Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (closed) Merit System Upgrade in Altcoin Section: Receive Merit from me  (Read 1368 times)
vlom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:06:39 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 07:11:36 PM by vlom
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

hi there

EDIT: closed it because it went offtopic. sorry

i really like the idea that QuestionAuthority had and i will try to do it in Altcoin Discussion.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.0

I don’t have much Merit to give but I’m going to give it up until it’s all gone. I’m not sure if this is the right section for this thread because I’m not really selling anything. It’s about accounts so I’ll just leave it here until someone decides to move it. I don’t know if this is wrong to do. I don’t care if I get negative trust for doing this because I don’t buy anything here, sell anything here, join signature campaigns or post routinely in threads that even show the trust rating. Essentially I don’t make money here so I don’t use trust anyway.

I felt sorry for SOME of the members that posted in the merit thread. They seemed to be fairly articulate, fairly knowledgeable, rational and really trying to be members of this group of dreamers (community).

Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re not just going to beg for merit and I give it. Do not PM me and offer to pay me for merit points. Your money means nothing to me. I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum (just ask Gleb Gamow if you don’t believe me). I will report you to a mod that will give you negative trust for being a potential scammer. You will ask me to research your post history and direct me to 10-20 posts that you believe show you have a deep desire to learn about, use, and support bitcoin. I will then ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

Bitcoin does not mean altcoin. I know altcoins are more popular on this forum than bitcoin. I don’t care. I will only help bitcoiners level up. If most of your post history is in altcoin threads I won’t help you. I do not consider Bitcoin Cash to be bitcoin. If you don’t know what the real bitcoin is then you haven’t been here long enough for me to help you. Which leads me to the group I’m willing to help.

Rank                  Required activity            Required merit
Brand new                    0                            0
Newbie                         1                            0
Jr Member                   30                            0
Member                       60                           10
Full Member                120                           100
Sr. Member                 240                           250
Hero Member              480                           500

New members, Newbies, Jr Members and Members don’t need any merit. They don’t have enough post history to judge so I won’t be helping them.

Full members, Sr. Members and Hero Members really got screwed with the merit system. Some of them were really close to leveling up and now have to wait until they’ve impressed the right person to probably get only one merit point from them. The most extreme case of this is Hero Member. They may need hundreds of merit points to level up which could take a very long time to get.

You will be working for 20 merit points. Good luck to all. I will announce when they’re gone and lock the thread.

Again why: Because i am reading and writing in the Altcoin Sub. And i think that there are Altcoins that are good. E.g. i like the idea behind BAT.

I won't ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

You will get Merit from me
  • if you tell me something that i don't know yet.
  • Or just surprise me. Tell me something that you think everybody needs to know.
  • Update: or show me the post that you think should have been merited.

I have a lot to learn about Bitcoin and i have a lot to learn about Altcoins too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

don't you have to tell me something? then i will ask a question.

there where a lot of ICOs that created an ERC20 Token (https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/ERC20_Token_Standard). Is there an other idea or an improvement of the ERC20 that will lead to a replacement?
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:36:47 PM

don't you have to tell me something? then i will ask a question.

there where a lot of ICOs that created an ERC20 Token (https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/ERC20_Token_Standard). Is there an other idea or an improvement of the ERC20 that will lead to a replacement?

I did not understand the question a little, but I think you meant the standard ERC223
But it seems to me that he will not replace ERC20 (although it has some advantages)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

i think you understood the questions. but what is better with ERC223? i never heard of it.
Darthswan

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:23:33 PM
Merited by vlom (2)

i think you understood the questions. but what is better with ERC223? i never heard of it.

you can not send funds to a smart contract that is not suitable for that particular coin.
with ERC20 we simply lost tokens)

Well, with ERC20 the commissions, now, like there are no problems

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:48:34 PM

thank you. sent you 2.
some more info.
https://themerkle.com/what-is-the-erc223-token-standard/
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:53:27 PM
Merited by vlom (1)

ERC23 tokens can not be sent to a random contract, such as Ethereum. Only the contract specified with ERC23 deposits accepts the ERC23 tokenss. ERC23 supports all ERC20 functions.
irvinwelsh

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:10:00 PM

Most important idea is to make gas price lower -> commissions lower. That was the driver of developing ERC223

By the way, let me ask your opinion. I saw that you have Legendary status, so probably, you're good enough to see the problem existing in the market now. I mean the problem of infrastructure projects. Almost all project now (except few dozens of them) are infrastructure or marketplace. No one is trying to make the product itself, everyone using concept: project for projects. Is it a problem of mindset or limitations of blockchain technology? It's great for banking and areas, directly integrated with the finance industry, but people are trying to implement it anywhere and at the end look like a fool. So what do you think about the development of community-driven standardization of the projects? Self-Governance system to allow or disallow project with unclear product or goals?
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:49:56 PM

buzzword DAPP.
why should this be the next big thing? tell me some real use cases and it has to be done with a blockchain?
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

buzzard DAG.

whats this and why is Byteball better because it uses it?
Darthswan

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:35:38 PM

buzzard DAG.

DAG is generated by new transactions (snowball) thats why byteball
No blockchain
No POS\POW
No Mine
Fast transactions
Transaction can be completely hidden
Real anonymity
Speed and consistency of transactions, regardless of their number.

Really a good coin)

can I ask you a question too) BFT Consensus Blockchain? what do you think of it?)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rizkyalhabsy

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:28:38 PM

there in say to rank fullmember to sr.member from 240 aktivity will get 250 merit automatically or to be sr.member need 240 aktivity and merit. please inform sir
kalkuluskaskus

Activity: 210
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:23:41 PM

there in say to rank fullmember to sr.member from 240 aktivity will get 250 merit automatically or to be sr.member need 240 aktivity and merit. please inform sir

you must have 250 merit and 240 activity for go t Sr.Member, you already have 100 merit.
rizkyalhabsy

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:36:12 PM

you must have 250 merit and 240 activity for go t Sr.Member, you already have 100 merit.

as it seems thank you for this information
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:19:02 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 03:41:59 AM by wwzsocki
Merited by vlom (1)

I will apply for your merits because I was just 2 weeks before rank up.

I know a lot of many alts.

Maybe are you interested in something and need an explanation?

I think everybody shall know that new altcoins like AION are called the third-generation blockchain.

Bitcoin was the first generation blockchain. These first-generation blockchains provided a solution to conventional transaction limitations by implementing cryptographically-secure, peer-to-peer, digital transactions that are verified by a decentralized global network and recorded into an immutable public ledger.
With the second generation of the blockchain, Ethereum introduced the ability to build application-specific logic upon a blockchain network. This enabled new capabilities beyond transactions to incorporate state, business logic, and multi-party contracts to be stored and executed on a blockchain and written to an immutable ledger. These concepts have been incorporated into other distributed ledger technologies and have led to the distinction of building a blockchain and building upon a blockchain.

Aion: the third-generation blockchain
In the future, blockchains will federate data and value in a hub and spoke model similar to the internet. The future of mainstream
blockchain adoption will be achieved by the development of a networked, federated blockchain to integrate these separate spokes. That
integrated blockchain network is Aion.
Aion is a third-generation blockchain network that will enable any private or public sector organization to:
Federate: Send data and value between any Aion-compliant blockchain and Ethereum.
Scale: Provide fast transaction processing and increased data capacity to all Aion blockchains.
Spoke: Allow the creation of customized public or private blockchains that maintain interoperability with other blockchains, but
allow publishers to choose governance, consensus mechanisms, issuance, and participation.
At the root of the Aion network is a purpose-built, public, third-generation blockchain called Aion-1. Designed to connect other blockchains
and manage its own robust applications, Aion-1 also provides the economic system that incentivizes interoperability in the ecosystem.

There is some confusion lately with EOS having all the benefits of third-gen blockchain is further enhanced by horizontal and vertical parallelism to address the long debate and limitations of scalability. Devs calls EOS first fourth-generation blockchain. But I personally think this is still third gen. with some features added.

Enough to surprise you?

vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:53:17 AM

buzzard DAG.

No blockchain
No POS\POW
No Mine
Fast transactions
Real anonymity

Really a good coin)

can I ask you a question too) BFT Consensus Blockchain? what do you think of it?)

you write: no blockchain.
who we do have to trust in a "DAG system"?
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:56:52 AM

I will apply for your merits because I was just 2 weeks before rank up.

I know a lot of many alts.

Maybe are you interested in something and need an explanation?

I think everybody shall know that new altcoins like AION are called the third-generation blockchain.

Bitcoin was the first generation blockchain. These first-generation blockchains provided a solution to conventional transaction limitations by implementing cryptographically-secure, peer-to-peer, digital transactions that are verified by a decentralized global network and recorded into an immutable public ledger.
With the second generation of the blockchain, Ethereum introduced the ability to build application-specific logic upon a blockchain network. This enabled new capabilities beyond transactions to incorporate state, business logic, and multi-party contracts to be stored and executed on a blockchain and written to an immutable ledger. These concepts have been incorporated into other distributed ledger technologies and have led to the distinction of building a blockchain and building upon a blockchain.

Aion: the third-generation blockchain
In the future, blockchains will federate data and value in a hub and spoke model similar to the internet. The future of mainstream
blockchain adoption will be achieved by the development of a networked, federated blockchain to integrate these separate spokes. That
integrated blockchain network is Aion.
Aion is a third-generation blockchain network that will enable any private or public sector organization to:
Federate: Send data and value between any Aion-compliant blockchain and Ethereum.
Scale: Provide fast transaction processing and increased data capacity to all Aion blockchains.
Spoke: Allow the creation of customized public or private blockchains that maintain interoperability with other blockchains, but
allow publishers to choose governance, consensus mechanisms, issuance, and participation.
At the root of the Aion network is a purpose-built, public, third-generation blockchain called Aion-1. Designed to connect other blockchains
and manage its own robust applications, Aion-1 also provides the economic system that incentivizes interoperability in the ecosystem.

There is some confusion lately with EOS having all the benefits of third-gen blockchain is further enhanced by horizontal and vertical parallelism to address the long debate and limitations of scalability. Devs calls EOS first fourth-generation blockchain. But I personally think this is still third gen. with some features added.

Enough to surprise you?

i have to admit that i need some examples to really understand you.
Darthswan

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:24:01 AM

buzzard DAG.

No blockchain
No POS\POW
No Mine
Fast transactions
Real anonymity

Really a good coin)

Instead of the miners, transactions are confirmed by "witnesses" -
trusted user

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vlom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:44:47 AM

buzzard DAG.

No blockchain
No POS\POW
No Mine
Fast transactions
Real anonymity

Really a good coin)

Instead of the miners, transactions are confirmed by "witnesses" -
trusted user

and how can you trust a witness? e.g. i could be a byteball witness. why would you trust me? at the moment i only trust the witnesses from tony.
Darthswan

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:28:46 AM
Merited by vlom (1)

and how can you trust a witness? e.g. i could be a byteball witness. why would you trust me? at the moment i only trust the witnesses from tony.

this is for the moment, in the future they want to delegate these powers. (organizations, institutions)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █