Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCGarden -- collecting user input for chip selling plan  (Read 1014 times)
aiwill (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:24:37 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 02:13:20 PM by aiwill

Hello everyone

this thread was written to ask :

whether you can find a way to DIY the PCB&SMT part in your place? Is Capacity of PCB&SMT enough in USA/Your places besides China?

I,e, if we sell you the pure chips and open source the PCB part,  do you have your own way to solve the other part? can you solve the  PCB/SMT/deploy plan all by yourself?

We are planning to tapeout 1500TH+ chips in Sep(i,e, the 2nd batch of 1st gen chips of btcgarden. The 1st batch of 250TH of 1st gen chips will be in hand soon and will be deployed in china as you might knew) ,all of these 1500TH will be in hand in the mid of Nov, and

A model: we sell pure chips(around 0.11BTC/GH , 3 TH as MOQ). we can send all of them to buyers immediately once we get it, and all of the open-source-references&information will be issued online in advance for sure.

B model: We sell the complete assembly just like ASICMINER`s blades.However ,this model will be more time-consuming and currently we do not have enough funds&Human Resources to do such a huge amount of it.(more than 100k boards needed)

C model: If you do not have a tech-background to do deployment but you have distribution channels,you can be our affiliate or group purchase organizer to earn the rakeback.

BTW: our pcb for chips is 32-chips/board(400MH/s per chip), and it costs 25USD/blade in china.So if you have enough advantage on electric fee in you place(like WA state,USA),then this expenditure will not be a problem even if it is a little higher than china`s. In additionl ,we will give our orders some sample chips (from our 1st batch)in the end of Sep for preparations.

If you have any suggestions&preference(which model in your opinion?)&answers(do you have enough PCB-facturies in USA/your places?) please reply me ASAP,we are collecting infos and I ll keep updating this thread (more details like gerber&BOM will also be uploaded for evaluation),thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aiwill (OP)

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 09:04:04 AM

R1
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:36:36 PM

i think that model A is the best option (my opinion) for the smaller miners they can get boards from local bitcointalk members assuming that they live in major countries. i also think that you will find people popping up that are happy to get boards and fabrication for the chips organised. As long as the bom and gerbers are publicly available and the bom components are relatively easy for people to get their hands on i think you will find model A your best option.

Just want to say before people tear down my comment. This is my personal opinion you may feel differently feel free to express your thoughts bellow.

thanks

Message me if you have any problems
aiwill (OP)

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:12:21 PM

i think that model A is the best option (my opinion) for the smaller miners they can get boards from local bitcointalk members assuming that they live in major countries. i also think that you will find people popping up that are happy to get boards and fabrication for the chips organised. As long as the bom and gerbers are publicly available and the bom components are relatively easy for people to get their hands on i think you will find model A your best option.

Just want to say before people tear down my comment. This is my personal opinion you may feel differently feel free to express your thoughts bellow.

thanks

thanks for your advice. it makes sense so much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: