Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving & Spending Bitcoin 101 - Stimulating the Bitcoin economy  (Read 1979 times)
Patel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 10:41:37 PM

Hey,

I wanted to share with you all how I use Bitcoin day to day. Alot of people don't like to spend Bitcoins because they are accumulating interest on them, and thats understandable.

Here is what I do.

I have lets say 2 accounts. One checking and one saving you can say.

My saving never gets touched. I have bought however many I wanted, and stored them away for a long time.

Whenever I want to buy something, I will not use my savings, but I will buy at market price and immediately transfer it to the merchant.

This benefits me in alot of ways:

1. I paid the same price as I would if I used a debit card.
2. It indirectly increases the value of my savings because I purchased more bitcoin.

It benefits the Bitcoin economy because there is more Bitcoins being spent and circulated.

Coinbase is really my best friend, if I order something, it will say send "x amount of Bitcoins to this address" I will purchase that x amount and immediately transfer it.

Coinbase is my new PayPal pretty much

Just wanted to share that
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

Hey,

I wanted to share with you all how I use Bitcoin day to day. Alot of people don't like to spend Bitcoins because they are accumulating interest on them, and thats understandable.

Here is what I do.

I have lets say 2 accounts. One checking and one saving you can say.

My saving never gets touched. I have bought however many I wanted, and stored them away for a long time.

Whenever I want to buy something, I will not use my savings, but I will buy at market price and immediately transfer it to the merchant.

This benefits me in alot of ways:

1. I paid the same price as I would if I used a debit card.
2. It indirectly increases the value of my savings because I purchased more bitcoin.

It benefits the Bitcoin economy because there is more Bitcoins being spent and circulated.

Coinbase is really my best friend, if I order something, it will say send "x amount of Bitcoins to this address" I will purchase that x amount and immediately transfer it.

Coinbase is my new PayPal pretty much

Just wanted to share that

+1

This guy knows how to bitcoin.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
enter`name`here

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:06:08 PM

This sounds what i like to do as well. I have a certain amount of fiat i like to regularly change into BTC as a long term savings, and when i see something that i can buy online with BTC that i was going to buy with fiat anyway i will purchase the equivalent amount of BTC and make the payment with it.
Winslow Strong

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:31:46 PM

Good idea.  I'm going to start doing this where I can.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:16:24 AM

Good strategy indeed
This is how I manage my bitcoins

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:07:16 AM

Yes, I likes this or similar methods.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:18:10 AM

only way to do it.

my latest BTC buy was e-cigarettes, not only do i get to help the bitcoin economy but i save my health in the process, unbelievable? believe it!   Cheesy

pwi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:22:55 PM

only way to do it.

my latest BTC buy was e-cigarettes, not only do i get to help the bitcoin economy but i save my health in the process, unbelievable? believe it!   Cheesy

Care to share where you purchased the e-cigs? Thanks.

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:30:31 PM

only way to do it.

Care to share where you purchased the e-cigs? Thanks.

https://www.vaporstation.com

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:08:14 PM

I've read Simulating the Bitcoin economy and I don't think that is coincidental.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:52:52 AM

I've been experimenting with this method for the last few months and it has been working quite well. The only hiccup I see here is the dependance on banks. For example, if more banks start to regulate Bitcoin transactions.

Obviously, integrating the banking system and providing the ease of use for Coinbase users is a transitional decision and once adoption is at a much larger scale and prices stabilize down the line, the dependance on banks will be minimal. For now, it works and it works great. I am looking forward to more and more people taking advantage of this method and the growth of Bitcoin for the everyday customer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: