Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherbots: Decentralised Robot Wars on Ethereum  (Read 641 times)
vitalikslapdog (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:22:42 PM

I came across this yesterday, looks really cool  Cheesy
I haven't played though and don't think I will because I'm still hurting from all the Ether I blew on cryptokitties..

Check it out now! We released a brand new crate + opening animation Wink We're developing it for rewards you win in battle.
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:49:01 PM

Oh yeah this was needed. Move over cryptokitties, the boys are back in town.

Boom goes the dynamite if this works. An explainer/platform demo vid would be great.

Writing up an explanatory medium article as we speak. In the mean time, check out https://medium.com/@etherbots/etherbots-io-launch-decentralized-robot-wars-on-the-blockchain-34b35ea8423c.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:43:46 PM

Thanks for providing the Github!

I like the idea of this project. I'm wondering how you plan to market it?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 06:09:54 PM

I like the idea that you are adding more interactive elements to this idea such as building, customizationS, etc. I believe many will enjoy this level of functionality and I think it has so much to offer this market. I think it also allows so much room to grow and evolve.

Do you have any features you're thinking of adding later on that aren't formal and may actually never make the final cut?

deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:42:34 PM

This is a neat looking project. I am super excited about the dueling capability. Will you ever have more than just 1 vs. 1 duels?
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:04:04 PM

What happens after the crate hard cap is reached?

I'm still curious about this.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

This is a neat looking project. I am super excited about the dueling capability. Will you ever have more than just 1 vs. 1 duels?

Oh, neat idea. I like the 1v1 idea but more than that could really be cool!

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
oviudiu

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:21:45 PM

Hey guys,

My team just launched https://etherbots.io and you can buy an exclusive presale lootcrate (and redeem it) right now.

It's a decentralised collectible form of Robot Wars, and there are over 2 million unique robots possible to create.

We've hard capped the number of crates from the presale at 3900, and hardcoded in an end date, as we're launching the full game in less than two weeks.

>inb4 shill (yes, it's our game!)
>inb4 copycat (we're the first real, non-ponzi game since Crypto Kitties.)

Hope you guys enjoy. Get them while they're cheap Wink

So, that's why we have to pay HUGE taxes whenever we make little transactions with Ethereum, because of this and CryptoKitties..
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

I like the idea that you are adding more interactive elements to this idea such as building, customizationS, etc. I believe many will enjoy this level of functionality and I think it has so much to offer this market. I think it also allows so much room to grow and evolve.

Do you have any features you're thinking of adding later on that aren't formal and may actually never make the final cut?

Hmm. Extensibility is hard due to the nature of immutable contracts, but yes. However, they will have to conform to the interface defined within the existing contracts.

Some current ideas are:

- Different battling modes, i.e. tournament people can sign up for, winner takes all
- Staked battling
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:30:15 AM

Absolutely. We're thinking of extending to a round-robin tournament functionality, where you can buy in and the winner takes all.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:24:44 AM

Hmm. Extensibility is hard due to the nature of immutable contracts, but yes. However, they will have to conform to the interface defined within the existing contracts.

Some current ideas are:

- Different battling modes, i.e. tournament people can sign up for, winner takes all
- Staked battling

Exciting ideas, which features will attract so many people in the future. But' can you tell, Do this game can be played like a conventional game just like walking war robot.

As far as I know from my experience with crypto kitties and after some days played it and it makes me bored.

There is no usefulness to own a kitty.

I can't do anything with it. 
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:33:09 AM

Some current ideas are:

- Staked battling

Exciting ideas, which features will attract so many people in the future. But' can you tell, Do this game can be played like a conventional game just like walking war robot.

As far as I know from my experience with crypto kitties and after some days played it and it makes me bored.

There is no usefulness to own a kitty.

I can't do anything with it. 

That was our exact frustration with CryptoKitties. You can do many, many more things with battling. You can battle other players in both 1v1 & tournament modes, forge new parts from old ones, select perks & recombine or deconstruct your robots. We have a few surprises in store for early adopters too.
ershva

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:51:39 AM

The main reason why companies can break up their production is because trade costs drop significantly as technology progresses. Trade costs cover the entire range of costs facing the firm between the factory or the office where the goods or services are produced, and the final consumer.
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:04:05 AM

I came across this yesterday, looks really cool  Cheesy
I haven't played though and don't think I will because I'm still hurting from all the Ether I blew on cryptokitties..

Thanks! And I'd hold on - China is already revamping the value of cryptokitties Tongue
vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:02:57 AM

UPDATE: some huge announcements here: https://medium.com/@etherbots/etherbots-game-contract-and-team-published-10c979bbd549
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:21:36 AM

You guys are good. Such an interesting game and as the seals will increase the cost of ethereum 👍🏽

vitalikslapdog (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:39:34 AM

You guys are good. Such an interesting game and as the seals will increase the cost of ethereum 👍🏽

Thanks! The site is blowing up, and we haven't even had our massive announcement yet.
somewhan

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

really neat, but too expensive for me to throw at a game.
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:07:25 AM

Is there a demo video?
Grahnite

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

DeepOnions for the WIN!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:16:44 AM

This looks AWESOME. I bought quite a number of crates and got some good stuff. golds and Shadow parts. Yay! Can’t wait for the game to launch. Good luck devs and all success!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███