Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LIST: How to define ICO terminology  (Read 114 times)
Kristen_Colwell (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:42:31 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 11:51:13 PM by Kristen_Colwell

Hi all,

I'm working on this list of ICO definitions. This is a LIVING LIST, and I'm seeking input so that I can create a public glossary of sorts. Share your thoughts! I'll constantly update the definitions on this list based on new information. See the end of the list for sources...there will be many in addition to the feedback I get here.

This ICO DEFINITION LIST works in tandem with this HOW TO EVALUATE ICO OPPORTUNITIES list.

First, I am gathering a list of terms to be defined. Let me know what you'd like to add:

• DApp: Abbreviated form of decentralized application. A DApp has its backend code running on a decentralized peer-to-peer network.
  • Token: Representation of a particular asset or utility, that usually resides on top of another blockchain.
  • Altcoin: Abbreviated form of alternative cryptocurrency coins. Coins that are an alternative to Bitcoin. Each altcoin possesses its own independent blockchain, where transactions relating to the native coins occur.
  • Utility Token:
  • Security Token:
  • Usage/Work Token:
  • Use Case:
  • Testnet:
  • MVP:
  • Hard Cap:
  • Soft Cap:
  • ROI:
  • Marketcap:
  • Freeze:
  • Vesting:
  • Staking:
  • Masternodes:
  • Mining:
  • Proof of Work:
  • Proof of Stake:
  • Hashing:
  • Gas:
  • gwei:

Thanks in advance for your collaboration!

Sources:
1. Stack Exchange: https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/383/what-is-a-dapp
2. "Coins, Tokens & Altcoins: What’s the Difference?" by Master the Crypto: https://masterthecrypto.com/differences-between-cryptocurrency-coins-and-tokens/

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:03:08 PM

Hi all,

I'm working on this list of ICO definitions. This is a LIVING LIST, and I'm seeking input so that I can create a public glossary of sorts. Share your thoughts! I'll constantly update the definitions on this list based on new information. See the end of the list for sources...there will be many in addition to the feedback I get here.

This ICO DEFINITION LIST works in tandem with this HOW TO EVALUATE ICO OPPORTUNITIES list.

First, I am gathering a list of terms to be defined. Let me know what you'd like to add:

• DApp:
  • Token:
  • Utility Token:
  • Security Token:
  • Usage/Work Token:
  • Use Case:
  • Testnet:
  • MVP:

Sources:

Hard Cap
Soft Cap
ROI
Marketcap
Freeze
Vesting
Staking
Masternodes

The list could be endless, but I wish you good luck with this compilation, it has a certain potential to help newcomers.

Kristen_Colwell (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:47:51 PM

Hard Cap
Soft Cap
ROI
Marketcap
Freeze
Vesting
Staking
Masternodes

The list could be endless, but I wish you good luck with this compilation, it has a certain potential to help newcomers.

Thanks! I added the terms. What do you think about breaking all these definitions into sections? I'm thinking I could group definitions into the same sections on THE LIST

Appreciate your help!
 Grin
Crypto-Kristen

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
MichaelMeu

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:16:33 AM

Hi all,

• DApp:
  • Token:
  • Utility Token:
  • Security Token:
  • Usage/Work Token:
  • Use Case:
  • Testnet:
  • MVP:
  • Hard Cap:
  • Soft Cap:
  • ROI:
  • Marketcap:
  • Freeze:
  • Vesting:
  • Staking:
  • Masternodes:

Sources:

Mining, Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, hashing, gas, gwei,
- there's also some platform specific ones like - IOTA's tangle, Ethereum's ERC-20 tokens, NEO's gas etc. which is dependent upon which platform a project wishes to run on
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: