Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are all these Airdrops nonsense, or are there any geniune coins on the horizon?  (Read 181 times)
amerrigan (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:31:43 PM

Seems to be a million new airdrops every day, is this getting out of hand now; I for one don't want to have to join a telegram spam channel and spam the crap out of my friends on twitter/facebook for referrals.

Is there a filtered list anywhere?
randee888

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:21:07 PM
Merited by allanr (1)

Dude, if you dont want to spam your friend with refferal or something dont join airdrop that need you to invite other people. There still another airdrop who only need you to follow their twitter and joining their telegram group, also you can mute the channel if you feel like to noisy or spammy. And even if they have refferal program its not mandatory to share it, you still get what you deserve but smaller amount.
Xioma

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:22:24 PM

Seems to be a million new airdrops every day, is this getting out of hand now; I for one don't want to have to join a telegram spam channel and spam the crap out of my friends on twitter/facebook for referrals.

Unfortunately many airdrops are pretty cancer nowadays. Just like how many ICOs are scammy, people try to abuse aidrops as well and most of them aren't even worth doing as a result.
amerrigan (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

Dude, if you dont want to spam your friend with refferal or something dont join airdrop that need you to invite other people. There still another airdrop who only need you to follow their twitter and joining their telegram group, also you can mute the channel if you feel like to noisy or spammy. And even if they have refferal program its not mandatory to share it, you still get what you deserve but smaller amount.

I appreciate that I don't have to join or participate but there's so many new ones each day, surely the whole airdrop thing is getting out of hand?

The whole airdrop community is like "quick another one, spam away" rather than anyone looking into that the ICO's are about, was just wondering if there was a thread around on BCT that was sanity checking what they posted rather than try to get another referral.

amerrigan (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:49:32 PM

Unfortunately many airdrops are pretty cancer nowadays. Just like how many ICOs are scammy, people try to abuse aidrops as well and most of them aren't even worth doing as a result.

Perhaps creating fake ICO's is the new mining? Wonder if anyone's created a blockchain based on fake ICO's yet?
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:54:14 PM

Well nothing in this world is for free. Obviously if you want to get the airdrops then you have to follow their rules as well. Blaming devs for scammy airdrops is not good as most airdrop participants are not for the long term, and just want to get a quick profit.

I personally don't participate in airdrops as I think it only motivates devs to create ton of shittokens which have no use beyond pump and dump.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:48:45 PM

Well nothing in this world is for free. Obviously if you want to get the airdrops then you have to follow their rules as well. Blaming devs for scammy airdrops is not good as most airdrop participants are not for the long term, and just want to get a quick profit.

I personally don't participate in airdrops as I think it only motivates devs to create ton of shittokens which have no use beyond pump and dump.
I had an airdrop for my colossal of a project a.k.a "activity token" which was a failure even before it started, I was free to do the airdrop, nobody stopped me from doing it, so any other lowlife beggar is also free to do the same, and they are doing it with the help of others unlike me. I was alone, I wanted to get rich fast just like everybody else, my excuse was: a man has got to eat, right?
I participated in POStoken airdrop and after 2 months sold my tokens and got $80. no other airdrops ever since. I participated for POStoken airdrop because there was no requirements other than registering in a site which was designed for the airdrop tracking, any other airdrops asking to follow and join is a scam, they want you to advertise their scam.

🖤😏
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:52:48 PM

I am very sceptical about Airdrops. And I think it is getting worst with time. Most of the airdrops are just worthless and I see no reason to waist so much time and read all about it.

Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:54:25 PM

A lot of these airdrops are nonsense like others have said. Anyone can make a coin, and more than often nothing materializes.

There are some good coins, but due to all the airdrops it's hard for good coins to get noticed. I find that the good coins will continue working towards their goal and you can follow the progress through some channel such as Github.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:23:55 PM

Don't expect a real airdrop anytime soon those are once in a year opportunities it seems. Ripple, Decred, and DeepOnion have all had great airdrops but the opportunities are limited given the influx of new airdrop coins and tokens every year.

amerrigan (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:48:29 PM

Don't expect a real airdrop anytime soon those are once in a year opportunities it seems. Ripple, Decred, and DeepOnion have all had great airdrops but the opportunities are limited given the influx of new airdrop coins and tokens every year.

Any idea how to spot them?

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:01:19 AM

Any idea how to spot them?
Why do you want to spot them? you are here to get some free airdrops and dump them first chance you've got even with no available exchange? you are like people opening a trading thread for their airdrop coins to get rid of them. when I received POStokens, I had them for 2 months, until they told us how to stake them by using smart contract commands, I was genuinely interested to see how would using a smart contract be like, I staked 60 and had 80-87 after a few seconds, because I had them on my ETH address for 2 months.

I sold them after seeing some of the large stake holders were doing the same thing they have always done with every coin, pump-dump.
That was my only fruitful airdrop, now I am just trolling the scammers with their E-X coins, Exrp, EBTC, EETH.

🖤😏
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:09:51 AM

I see tons of airdrop links everyday and honestly, most are nonsence. The ones who request you to send some eth are pure scam and it goes against the meaning of airdrop. Airdrops are free

https://cryptotvplus.com
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:23:48 AM

Airdrops became a hit here in the forum, there are a lot of airdrops that are not even worth it. Hoping that campaigns won't just be producing airdrops for fun, I mean, they should know first if the campaign they are doing will be successful or not. Joining airdrops too, might need an extra research first so your wallet won't be filled with shitcoins or coins that don't have any value. I, myself, after trying to join an airdrop and has received a shitcoin, started now to ignore shitcoins that are having airdrops.

dacmac

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:25:31 AM

Its a gamble joining them , annoying when they want so much information.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:30:11 AM

Good idea mate, there are so many fake airdrops right now, i would like also know is there a filter to this. They are using it to gain more followers and referrals to their ico sign up. And if anyone who read this, please stop abusing it
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:12:06 AM

Airdrops nowadays are getting out of hand because of this referral thing. People tend to create new accounts just for that and also soliciting other people to be a referral for them. I found it very annoying.
snkneo

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:17:15 AM

I've joined around 5 airdrops, total combine value is $5. And that's because all of the tokens that I received for one air drop is worth $5.
nascrypto

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:21:40 AM

At least 90% of the airdrops are not paying anything or even they, the value of the tokens are nothing. But, some of them might flourish in future....who knows!!! 
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:25:16 AM

I think there are still a few good airdrops out there but these would ostly fall into the category of ICO tokens that have already raised the requried cap then give something back to the community. POLY and SHIPCHAIN are 2 of these giving away tokens worth over $100.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: