Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MERIT SYSTEM - Effective way to regain a healthy forum  (Read 148 times)
JinCrypts (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

Even though I'm new here, i still have some knowledge what is currently happening here in bitcointalk forum
well ofcourse i learned it by myself through constant reading.

Merit System implemented last Jan 24 2018 by Theymos.
To sums what i've read so far.

Those who are in favor in the new Merit system are those who,
1. Value this forum so much
2. Really care about crypto
3. Spends time here in forum to educate the needy.
4. Cares for healthy environtment in the forum
5. Againts the abuse of account farmers, shit posters and spammers

and ofcourse there are also who contradicts this merit system are those who,
1. Only want is money
2. Dont care about the environtment of the forum
3. Are toxics.
4. Nothing but leechers.

I've also read about the red trust for the shitposter which is done by The Pharmacist, Lauda, Actmyname, and manymore i personally think that they are right to do such things to punish those who dont deserve being here in forum.

In conclusion:
We must support this project to regain the integrity and healthiness of this forum. Forum is used to share knowledge with one another and not by making a living out of it. So guys be patient enough when nobody is merit-ing you just do what you always do post sensible topics about crypto and eventually somebody will merit you. Patience is the key brothers. #SupportMeritSystem

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:28:49 PM
Merited by otrkid70 (1)

What's the point of creating another thread about Merit system? You didn't posted anything new that wasn't already said. Meta is full of threads about it, why you didn't posted in one of existing threads?
Meta board looks really messy in recent days...

gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:39:21 PM

This is a failed attempt to replicate the success of other similar threads. My advice is that you need to be unique as well. Try to come up with ideas not discussed here before. You seem to have a lot of potential.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:53:35 PM

I would like to make a couple of constructive observations on this thread.

1)  Merit is very limited, but if you give it, it creates more.  If a person receives two merits, they then are alloted an additional merit to give.

So the estimate is that 600,000 merits were initially alloted.  That means if it all were spent, an additional 300,000 merit would be created.  And if that were spend, and additional 150,000 merit would be created.  Etc.

Basically, we can almost double the amount of merit "in play" if we use it often.

2)  If possible, give merit in multiple of 2s  ... 2, 4, 6, 10 ... instead of odd numbers.  The reason is that by using multiples of 2, it will allow the recipient to re-give all the merit immediately.  If you give someone 1 merit, they are stuck with 0.5 to give until they receive more merit.  Alternatively, if you just have one to give, you could look for people with an odd number of merit to "round up" and free up a merit point. 

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:48:26 PM

As far as Merit system is concerned I support it and think it is great idea. Most of people here share this thinking, and there is nothing more to say about that.

I've also read about the red trust for the shitposter which is done by The Pharmacist, Lauda, Actmyname, and manymore i personally think that they are right to do such things to punish those who dont deserve being here in forum.
Who deserve to be here on forum and who don't are on Admins to decide, not us. This idea of red trust for shitposters is not possible, because we all know that you can't get red trust from shitposting. It is called red trust for a reason, and its mostly for trading sector. Quality of post have nothing to do with it, and it should not.

In time we will see if Merit system will be success or not. Till than we can all try to give our best in following forums rules, and have some fun in learning new things and sharing what we know... because that is why we are here after all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: