Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:00:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoarding NMC now?  (Read 1688 times)
Sukrim (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:18:16 PM

Namecoins will most likely drop in difficulty significantly in ~1 week. (http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php)

Might it be useful to buy namecoins right now and speculate on a second NMC bubble or not?

/discuss

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 12:25:39 AM

Namecoins will most likely drop in difficulty significantly in ~1 week. (http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php)

Might it be useful to buy namecoins right now and speculate on a second NMC bubble or not?

/discuss

They are at a very low price right now considering the history. I would advise it.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:48:21 AM

It's a gamble.  You're gambling that NMC miners will grow a brain and stop donating 33-40% of their computational power to BTC miners and go mine BTC instead, buying NMC up to relative $/computation parity with BTC.  That hasn't been a good bet so far, those guys are eager and happy to give away money.  In fact, as far as I can tell, the only people itching to mine NMC have a hard time with basic arithmetic.

After the difficulty drops it's pretty much a given those of us with calculators will swoop in and mine all 2016 blocks in a day or two, leaving the chumps to subsidize us for another month.  I've already got my mining scripts set up to switch to NMC just as soon as NMC block 16128 rolls around.

TL;DR: I doubt you'll see much better than the current .025-.03 NMC to the BTC any time soon.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:39:50 AM

It's a gamble.  You're gambling that NMC miners will grow a brain and stop donating 33-40% of their computational power to BTC miners and go mine BTC instead, buying NMC up to relative $/computation parity with BTC.  That hasn't been a good bet so far, those guys are eager and happy to give away money.  In fact, as far as I can tell, the only people itching to mine NMC have a hard time with basic arithmetic.

After the difficulty drops it's pretty much a given those of us with calculators will swoop in and mine all 2016 blocks in a day or two, leaving the chumps to subsidize us for another month.  I've already got my mining scripts set up to switch to NMC just as soon as NMC block 16128 rolls around.

TL;DR: I doubt you'll see much better than the current .025-.03 NMC to the BTC any time soon.

I think you mean to say "I doubt you'll see much better than the current .025-.03 BTC to the NMC anytime soon."

And I disagree. I see the ratio going over 0.05 BTC / NMC not before first hitting 0.014 BTC / NMC.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:27:03 AM

I agree with you re: .014 being hit first.  And at some point, sure, .05 could happen.  I just don't see it soon.  As in, within the next 3-4 bitcoin difficulties soon.

In another week or so we'll very briefly have NMC difficulty/BTC difficulty ratio of .0138.  Everyone with a calculator sees it coming, which is exactly why namecoin miners are currently happily giving away well over a third of their processing power.  The speculators buying at .025 right now could well be stumbling into one giant value trap.

Since I know NMC miners like to mine and sell at a significant discount to the NMC/BTC ratio .012 may happen in the next week.  After that -- we'll see.  I think people will clue in about NMC difficulty bouncing like a yo-yo and the willingness of NMC miners to give money away even if NMC difficulty rockets back up to 60k and a .04 NMC/BTC ratio.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:14:49 PM

I agree with you re: .014 being hit first.  And at some point, sure, .05 could happen.  I just don't see it soon.  As in, within the next 3-4 bitcoin difficulties soon.

In another week or so we'll very briefly have NMC difficulty/BTC difficulty ratio of .0138.  Everyone with a calculator sees it coming, which is exactly why namecoin miners are currently happily giving away well over a third of their processing power.  The speculators buying at .025 right now could well be stumbling into one giant value trap.

Since I know NMC miners like to mine and sell at a significant discount to the NMC/BTC ratio .012 may happen in the next week.  After that -- we'll see.  I think people will clue in about NMC difficulty bouncing like a yo-yo and the willingness of NMC miners to give money away even if NMC difficulty rockets back up to 60k and a .04 NMC/BTC ratio.

I really don't think we will ever get there mate.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
GraphicImpulse

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:22:14 PM

Namecoin has nearly 0 use. Maybe in 2287 when we run out of every single domain possible.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

Namecoin has nearly 0 use. Maybe in 2287 when we run out of every single domain possible.

+1

Namecoin isnt being used as it was intended = Failed Coin.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:36:15 PM

I'm not convinced by NameCoin, doesn't have a strong fundamental "yet". It also seems to attract certain pump/dump clubs   Cheesy

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:41:49 PM

The trolls over at BTCe tell me it's going on MtGox, it has an API URL.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:48:37 PM

+1

Is that still the case? Little birds tell me that due to the supposed plans of MtGox to integrate NMC the development is starting back up with some new ideas in the pipeline.

more or less retired.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

+1

Non of the alt-coins were used as intended yet so they all failed.
Which alt-coin can be used to buy something ?
Only litecoin by a very small acceptance.
All the others are speculations-coins. Namecoin can be traded also like any other.
Namecoin at least has an additional purpose to bitcoin and has achieved also partially this purpose(.bit domains can be registered) at least in the extent as littlecoin has achieved its purpose as paying currency.
All the others have at the moment absolutely no real use.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:25:25 PM

+1

Is that still the case? Little birds tell me that due to the supposed plans of MtGox to integrate NMC the development is starting back up with some new ideas in the pipeline.

In fact i'm with rabbit, if nmc hits mtgox, shure you can expect a big price rise... i'm betting more on nmc than ltc.

Also, i readed some people interested on nmc and good developers trying new things with nmc.

I think is a good idea Hoard some nmc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: