Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fees are reducing?  (Read 329 times)
bayupermana

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:59:21 PM

Yea the transaction fees have gone down and are back to normal as it was before, I recently did a transaction with 47/byte and surprisingly it didn't take much time. This is a good sign of stability and we can look forward to the increase in the price of bitcoin. Many users who shifted to altcoins for transaction issues may also come back to bitcoin now.
I think Bitcoin prices are showing signs of significant improvement over the last few days and I am sure in February or March the Bitcoin price may start to rise consistently and may soon reach $ 50,000 this year. Right now it is an opportunity for everyone to invest in Bitcoin because the current price of Bitcoin is very cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:03:45 PM

They are reducing but what some people have conveniently left out is that the price of bitcoin is nearly halved in that time as well. That to me is important because % wise I don't think things have gotten much better.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:04:00 PM

I think Bitcoin fees have reduced recently. Is it due to Segwit?

I'm not sure if that's true in the first place. There is no way such development can take place on that much short period. If that has to be true then there would have been movement in the forum itself.

Or that could be about the mega exchanger that was hacked recently and theft steal away 580 million NEM coins. This means that transaction over that exchangers are completely halted for the time being and this appended up the transaction which were halted for long time.

That's just presumptions but story and logic can be different really.
Kravious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:06:00 PM

I believe it is due to the lightning network that increases the speed and lowers the fees for transactions
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:06:21 PM

I also noticed that the fees are coming down and the time of completion is also reduced. May be owners are holding instead of selling because of the price going down as many people are on losing side of their transaction. So the coins are in the wallet and not in the blockchain.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:07:06 PM
Merited by Akash1243 (1)

The fees have gone down considerably and that is because of the total number of unconfirmed transactions having dropped from an average around 150,000 down to around 50,000 right now, according to blockchain.info. That's a considerable drop considering where it used to be at, and being one-third of the quantity that it used to be at is nothing less than a major statistic for the rest of the network.

The full-retard hype is over now, and we're seeing a transition back to the "normal" existence of Bitcoin. It'll see a lot of things slow down a lot.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 11:51:36 PM by Akash1243
Merited by Sasuke102001 (3), jtipt (1)

The transactions fees is decreasing because the number of transactions struck in the mempool has drastically decreased this transactions fees reverting to normal.This increase in fees was cause by crazy increase in people investing in bitcoins when it was around $18k, which increased traffic like anything but it is normal now and soon LN would be implemented reducing fees more and increasing speed of transactions.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:39:58 PM

I actually noticed it only yesterday but I don’t know the reason why it is currently going down but it is indeed some very good news because I am sure most of us are tired about the high fees but since we had no option we just had to comply.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:41:02 PM

Maybe it's because of segwit why bitcoin transaction decreased. For sure most of us that happen and that's really happen the transaction fee is decreasing and I hope it will continue and go back again at 20k satoshi. For sure the price of the bitcoin will increase again because most the user not send their bitcoin to the other realted bitcoin business because the fee is very high.  I hope the fee will not increase again because it's hard to earn bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:59:38 AM

Finally, the news that we have been waiting for and for which there was not enough confidence, because the bitcoin developers kept silence. If the introduction of SegWit and the network of lightning will only increase, then the situation will stabilize definitively. Yes, for bitcoin and his admirers, this month was very difficult in the context of a minimum of information about plans for improvement.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:09:51 AM
Merited by Akash1243 (5)

The transactions fees is decreasing because the number of transactions struck in the mempool has drastically decreased this transactions fees reverting to normal.This increase in fees was cause by crazy increase in people investing in bitcoins when it was around $18k, which increased traffic like anything but it is normal now and soon LN would be implemented reducing fees more and increasing speed of transactions.
Along with that I think segwit adoption has helped the mempool, as of today segwit adoption has reached ab all time high if 18%, and recently the user "Loaded" transfered his 40k BTC to a Bech32 address this tells that you should switch to segwit even if your coins are in cold storage.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:35:03 AM

Really ? I am not aware on this though but to be honest on our country the fee is so much , so high to be precise. And I wish that the fee is go down or reduce.
peterthegreat (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:36:35 PM

The fees have gone down considerably and that is because of the total number of unconfirmed transactions having dropped from an average around 150,000 down to around 50,000 right now, according to blockchain.info. That's a considerable drop considering where it used to be at, and being one-third of the quantity that it used to be at is nothing less than a major statistic for the rest of the network.

The full-retard hype is over now, and we're seeing a transition back to the "normal" existence of Bitcoin. It'll see a lot of things slow down a lot.

Yes I think this too. Fees are lowering because less people are using it. Segwit has not been adopted widely yet.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
hdasd

Activity: 216
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:00:58 AM

Really ? I am not aware on this though but to be honest on our country the fee is so much , so high to be precise. And I wish that the fee is go down or reduce.

Bitcoin skyrocketed Heaven is already a common phenomenon, but in tandem with it there is bitcoin transaction costs. In fact, if you can not solve the bottleneck of slow delivery and high costs, Bitcoin will never be among the mainstream currencies.
Tony_Nguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

What kind of fees are you talking about? Exchange fees are reducing due to tough competition of new comers
ajjhu

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:17:25 AM

If bitcoin solves the problem of high fees, I think this is a very important step for bitcoin to go mainstream and if a currency is too expensive to pay, not many will be willing to pay extra for it, Because it is not worth it.
Anna567

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:18:56 AM

Yes, this is one of the reasons for it.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:23:31 AM

now there are around 36k transaction stuck and compared to December where it was like 200k yes, definitely the transaction fees dropped by normal price.
Segwit and less transactions on the network are the reason for this and i guess fees are going to get back to normal price quite soon.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:24:34 AM

Yes the fees are quite getting lower now, i think it is because of the price being low this month, the price and the fees for bitcoin is directly proportional if the price goes down, so does the transaction fees for it, and if the price of bitcoin is high the transaction fees are also high.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:46:46 AM

A lot of people have been complaining about high transaction fees but it turns out that most wallet force you to overpay for your transactions. If your wallet doesn't let you set a custom fee then you should definitely think of changing it. Lightning Network is still not supported by many wallets so it will take some time before it will affect fees. SegWit makes a difference especially if you have a lot of inputs in your transaction. I would recommend anyone to switch over to bech32 address.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: