Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:41:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should government consider bitcoin as a legal global currency?  (Read 1053 times)
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:19:39 PM

if Japan has done something like this and if Japan really would start to benefit from it I guess this legalization would make a domino effect to the other countries as well and they would go in Japans path.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:38:58 PM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?
Bitcoin is already a legal currency. The only thing that government needs to do is to accept bitcoin in their lands. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, which means it was created or developed solely for the use in the internet world. It cannot be used as a global currency because it has many limitations in terms of physical aspect. For example, no internet you cannot use bitcoin. I suggest you must read several topics about this one in the previous posted topics.

PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:57:30 PM

It's been a good idea around whether making bitcoin a legal currency globally but let us not forget the fact that some countries are against cryptocurrencies that makes it hard for bitcoin to be a legal global currency.

ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:02:55 AM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?
Yes as per news says Japan already made bitcoin as a LEGAL currency and payment method, but I think throughout the world when it comes to payment method because some business is accepting bitcoin as a payment, it's just that when we talk about making money and change it into other currency in that we always have the argument about legalizing bitcoin.and in my  opinion there will time that government will go to decide to legalize bitcoin if they can put taxes on bitcoin. It's simple logic that if you ask something to someone they are going to say yes to it if they can profit from it as well
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:55 AM

I think government should consider Bitcoin legal in global currency, because as long as it do not harms the society, or community it can be possible to be legit. But still there should be a thorough study and research about it before it happens.

Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:53:20 AM

Since the crypto currency has no territorial boundaries and has spread all over the world, governments of all countries are forced to consider the process of its legalization for official circulation within each country and its certain regulation, the establishment of a tax on income from the crypto currency. Each state can not help noticing the presence of crypto currency in the country, since it exerts a strong influence on the economy and financial settlements between citizens and other business entities.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

If the government introduced bitcoin as the official currency it would be great! I think so, but what do you think?
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:41:18 PM

At this moment, the issue with Bitcoin with regards to legalizing it, is its marjet value volatility. But I think if ever it will be legal to most of the counteies or globally, the problem will be solved sinxe the demand will be high which will make its price highly stable. But it still depends on the government of every country wether to make it legal or not. Surely they have basis, knowing that Bitcoin is volatile. But i am hoping that in the future, it will be legal worldwide.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
TheUnknownMan

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

I'm jealous of Japan though.They know what to do at the right time.That is how they are so successful.I would love to see Bitcoin as a legal currency in my country.I hope that our government do the right thing about this.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:21:28 PM

Yes, they should, smart countries are already legalizing Bitcoin and jumping into crypto nation strategies. Eventually, every government will legalize Bitcoin, but it would take some time.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:56:47 AM

I am still waiting to read where the Japanese fully legalize bitcoin as a legal currency because I am yet to read the official release to that effect but considering bitcoin as a global currency is something that might not happen in our life time. Since the 1970s there have been some machineries put in place to ensure that the countries in Africa adopt one current but till today, after several years, its still not possible not to talk about a global currency. Should government consider it? Yes but not anytime soon.
2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:06:38 AM

It is possible but so many country are backward in social media and and internet usage. Therefore they are not having d same strength in doing things in common therefore it will take time before this will gell. Divers of tongue , different languages and different way a of thinking and reasoning.
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:20:53 AM

It's never going to happen since governments can't control it. Also, it's too difficult for the average person to transact with it. And it's not stable enough to be a currency. Plus if the internet goes down or all computers get hit with an EM pulse (atomic blast) you can forget about all cryptos!
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:32:24 AM

In my opinion for this moment mostly of the government woud"nt legalize bitcoin as a global currency for the reason that it is anonimous currency that not  associated with the  central bank in the sense of they  could not regulate the bitcoin transaction but we all knew that every country now doing a deep investigation in planning to resolve on how to regulate bitcoin so that government benifitted with it.

Webberson

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 07:35:08 AM

I think governments should come on-board with this new innovation, as to legalize the currency on a global scale. The currency has its own potentials and values which could also be of benefits to the government. So, i believe the government should look for a way to curb the regulatory challenge, so as to effect it on a global level.

Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:35:57 AM

I think it's hard for governments around the world to legalize bitcoin.
Because in Asian countries, many countries face the problem of corruption, if they do not limit the bitcoin, so there may be many assets transferred abroad, this is what they don't want to face problems.

nhuydp1996

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

The government cannot control bitcoin. As of now, no one know who is controlling the bitcoin price and which countries have much bitcoins. countries are thinking about the crypto currency and they are looking the option of their own control crypto currency.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:00:25 AM

Bitcoin should be consider as a legal global currency because if the government will just take their time studying bitcoin then i think that it will be a really great thing for them to use since bitcoin is fast and also cheap which they can use as a gateway to do some big transaction without worrying. If they will consider it as a global currency then a lot of people will use it because of the benefits.
Jingjess

Activity: 336

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:11:27 AM

Our government allows us to use bitcoin and there are some business that accepts bitcoin as form of payment but they don't  consider bitcoin as legal global currency in our country.I think it takes time that our country will accept bitcoin as legal currency.

unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

I don't think so that government will consider bitcoin as a legal currency looking to the present scenario. Bitcoin is anonymous and global. The government cannot control bitcoin so basicallly it will never consider it a legal affair
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: