Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Ranks Overview (ranks/activity/merit/badges/limits)  (Read 1656 times)
Micio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1283

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:14:38 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 05:48:35 PM by Micio
Merited by babo (10), lucolo (8), Potato Chips (3), duesoldi (3), redsn0w (3), Ale88 (2), arulbero (2), Tyrantt (2), Piggy (2), mprep (1), LTU_btc (1), Mr. Big (1), fillippone (1), xtraelv (1), Isildur (official) (1), sncc (1)

Forum Ranks Overview
New forum ranks explained

Ranks

Jr. Member301Max 150 characters per post.
Member6010Links allowed. Maximum 4000 characters.
Full Member120100Colors allowed. Personal images allowed.
Sr. Member240250Font size allowed.
Hero Member480500Background color allowed.
Legendary775-10301000

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Special Rank
Description
Tag
LegendaryYou are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.
DonatorManually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under
his name of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count
when user is a Donator.
VIPManually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under
his name of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count
when user is a VIP.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Staff Rank
Description
Tag
ModeratorShown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out gray.
Global ModeratorApplied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
AdministratorHas all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other
administrative tasks. Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless
of post count.
FounderReserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

Paid Memberships
Description
Tag
Copper [buy now]Some of the same permissions as Member-rank members, such as reduced
signature styling restrictions.
(But none of the PM-related restrictions are currently lifted, such as the style limit or
per-hour PM limit).

Your "you must wait ____ seconds between ___" counter is reduced by 75%. So if
you're naturally of Newbie rank, you only have to wait 360-75% = 90 seconds.

If you paid an "evil IP" registration fee, then whatever you paid (in BTC terms) is
subtracted from the upgrade fee.
If you paid a registration fee a long time ago, you might even get a free
Copper Membership due to the increase in BTC price.

Badges

Criteria: Recommendation by an existing Bitcoin expert or core dev and approval by a forum administrator.
Bitcoin-Qt core developer Dev&Tech only. These are the core developers of Satoshi's Bitcoin client. They are listed here. Core developers are among the top
contributors to Bitcoin-Qt, and they are all bitcoin experts, though they don't also get that badge.
The Glider (hacker symbol) Awarded for people who have responsibly disclosed forum security flaws.

Personal Messages Limits

Maximum PM
recipients
PMs per hour

Activity System

Merit System

(which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of Merit Sources (so that people don't bug them too much),
though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.
How should we use MeritYou should give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with. Do not beg for merit excessively.
Trade or sell Merit is forbidden.
How to become a Merit SourceBe a somewhat established member. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months that have not received nearly enough
merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. We will take a look at your history and maybe
make you a source.
What is sMeritYou earn 0.5 sMerit every 1 Merit you receive. You can send sMerit, they have no other purpose. You cannot send your own Merit.
When someone gives Merit to you they lose sMerit of the amount transfered and you gain Merit as well as sMerit (which in case you
can send again). Example: Should I send 10 Merit to you for a post, my sMerit would decrease by 10. Your Merit would increase by
10 and your sMerit would increase by 5. Merits are exclusively earned, but the sMerit part you also get keeps the circulation flowing.

Merit infographic:

CHANGELOG
Code:
27/09/2018: Added Copper Membership and formatted.
23/09/2018: Updated Jr. Member requirements.
01/06/2018: Added new links and link to infographics.
15/02/2018: Formatted text.
28/01/2018: Draft.

This page is under construction.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:01:01 PM

Updated. Please tell me what other informations you would like to see.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:52:55 PM
Merited by Micio (1)

Hi Sir Micio. Is it okay for a Full Member like me or any Member here in the forum to wear a Signature that we made by ourselves? I'm planning to make my own Signature with "Silent26" bla bla design and just wondering if it's okay for me to wear a signature that I will create. But I assure you that it will follow the Signature Limitatons as a Full Member. Im just asking if it is not prohibited here in the forum and to be sure. I'm also planning to be a Signature designer soon. Im glad that I found this thread with such helpful information about Signature Limitations. I've been having trouble  looking for this hehe. Finally found it.

By the way. I will be waiting for your response Sir. Thanks a lot.

404 Not Found
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:09:36 PM
Merited by Micio (2)

Hi Sir Micio. Is it okay for a Full Member like me or any Member here in the forum to wear a Signature that we made by ourselves? I'm planning to make my own Signature with "Silent26" bla bla design and just wondering if it's okay for me to wear a signature that I will create. But I assure you that it will follow the Signature Limitatons as a Full Member. Im just asking if it is not prohibited here in the forum and to be sure. I'm also planning to be a Signature designer soon. Im glad that I found this thread with such helpful information about Signature Limitations. I've been having trouble  looking for this hehe. Finally found it.

Yes you can put your own signature and it isn't against the forum rules AFAIK.
I've already done it a few times in the past.

P.S That is why signature space is created to advertise yourself/anything that you would like other ppl to see.
Best wishes for being a Signature Designer talking from a signature designer as well.

n.b roam to this thread to understand more about what is wrong and against the forum rule so you wouldn't ask a question regarding signature space.
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:26:28 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 02:09:47 PM by sncc
Merited by Micio (2)

This is nice summary.
It would be good to include some infographic of the system as well.
Below is an infographic I created and posted here:

To be fair, there are several infographic by other users
( paxmao's infographic, ibminer's infographic, 8Habits's infographic, JetSet11's infographic, zentdex's infographic, alia_armelle's infographic )
but in my infographic I tried to make the logic more graphical and intuitive.

Also, it would be informative to include the following table by roslinpl:

Lesson 1: Forum's signature styling rules

RANK      
     LINKS      
     STYLING      
     BOLD LETTERS      
     ITALICIZED      
     UNDERLINED      
     TABLES      
     MAX. CHARS.      
Newbies
no
no
no
yes
yes
no
Jr. Members
no
no
no
yes
yes
no
Members
yes
no
no
yes
yes
no
Full Members
yes
font color, font face
yes
yes
yes
no
Sr. Members
yes
yes (without 'glow')
yes
yes
yes
yes
Hero/Legendary.Members
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

Silent26

Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:41:51 PM

P.S That is why signature space is created to advertise yourself/anything that you would like other ppl to see.
Best wishes for being a Signature Designer talking from a signature designer as well.

n.b roam to this thread to understand more about what is wrong and against the forum rule so you wouldn't ask a question regarding signature space.
Yees. So it is not prohibited. Thank you for your information Sir Cobalt. But, can I ask something again? Cheesy I just wanted to ask what bbcode editor do you use for creating Signature. I'm just using wysiwyg rich text and html editor for android, and looking if there are much better IDE or apps for making bbc.

By the way, thanks for cheering me up Sir. Best wishes to you too. I'm still a Newbie in the field of creating Signature, I will need more practice. I admire your creativity Sir, Thank you again Smiley

404 Not Found
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:09:54 AM
Merited by Micio (2), Silent26 (1)

Yees. So it is not prohibited. Thank you for your information Sir Cobalt. But, can I ask something again? Cheesy I just wanted to ask what bbcode editor do you use for creating Signature. I'm just using wysiwyg rich text and html editor for android, and looking if there are much better IDE or apps for making bbc.

By the way, thanks for cheering me up Sir. Best wishes to you too. I'm still a Newbie in the field of creating Signature, I will need more practice. I admire your creativity Sir, Thank you again Smiley

I don't think other signature designer is using special editor to create signatuer design.
in windows I use notepad.
in linux I use gedit/pluma.
other signatuer designer is using the reply button notepad.

it's about your experienced and time devoted to create a signature design not the looks/appearances, experienced is the only teacher we can relay upon everything.
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:49:30 AM

This is nice summary.

https://i.imgur.com/IbsbxOr

( paxmao's infographic, ibminer's infographic, 8Habits's infographic, JetSet11's infographic, zentdex's infographic, alia_armelle's infographic )

Also, it would be informative to include the following table by roslinpl:

Lesson 1: Forum's signature styling rules

RANK      
     LINKS      
     STYLING      
     BOLD LETTERS      
     ITALICIZED      
     UNDERLINED      
     TABLES      
     MAX. CHARS.      
Newbies
no
no
no
yes
yes
no
Jr. Members
no
no
no
yes
yes
no
Members
yes
no
no
yes
yes
no
Full Members
yes
font color, font face
yes
yes
yes
no
Sr. Members
yes
yes (without 'glow')
yes
yes
yes
yes
Hero/Legendary.Members
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

I already put a table with signature features, if you want, I can make another table like the one you posted.

Ranks

Jr. Member300Max 150 characters per post.
Member6010Links allowed. Unlimited characters per post.
Full Member120100Colors allowed. Personal images allowed.
Sr. Member240250Font size allowed.
Hero Member480500Background color allowed.
Legendary775-10301000

LegendaryYou are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.
DonatorManually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under
his name of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count
when user is a Donator.
VIPManually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under
his name of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count
when user is a VIP.

ModeratorShown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out gray.
Global ModeratorApplied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
AdministratorHas all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other
administrative tasks. Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless
of post count.
FounderReserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:02:00 AM

This is nice summary.

https://i.imgur.com/IbsbxOr

I added your and the others infographics, updated links and update a new format!
Abal Abal

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 01:39:55 AM

thanks to # Diam_28 as the avatar and thanks to # cobalt9317 for the answer and explanation.
because this discussion also becomes what I am confused with my friend.

sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:01:33 PM
Merited by Micio (1)

I already put a table with signature features, if you want, I can make another table like the one you posted.
Your table is fine but one thing I noticed is that there is actually a limit for number of characters:
Member: Links allowed. Max 4000 characters.

I added your and the others infographics, updated links and update a new format!
Great, that would be helpful especially for Newbies.
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:08:41 AM

Your table is fine but one thing I noticed is that there is actually a limit for number of characters:
Member: Links allowed. Max 4000 characters.

Great, that would be helpful especially for Newbies.

Thank you for the suggestion, I updated the table.
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:21:38 AM

sncc infographic updated.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:31:42 PM

I don't think other signature designer is using special editor to create signatuer design.
in windows I use notepad.
in linux I use gedit/pluma.
other signatuer designer is using the reply button notepad.

it's about your experienced and time devoted to create a signature design not the looks/appearances, experienced is the only teacher we can relay upon everything.
I think there are lots of editor to create a signature, all you need is experience as mention above and knowledge on how to create one when it's your first time in creating one. I would like to share an editor that you can use. Bbcode is an example editor you can use. Bbcode is a special implementation of HTML, hope you find BBcode useful.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:07:24 PM

Minor updates on the Overview.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:56:11 PM

I made this list with all those who own the Bitcoin expert Badge. There are 16 people.

The BitcoinTalk expert list
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:00:31 AM

I like it so far..

Add a section on how the trust system and DT work, and how to modify your trust settings..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Micio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:12:38 PM

I made this list with all those who own the Bitcoin expert Badge. There are 16 people.

The BitcoinTalk expert list

Thank you for adding informations, I did not know they were only 16 people in entire bitcointalk Cheesy
grimaltonio

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

In terms of Signature, from full member, personal images are allowed. But could you tell me the maximum size of such images?
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:16:04 AM

How about adding also the rank requirements in posting pictures and wearing an avatar?

This clearly distinguishes the privileges of higher rank positions.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: