Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which European country best for Bitcoin mining?  (Read 824 times)
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

Hello Geeks

I need your feedback and opinion on below mentioned scenario:-

I am planning to setup a IT Company with focus on cryptocurrency and plan to do below mentioned activity:-

1. Setup my own small mining farm (like 10 to 20 miners)
2. Start a Cloud mining venture like Genesis Mining and sell out Cloud Mining contracts by leasing my miners.
3. Other IT activities.

Factors to consider while choosing a destination are:-

1. Low tax rate
2. Crypto friendly environment
3. Preferably low electricity costs
4. Muslim friendly country where veil & Hijab is allowed.
5. Easy immigration for Startup Entrepreneurs

Thank you.  Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zoran.drobnjak

Activity: 88
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:04:19 AM
Merited by Tyrantt (5)

Check Serbia.

1 - Lowest Tax in addition to tax deductions and subsidies for investors, please check > http://ras.gov.rs/invest-in-serbia/why-serbia/financial-benefits-and-incentives
2 - Crypto friendly legal framework, for more details you can contact their local Bitcoin association > office@bitcoinasocijacija.org
3 - Cheapest electricity in the area
4 - In addition to Muslims, a sort of hijab is also worn by a number of older ladies and grandma's, cities such as Belgrade or Novi-Sad also have Syrian and Iraqi communities
5 - Simple immigration, please check this short video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1PnY1Wiu4

Government agency to contact for details > office@ras.gov.rs , +38111-339-8900
Easiest is to hire a local investment lawyer who can assist, preferably one recommended by a local Bitcoin association who is familiar with crypto bussines.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:10:56 AM

Hello Geeks

I am planning to setup a IT Company with focus on cryptocurrency and plan to do below mentioned activity:-

2. Start a Cloud mining venture like Genesis Mining and sell out Cloud Mining contracts by leasing my miners.
3. Other IT activities.

1. Low tax rate

Thank you.  Smiley

Just a word of advice from myself, you should probably set up those machines to mine for yourself. I think people in general are weary about the idea of cloud mining. After all, why would they pay less for something that has the potential to make the owner more money? Furthermore, many other cloud mining companies have been exposed as scams in the past. Be a little cautious of how you approach the situation.

If you want to look for a place, ideally, you'd go somewhere North to set up, especially where it's a little cooler. You'll reduce the costs that you pay for cooling. Furthermore, the housing prices as you go further north and into the cold, I'm sure, would start dropping drastically, so keep that in mind.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:43:05 AM

Check Serbia.

1 - Lowest Tax in addition to tax deductions and subsidies for investors, please check > http://ras.gov.rs/invest-in-serbia/why-serbia/financial-benefits-and-incentives
2 - Crypto friendly legal framework, for more details you can contact their local Bitcoin association > office@bitcoinasocijacija.org
4 - In addition to Muslims, a sort of hijab is also worn by a number of older ladies and grandma's, cities such as Belgrade or Novi-Sad also have Syrian and Iraqi communities
5 - Simple immigration, please check this short video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1PnY1Wiu4

Easiest is to hire a local investment lawyer who can assist, preferably one recommended by a local Bitcoin association who is familiar with crypto bussines.

Pretty much, the government is trying to make it a lot easier for someone who's not from Serbia to start out a business, and that subsidies are humbly given out to all foreign investors. You have nothing to worry about it being crypto friendly, I don't think that government has any plans considering crypto. As player514, summer can get pretty hot and winters quite cold, so you can balance those two out. Freedom is something that's of abundance here, no one will bother you for whatever you're wearing or however you look as long as you're a nice person. Also, if you're interested, min wage is quite min and there are plenty of people that are more than ready/capable to work if you're not bringing your own team. Good luck.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:24:55 PM

Check Serbia.

Thanks, i have asked my partner to look into it.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:25:38 PM

Hello Geeks

3. Other IT activities.

1. Low tax rate

Thank you.  Smiley

Just a word of advice from myself, you should probably set up those machines to mine for yourself. I think people in general are weary about the idea of cloud mining. After all, why would they pay less for something that has the potential to make the owner more money? Furthermore, many other cloud mining companies have been exposed as scams in the past. Be a little cautious of how you approach the situation.

If you want to look for a place, ideally, you'd go somewhere North to set up, especially where it's a little cooler. You'll reduce the costs that you pay for cooling. Furthermore, the housing prices as you go further north and into the cold, I'm sure, would start dropping drastically, so keep that in mind.

Noted with thanks  Smiley
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:26:16 PM

Check Serbia.

Pretty much, the government is trying to make it a lot easier for someone who's not from Serbia to start out a business, and that subsidies are humbly given out to all foreign investors. You have nothing to worry about it being crypto friendly, I don't think that government has any plans considering crypto. As player514, summer can get pretty hot and winters quite cold, so you can balance those two out. Freedom is something that's of abundance here, no one will bother you for whatever you're wearing or however you look as long as you're a nice person. Also, if you're interested, min wage is quite min and there are plenty of people that are more than ready/capable to work if you're not bringing your own team. Good luck.

Glad to know, any idea what is the cost of electricity in Serbia?
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:54:39 PM

Some Arab countries have a very low cost for electricity so having mining farms down has to be very profitable, the problem is the heat
Yes but they don't have any clear position and as they are kingdoms , you can expect anything anytime, not business friendly.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

I think Sweden is the most suitable country for mining because it is one of the cold countries of Europe, additional costs such as cooling are reduced
What is the cost of electricity in Sweden?
Is Cryptocurrency mining legal in Sweden?
What is the taxation?
zoran.drobnjak

Activity: 88
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:19:46 AM

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/images/8/8c/Electricity_prices%2C_first_half_of_year%2C_2015-2017.png

Link above has electricity price comparison for all European countries.
zlatan07

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:08:50 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 09:52:47 PM by zlatan07

1. Low tax rate

Thank you.  Smiley

I  can just suggest you to check Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Here are some of the information you need :

- Here you can find tax rates https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina
- Electricity costs http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/images/8/8c/Electricity_prices%2C_first_half_of_year%2C_2015-2017.png
- Veil and Hija are allowed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#Religion
- About immigration, you can check here http://msb.gov.ba/inf_za_strance/default.aspx?id=3068&langTag=en-US

For all other questions, you can contact them at this phone numbers:
tel.: +387 33 213 623
fax: +387 33 213 628
e-mail: glasnogovornik@msb.gov.ba
or try to investigate on this site http://msb.gov.ba/Default.aspx?pageIndex=1&langTag=en-US

Have a nice day.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:48:48 AM

Check Serbia.

Thanks, i have asked my partner to look into it.

Contacted them and got no response...
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:37:36 PM

Trust me when i tell you...Taxes are here...20% for company...they will add you more taxes to pay because they "forget" to tell you. Electricity is here 0.17c when you spend more over 1650kw, basically 150$ per miner, industrial electricity is not that much from 0.17 maybe 1-2c less... Only thing about crypto..That our national bank has said is "Bitcoin is not currency".

Viva la Serbia /s
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Trust me when i tell you...Taxes are here...20% for company...they will add you more taxes to pay because they "forget" to tell you. Electricity is here 0.17c when you spend more over 1650kw, basically 150$ per miner, industrial electricity is not that much from 0.17 maybe 1-2c less... Only thing about crypto..That our national bank has said is "Bitcoin is not currency".

Viva la Serbia /s

So it means that they have a unregulated status...

I heard Belarus https://news.bitcoin.com/cryptocurrencies-activities-legal-tax-free-belarus-starting-march/
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:57:34 PM

Yes, totally. Bitcoin is not regulated here at all. But there is no really much use of it at all in therms of: You can go buy coffee, bread, dinner, flowers etc. Well that looks much better option then Serbia, but not sure what are electricity rates there.

You would need to sell it(convert it to fiat EUR) then convert that to RSD(Serbian Dinar), and after that you can use it. But not sure how does that reflect doing that as company, how much taxes you need to pay for that, does this act look as "Foreign Income", since its Bitcoin involved, and not "Doing modeling job, or working for someone"
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:42:40 PM

Yes, totally. Bitcoin is not regulated here at all. But there is no really much use of it at all in therms of: You can go buy coffee, bread, dinner, flowers etc. Well that looks much better option then Serbia, but not sure what are electricity rates there.

You would need to sell it(convert it to fiat EUR) then convert that to RSD(Serbian Dinar), and after that you can use it. But not sure how does that reflect doing that as company, how much taxes you need to pay for that, does this act look as "Foreign Income", since its Bitcoin involved, and not "Doing modeling job, or working for someone"

Exactly, that's what i am talking about. As a foreign entrepreneur when i come to your country i need to have clear understanding. Under current scenario when major governments all over world are cracking down on crypto i want to move to a country which accept it as a legal work.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

Out of pure curiosity, what's wrong with where you're based now?

Despite the EU, there's incredible variance in tax rates and no doubt power costs too. One country may be totally viable, the one next door hopeless.

The obvious one, though not EU, is Belarus as they're going full tax free crypto but it doesn't sound like a fun place to live.

The number one thing by a long way is surely power costs. In that case I think it's Bulgaria that's the cheapest.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:06:42 PM

Out of pure curiosity, what's wrong with where you're based now?

Despite the EU, there's incredible variance in tax rates and no doubt power costs too. One country may be totally viable, the one next door hopeless.

The obvious one, though not EU, is Belarus as they're going full tax free crypto but it doesn't sound like a fun place to live.

The number one thing by a long way is surely power costs. In that case I think it's Bulgaria that's the cheapest.

The place where i live is ruled by King, so they can change laws anytime specially as its unregulated at this moment.
Whats the legal status of bitcoin in Bulgaria?
Thanks.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Looking for a signature campaign.
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:53:25 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 07:44:31 PM by frodocooper

Thank you, please advise about legal complications in Bulgaria, is bitcoin legal there?

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from iluvbitcoins.)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: