. That means if people want to abuse the system they will have to stay active anyway for 100days so it is not really worth it for them.
hp162133

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:01:16 AM

~snip~

~snip~

I was thinking about it and I have an idea. What if the merits were treated like a currency? So quality posts earn merits that have real value. The market can have a limit to how many you can buy per day based on your rank. Say 1%/day max merits you can buy. This will stop people from quickly buying a whole bunch of merits and ranking up so to make sure it is an active member only 1% of your max merits can be bought. That means if people want to abuse the system they will have to stay active anyway for 100days so it is not really worth it for them.

In fact, I think since the high value of sMerits (not Merits), which users can send to each other. Those sMerits will be traded in "Black Market" under shadow, out of the forum. I hate to say that is bad or good, because it totally depends on approach of each user. It might be good if users have positive approach, and vice versa if users have negative approach.

Nevertheless, in general I think merit system will help to build up the forum faster, make it better. Let's think positive, it will change the forum and change your accounts  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: