Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should government consider bitcoin as a legal global currency?  (Read 1051 times)
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:38:05 AM

I don't think so because many countries like Tunisia don't accept bitcoin he consider that cryptocurrency don't legal and a method to hide the source of money
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:47:34 AM

If the government are looking into the future then they should consider bitcoin as a legal currency, but the reality the government some government already made the right choice to look into the blockchain technology. Perhaps if they consider to join the cryptocurrency movement, they will create their own coins which they can control because as we know government banned bitcoin because they cant control the flow of it nor they know who owns the biggest shares of it which could manipulate the price anytime  Grin
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:49:45 AM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?
The government in my country has not yet accepted Bitcoin as a legitimate currency, and that has caused a lot of debate in my country, many say that the government should allow Bitcoin to act as a currency and give People use it, but somebody should have banned Bitcoin because it affects the economy of the country

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:53:22 AM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?
Everyone like to see their country to pass favorable law for bitcoin,each government will take steps according to what they seem to understand about the new technology and so is the reason most countries are taking its own time to pass the law,one thing is sure that they will make strict laws to counter money laundering and every transaction will be transparent .
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:58:17 AM

I think if every government do a form of legalization to bitcoin like today is done by japan country really I can not imagine will be how much the price for bitcoin. because if every country does a legalized form of bitcoin, of course this is a gap where every investor in the world will go in and invest in bitcoin and I think the bitcoin price will get out of hand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:35:49 AM

If it is possible then i'll be grateful for it,as it is a good news and a new beginning for our country.Embracing bitcoin as a new currency is a big help to every individual due to its unique nature.However i don't think legalizing bitcoin is nearly impossible to us,we have a non progressive country and a greedy government not like japan (sigh).Besides,many banks on our country will surely be against it as they might lose some of their revenues.And another reasons are
 because of bitcoins volatility and anonimity that the government can't control and might think of not taking its risk.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:43:40 AM

I don't think the government will do that.
The government has its own legal tender.
They can control the legal tender.
And bitcoin is the world's.
It's anonymous. The state can't control it.
I think that governments will not allow Bitcoin to be a legitimate currency, which could happen in the future if those countries have a change in government executives if the government is Renewed new laws will be promulgated, and this will make Bitcoin more prosperous in the future
lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:52:17 AM

I don't think so because many countries like Tunisia don't accept bitcoin he consider that cryptocurrency don't legal and a method to hide the source of money

I also don't think that is possible. My reasoning is that blockchains are totally against the governments tax rules. Main income of many governments are only taxes especially those in developing phase.

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:19:03 AM

Absolutely yes, this is the era of digital currencies, and the number of users Bitcoin in progress over time. As well, The prevention of this currency by governments has led to major problems, especially in the global economy.

In addition to that, the good news is that some governments have recognized it as a legal currency (like, Japan...) and this is a good beginning to recognition of this era.
It is certain that many countries will resort to Bitcoin recognition and very soon.

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:50 AM

In 2016, the number of businesses adopting bitcoin has surpassed 122,000. There are many big companies that accept bitcoin. Vd like Dell, microsoft, Dish Network, Expedia, ... japan is very smart when considering bitcoin as legal currency. This helps the Japanese economy to develop
I whole heatedly agree with you, boss. The earlier any government accepts bitcoin, the earlier its economy system becomes better.

Bitcoin is the future of money and there is no doubt in this. By looking at the present progress pace, it won’t take bitcoin long before it hits down every road. Japan is the smartest Asian country when it comes to technology and possesses foresight in relevant matters.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

Japan is really an example to follow and this country is doing a lot for the development of Crypto-currency! There are hopes that in the future other countries will understand all the advantages of crypto currency and blockchain technology and will be implemented as Japan in their country.
xiaozhang11

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:42:27 AM

I don't think some governments will do that.
In some extreme cases, bitcoin transactions are banned.
The bitcoin transaction is considered a hoax 'so it doesn't make bitcoin a legitimate global currency.'
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:48:16 AM

If you ask the crypto community if bitcoin should be legalized or not people would definitely want that the governments should consider bitcoin as legal currency but when it comes to governments many of them see bitcoin as a threat to their economy because if people use bitcoin people wouldn't have to pay taxes to the government and the governments won't like that idea at all that is for sure. This reason may cause many governments to avoid bitcoin as a legal global currency.
Malamok101

Activity: 868

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

It's also difficult to implement such a process as many people will have to deal with such a process just as time as you do not have internet you can not send bitcoin to someone else.

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:00:48 AM

I think if every government do a form of legalization to bitcoin like today is done by japan country really I can not imagine will be how much the price for bitcoin. because if every country does a legalized form of bitcoin, of course this is a gap where every investor in the world will go in and invest in bitcoin and I think the bitcoin price will get out of hand.
This particular subject of legalized of bitcoin is probably a great opportunity for bitcoin and also for us as a traders and investors because it is what we are waiting for, to become a legal matter of bitcoin in each country. However becoming a legal matter of bitcoin is truly have some factors that were going to happen if it would be done, and it is the price of bitcoin will become that higher and higher compared to the current price that we couldn't afford to buy it.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:06:31 AM

most countries have not made up their mind and many of those which have already made up their mind have considered bitcoin as a commodity or something like that so that they can have an easier time taking taxes on bitcoin.

and that is understandable with the way people are only investing in bitcoin and not using it as a currency much these days.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
AdTraxis

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

Most governments are totally against bitcoin due to the fact that it's decentralized. They have no control over it which is against what they would have wished for. They cannot manipulate it as well like fiat. In a nutshell, governments should recognize and legalize btc, but we all know that it is next to impossible for now.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:18:23 AM
Merited by JC btc (2)

and that is understandable with the way people are only investing in bitcoin and not using it as a currency much these days.

Bitcoin for the sake of governmental easiness should be put in the same category as Gold, especially with so many similar characteristics. Gold is quite often considered to be a currency as well, and that while it doesn't enjoy any use in that specific category at all. For me personally the name (asset, currency, commodity, etc) people think Bitcoin should have doesn't matter a sigle bit, since it's only the usage that matters here. Not sure if people will ever actually start using Bitcoin as currency with how the price keeps going up and down, but at least (with LN to enhance the experience) people will know that Bitcoin itself won't be the limiting factor. From that point it's just a mindset thing that people need to get over.
fanhuaijiao713

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:22:58 AM

With the development of the currency, more and more countries began to interested in this kind of digital assets, some of the "tough", some are "ambiguous", but it's not hard to see, legalization of digital assets will be the trend of The Times.

All this takes time to achieve!
DunnDy

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:25:43 AM

Unluckily, it isn't in government's interest to consider Bitcoin as a global currency. Banks are often the property of the state so they would shoot itself in the foot recognizing it as a universal currency. Banks have many disadvantages and they are afraid of confrontation with new and innovative type of a currency. Nonetheless, it seems that in the end they will be forced to recognize Bitcoin because otherwise people may in the next few years completely abandon the use of bitcoins.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: