Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "failed to read block" always occurring on startup  (Read 673 times)
davidwt (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:03:31 AM

I downloaded bitcoin-0.8.3-win32-setup.exe and installed onto my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate computer, ran it, and shortly after it started working, it popped this error dialog: "failed to read block".

I deleted the %appdata%\roaming\bitcoin folder, reran it to the same error.  I uninstalled it, repeated the same steps, resulting in the same error.

Then I tried the same with bitcoin-0.8.2-win32-setup.exe and it gave the same error even after repeating above.

It doesn't take long during its download of data before popping up this error.  Nothing I do seems to solve this.  I even tried running with Administrator privilege to no avail.

I would attach the debug.log if this forum would let me.
ferskvare

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:55:32 AM

Could this be the same issue as when I run cgminer after having a long pause? cgminer makes bin-files (like scrypt130302Pitcairnglg2tc5120w256l4.bin) which it works with, and I think it saves info on block etc it is currently processing. If I too long of a timeout before starting cgminer again, it will sometimes crash or fail - I think becuase it is trying to handle information that is no longer valid.

Or I could be way off, and this has all been for nothing Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: